United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
carrick is crucial, as the zenit match should have made clear to anyone watching.
Didn't it just! Our midfield looked so disorganised and exposed without him. I think I've said on here before I'm quite worried about our reliance on Carrick. For me, he's the only player who can do that job of screening the back four to a high standard. Zenit had the Ukrainian lad in front of the back four and he was excellent. I wanted to see us add another holding midfielder over the summer, but as it is, I’d be very worried about any match against decent opposition if Carrick is unavailable.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
i agree with just about all of that. The thing with Rooney is that he is a victim of his own attitude. Not many "stars" would be happy to play here there and everywhere for the good of the team. Wherever he plays he is a still a threat and gives his all selflessly for the good of the side. i am glad SAF isnt as fickle as some on here.
to his career only and probably for defender legs when he gets frustrated.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:46 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Didn't it just! Our midfield looked so disorganised and exposed without him. I think I've said on here before I'm quite worried about our reliance on Carrick. For me, he's the only player who can do that job of screening the back four to a high standard. Zenit had the Ukrainian lad in front of the back four and he was excellent. I wanted to see us add another holding midfielder over the summer, but as it is, I’d be very worried about any match against decent opposition if Carrick is unavailable.
possebon

also anderson and hargreaves together give a pretty good cover.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:47 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
I know... how else ronaldo would have managed 42 goals?

those headers, those free kicks, those solo runs, that back heel?

£#%&! off ronaldo, you ungrateful @#%&!!! thank rooney.
You're a £#%&!ing #@&%! Sharath.

If you can't see what Rooney brings to the team then get the £#%&! down to specsavers.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Ether

Quote:
Why do you even bother watching United you stupid @#%&!?

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:49 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
You're a £#%&!ing #@&%! Sharath.

If you can't see what Rooney brings to the team then get the £#%&! down to specsavers.
lets look at it like this...

what ronaldo brings to this side, what rooney brings to the side

If you are arguing that rooney brings more to the side than ronaldo, sir you are £#%&!ing fool. ( well apart from his fat body that is )

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't think it's a matter of underestimating Rooney for most, at the moment he isn't playing that well and Tevez is so it's pretty reasonable, if you are only playing one or the other, to pick Tevez on current form I'd think. I don't think it's fickleness either, I think most here would be very happy with Rooney in the team, even if he wouldn't necassarily be in their preferred "best" team. Not everything has to enbd up playing one Player off againnst another, the fact is we now have a great squad which should be seen as a good thing.

Im not intending to play players off against each other. we are certainly blessed with the players we can have in our squad but i think it is crazy that a player of Rooneys calibre who played a essential part in our becoming English and European Champions is not seen to be in peoples best side when a player yet to don the shirt is.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
nick henry

Quote:
You clearly have no place in a discussion about football

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Ether

Quote:

If you are arguing that rooney brings more to the side than ronaldo, sir you are £#%&!ing fool. ( well apart from his fat body that is )
NOBODY is arguing that you stupid £#%&!ing #@&%!

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
King Schlong

Quote:

I wasn't arguing anything of the sort you stupid @#%&!. They are both £#%&!ing great players and they both play for us so there is no need to compare them in any way at all. We are lucky to have them both.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
possebon

also anderson and hargreaves together give a pretty good cover.
But none of those three players are natural holding midfielders, are they? I didn't say we had no other midfield players.

keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Why do you even bother watching United you stupid @#%&!?
whats your problem @#%&!? I will tell you. you can't accept reality.

is it hurting you that your own english player is not the best player in the squad and another foriegner has been bought who is probably better than him and direct threat to him?

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
But none of those three players are natural holding midfielders, are they? I didn't say we had no other midfield players.
I think hargreaves and anderson did admirably well at liverpool and arsenal last season.

especially arsenal, the best passing team in europe.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I'm not so sure about that. Just because Fergie decided that was the most appropriate team to beat Chelsea on the night doesn't necessarily mean that he thought it was his overall "best team". For example, there was clearly a deliberate ploy to overload the right hand side of the pitch and thus draw Chelsea over, getting Ronaldo isolated against Essien out on the left. The way the team was set out, in a 4-4-2 with Hargreaves on the right and Ronaldo (unusually) staying wide as a fairly orthodox left winger, obviously reflected this game plan. Against different opposition, the line up and shape of the team could well have been a little different.
Agree with everything you say there SN but Fergie had to get Hargreaves in that team somehow so our 11 'most reliable' anyway were on the field v Chelsea.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
NOBODY is arguing that you stupid £#%&!ing #@&%!
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
I wasn't arguing anything of the sort you stupid @#%&!
Please see below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Considering our pitiful record when he didn't play last season, it is all the more surprising.

Was it one game we lost he played? Portsmouth in the Cup?

I know he played at Chelsea, but it was 1-1 when he went off!

His presence undoubtedly has an effect on the side, I think it also greatly helps Ronaldo.

For me, he is the first name on the teamsheet.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Ether

Quote:

is it hurting you that your own english player is not the best player in the squad and another foriegner has been bought who is probably better than him and direct threat to him?
I'm not English you £#%&!ing weapon.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Ether

Quote:
Please see below...
Looks like you still need a few more English lessons mate, because it doesn't say 'Rooney brings more to the team than Ronaldo'

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Please see below...
Are you for real!?

All he said was that Rooney compliments Ronaldo's play which is £#%&!ing true.

Now £#%&! off you stupid @#%&!.

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Unread 05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

There really is no need for the hatred mate. This is why people end up calling Ronaldo to defend Rooney. I don't understand why some people can't just support the players and have a middle ground. It's like you have to either love a player, or hate him.

If you can't see what Rooney brings to the team, then you're as bad as the people who you say are arguing that Rooney bring more than Ronaldo.

Stop with this thing that people just defend Rooney 'cos he is English and don't like it that Ronaldo is foreign, if you came and watched United you'd actually realise that isn't the case. Do you realise what a big idol and hero Ronaldo was? (The Madrid thing £#%&!ed that up). Evra is fantastic, isn't he foreign? What about Berbatov? Isn't he foreign? Don't 99% love it that we've got Berbatov? Stop making silly arguments up to just try and say shit things about Rooney. It doesn't work mate.
Closed Thread