United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
What's really pissed me off is that the worst tackle of the match, Richards on Vidic, went unpunished.
Great shout.
How the £#%&! we had 5 players booked & one sent off I'll never know.

Richards could have been booked about 4 times (if he'd been wearing Red of course)
Dunne bringing down Park late on in the 2nd half when we were breaking 3 on 3.

The Ronaldo one was strange.
It was just a bizarre, instinctive reaction.
...unfortunately though, he misses Spurs away. Hopefully Berbatov will finally come to life in that one.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
yep, showed the ref the stud marks on his chest too.

i don't think he did

tbf, he had a piss poor match by his standards, maybe he lost the flight, maybe he was acting the @#%&!. i wouldn't like to say. i don't think he got a touch on the ball on his first booking, still a little unlucky to see yellow. i don't think we can have too many complaints about the yellow for handball though.
Bizarre post. Blatantly got the ball in first. Gained NO advantage with the second one so never a booking. Odd post.

Unread 30-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Bizarre post. Blatantly got the ball in first. Gained NO advantage with the second one so never a booking. Odd post.
i'd like to see it again but i'm pretty sure he got nothing on the ball for the first. you may say he gained no advantage with the second but it was deliberate handball from a corner. i'm far from an expert on such matters as the letter of the law these days, and i'm only going on my own instinct, but i wasn't surprised in the slightest by the second yellow. i'm no ronnie hater but i thought there was a degree of petulance with the handball.

Unread 30-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
i'd like to see it again but i'm pretty sure he got nothing on the ball for the first. you may say he gained no advantage with the second but it was deliberate handball from a corner. i'm far from an expert on such matters as the letter of the law these days, and i'm only going on my own instinct, but i wasn't surprised in the slightest by the second yellow. i'm no ronnie hater but i thought there was a degree of petulance with the handball.
right, so Ronaldo powers into the air to meet a corner

and petulantly handles it instead

you have to be £#%&!ing joking Toey

Unread 30-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
right, so Ronaldo powers into the air to meet a corner

and petulantly handles it instead

you have to be £#%&!ing joking Toey
i'm bemused to why the £#%&! he did it otherwise. there's bunker's theory but that doesn't work for me. this isn't sunday league on the local park. if he thought he was going to get hit in the face, why didn't he turn his head. he may have still got enough on it for a goal scoring chance.

ask yourself this, if it was a city player who did the same in our box from a corner and got booked, would you say he was unlucky too?

Unread 30-11-2008, 07:23 PM
wonky no

fletch could have been sent off tbf

Unread 30-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
i'm bemused to why the £#%&! he did it otherwise. there's bunker's theory but that doesn't work for me. this isn't sunday league on the local park. if he thought he was going to get hit in the face, why didn't he turn his head. he may have still got enough on it for a goal scoring chance.

ask yourself this, if it was a city player who did the same in our box from a corner and got booked, would you say he was unlucky too?
doubt i'd care one way or the other

i'd probably wonder what the £#%&! it was all about though!

ask yourself this, if he'd been trying to score wouldn't he have studied the Scholes video a bit more closely?

Unread 30-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Toey, i respect your view, but it isn't just 'bunkers theory'............

Its how it works....

Its hard to explain.....Sometimes you just grab the ball....no matter if its sunday league or Man united...

Its just one of them wierd times....

Unread 30-11-2008, 07:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Don't know if it's been mentioned I can't be arsed reading every post, but what aboult when Park roasted Dunne on the right side, he was past him and in with a create chance of squaring it or whatever, Dunne brings him down but Webb doesn't even £#%&!ing talk to him! Yet a minute earlier he'd given one of our players a 'talking to' Fletcher I think, over something far less.

Unread 30-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Don't know if it's been mentioned I can't be arsed reading every post, but what aboult when Park roasted Dunne on the right side, he was past him and in with a create chance of squaring it or whatever, Dunne brings him down but Webb doesn't even £#%&!ing talk to him! Yet a minute earlier he'd given one of our players a 'talking to' Fletcher I think, over something far less.
yep. it was one of several laughably one-sided decisions. We annoyed webb i think. he was trying to make a point. I knew ronaldo was going off when he applauded him.

Unread 30-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
doubt i'd care one way or the other

i'd probably wonder what the £#%&! it was all about though!

ask yourself this, if he'd been trying to score wouldn't he have studied the Scholes video a bit more closely?
that was a classic.

i can't for the life of me remember who it was against as i'm well toasted atm, but ronaldo's bravery in such situations isn't in doubt. i remember him launching himself into a header to score in a cl match this year where he nearly had his head taken off by the defender and he knew it was coming too.

i just cannot envisage any other reason than he struggled all game, got frustrated and just did something stupid because he lost his mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Toey, i respect your view, but it isn't just 'bunkers theory'............

Its how it works....

Its hard to explain.....Sometimes you just grab the ball....no matter if its sunday league or Man united...

Its just one of them wierd times....
i don't know anymore, feel free to call me toey deacon.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
that was a classic.

i can't for the life of me remember who it was against as i'm well toasted atm, but ronaldo's bravery in such situations isn't in doubt. i remember him launching himself into a header to score in a cl match this year where he nearly had his head taken off by the defender and he knew it was coming too.
Roma

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:16 PM
borsuk

ronnie wasn't especially poor (other than by his own absurdly high standards). he drew two or three city players to him virtually every time he got the ball and still managed to find a red shirt and maintain possession. some wasteful flicks at times, though.

interesting that he didn't take a single free kick all game, even ones within shooting range for him.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:16 PM
CockOfTheNorth

It was one of those weird things you do by accident, I've done it myself in an FA youth cup game ffs last season. I went up for a header with a player on the halfway and punched the ball for some reason, I have no idea why I did it.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:21 PM
borsuk

ronnie wasn't especially poor (other than by his own absurdly high standards). he drew two or three city players to him virtually every time he got the ball and still managed to find a red shirt and maintain possession. some wasteful flicks at times, though.

interesting that he didn't take a single free kick all game, even ones within shooting range for him.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Ether

I can't remember us having many within shooting range for him though? There was one at the end of the first half that was on the border, but he chose to let Wayne pass it to him to play with on the touchline and knock it back, to see us through safely to half-time.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOfTheNorth
It was one of those weird things you do by accident, I've done it myself in an FA youth cup game ffs last season. I went up for a header with a player on the halfway and punched the ball for some reason, I have no idea why I did it.
That's how I see it too. I would expect Ronnie has no idea why he did it. Maybe he thought a defender was cutting in front of him to head clear, or expected a challenge. He's very brave in the air, he timed it perfectly and had an absolutely free header, but somehow the ball being there surprised him, and he just reacted in an odd way.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Sloppy

Ferguson said that ronaldo told him he heard what he thought was the whistle.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:49 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Anybody feel that the sending off actually helped us?

I mean it was a poor decision but i felt the team responded to it very well and stuck together while in previous away games they've reacted badly to a decision (Neville vs Everton) at the time we were a little wasteful up front but it made is a stronger unit.

Cracking result

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:53 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Anybody feel that the sending off actually helped us?

I mean it was a poor decision but i felt the team responded to it very well and stuck together while in previous away games they've reacted badly to a decision (Neville vs Everton) at the time we were a little wasteful up front but it made is a stronger unit.

Cracking result
it didn't make any difference to us as it was a forward who went off and we were one up. if it had been 0-0 then city would have had the upper hand and not need to committ another midfielder forward.
Closed Thread