United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
And so bunks launches his official tilt at foty. Clearly he's positioning himself as the tried and trusted 'top red' candidate. Has he gone early? Is it even sustainable? Given earlier comments in today's match thread many constituents might see him as flip flopping. Interesting times.
every year like clockwork....

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:02 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
'bout time esters got the recognition tbf... easily top 3 for me. Vedder in the running for unsung...

Mental isn't it. State of it this year
Been a shocking year- perhaps not the year to win it?

Agree on those two being in the mix - really enjoying Chris Quayders work aswell but not nearly prolific enough. Sage will be interesting - saffers imv. Think siders will get support posthumously though. Would a Fred award pull him away from philipplahm.net though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
There's a FOTY pre thread for this Noncery lads.....
Merge please mods

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Been a shocking year- perhaps not the year to win it?

Agree on those two being in the mix - really enjoying Chris Quayders work aswell but not nearly prolific enough. Sage will be interesting - saffers imv. Think siders will get support posthumously though. Would a Fred award pull him away from philipplahm.net though?

Merge please mods
Quad'ers eh.....an IRL bunks friend..

Small circles...

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:09 AM
elephantstone

I think puressence could be an outsider to foty.

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:19 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think puressence could be an outsider to foty.
Really? - he's been windmilling random subbies to loads of people most of the year in between backing both lvg to stay and jose to take over *at the same £#%&!ing time*.

Very messy output whether you agree with the subbies or not.

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Really? - he's been windmilling random subbies to loads of people most of the year in between backing both lvg to stay and jose to take over *at the same £#%&!ing time*.

Plus he's a complete arse.

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Mr_Ed

Sorry bunks cant get foty purely based on his irrational and unconditional love of Rooney. Bonkers it is.

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:34 AM
silv

Can't help but think this years will be like when Leicester won the league. Except without the brilliance.

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:44 AM
elephantstone

Quote:

I think that where his unique strengths lie, people are baffled by his posts but you have to agree that he is a poster that you cant ignore.

Unread 07-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Bit of noise on the Vbookie sub forum on what odds to place fat goth...

Some shouts for evens...

Unread 07-11-2016, 11:08 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Bit of noise on the Vbookie sub forum on what odds to place fat goth...

Some shouts for evens...
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=41

Unread 07-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Cheers mate....

Here's a link for you...

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/usercp.php

Check it...

Unread 07-11-2016, 02:17 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

If you can't see we're heading in the right direction then I feel sorry for you

The damage Moyes did was just incredible, getting rid of so many winners and just dropping the standard dramatically. We're still in a recovery phase and the off days should be judged in that context. What I find promising is that I've enjoyed watching us this season and that's something I can't really say has been the case in the last 3 years.

Unread 07-11-2016, 02:23 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Sorry bunks cant get foty purely based on his irrational and unconditional love of Rooney. Bonkers it is.
Its all a wum

Quote:
Cheers mate....

Here's a link for you...

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/usercp.php

Check it...

Is he actually firing out bad rep?

Unread 07-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
If you can't see we're heading in the right direction then I feel sorry for you

The damage Moyes did was just incredible, getting rid of so many winners and just dropping the standard dramatically. We're still in a recovery phase and the off days should be judged in that context. What I find promising is that I've enjoyed watching us this season and that's something I can't really say has been the case in the last 3 years.
The only senior(if you can call him that) player that Moyes got rid of was Fabio.

The butchery of the squad is on LVG. And Father Time with Rio, Vidic and Giggs.

Unread 07-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The only senior(if you can call him that) player that Moyes got rid of was Fabio.

The butchery of the squad is on LVG. And Father Time with Rio, Vidic and Giggs.
Evra is another one that happened on Moyes' watch.

It's looking like the divide between the LVG in/outers is being bridged, the inners were broadly of the opinion that it was the players to blame while as an outer I was of the belief that it was hard to judge how good or bad the players were with a manager that didn't trust them or understand how to get the best out of them.

Now that a different manager has come in with a completely different approach there have been a number of improvements, not least in performances, though some of the same fragility is still present and the players can no longer hide behind the excuse of being stifled. The club can't afford any more upheaval that a new manager brings so it's time to sort out the playing squad and get back to signing players with the mentality to handle the biggest club in the country

Unread 07-11-2016, 03:52 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Evra is another one that happened on Moyes' watch.

It's looking like the divide between the LVG in/outers is being bridged, the inners were broadly of the opinion that it was the players to blame while as an outer I was of the belief that it was hard to judge how good or bad the players were with a manager that didn't trust them or understand how to get the best out of them.

Now that a different manager has come in with a completely different approach there have been a number of improvements, not least in performances, though some of the same fragility is still present and the players can no longer hide behind the excuse of being stifled. The club can't afford any more upheaval that a new manager brings so it's time to sort out the playing squad and get back to signing players with the mentality to handle the biggest club in the country
Evra moved at the beginning of the next season, of course he might have made his mind up earlier. In hindsight we really should have tried to keep him, split his workload with Shaw, ask Evra to work with him.

Sorting out the mentality is key, throwing money at it alone will not work. Fergie consistently got excellent performances out of, just in terms of talent, some fairly mediocre players. They had balls though, and pride in playing for the club, remember Phil Neville destroying peak Vieira in midfield?

Unread 07-11-2016, 04:02 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Its all a wum

Is he actually firing out bad rep?
Is he £#%&!...

Unread 07-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Evra moved at the beginning of the next season, of course he might have made his mind up earlier. In hindsight we really should have tried to keep him, split his workload with Shaw, ask Evra to work with him.

Sorting out the mentality is key, throwing money at it alone will not work. Fergie consistently got excellent performances out of, just in terms of talent, some fairly mediocre players. They had balls though, and pride in playing for the club, remember Phil Neville destroying peak Vieira in midfield?
Who could forget, that's why (to digress slightly) I rate Lingard, he is exactly the type of player who will sweat blood for the shirt and he is capable of special moments, he scored a beauty of a winner in an FA Cup final in what is his first full season at the club. Title winning teams have players like him which is why the "would he get in to the first team at x/y/z" is such a redundant question.

Going back to Fergie, he got the very best out of the players he had, whether with 442/451/cautious in Europe or throwing the kitchen sink in the league and leaving 2 men back for the last 20 minutes. He wasn't wedded to a system and I see similarities with Jose in that regard which is why I think we can see totally different approaches against Leicester/Liverpool but great football regardless.

Evra left in the summer of '14 but made the decision earlier on in the year iirc

Unread 07-11-2016, 04:21 PM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Who could forget, that's why (to digress slightly) I rate Lingard, he is exactly the type of player who will sweat blood for the shirt and he is capable of special moments, he scored a beauty of a winner in an FA Cup final in what is his first full season at the club. Title winning teams have players like him which is why the "would he get in to the first team at x/y/z" is such a redundant question.

Going back to Fergie, he got the very best out of the players he had, whether with 442/451/cautious in Europe or throwing the kitchen sink in the league and leaving 2 men back for the last 20 minutes. He wasn't wedded to a system and I see similarities with Jose in that regard which is why I think we can see totally different approaches against Leicester/Liverpool but great football regardless.

Evra left in the summer of '14 but made the decision earlier on in the year iirc

Evra had signed a new deal in May 2014 but then United put a clause in (or wanted to insert one) which he wasn't happy about so he left that same summer. Was all a little strange as he was going to be Luke Shaw's 'mentor' iirc.
Closed Thread