United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:13 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
did you watch him against newcastle? he is not fit. that's why he had two weeks off.
Looked like the old can't be arsed Rashford to me. Though again I may be confusing that with injury last time.

In any case I hope you are right, though obviosuly that the injury mends quickly as I'm certain we can't rely on Martial.

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:16 AM
Dr Stranger

If the last 18 months of Rashford injuries is anything to go by, they manifest themselves in not looking arsed.

Feels like a really big game this tonight. A big week. If we win the next two. We’re right back on track and we’ve got our best 11 available again from there.

£#%&! it up and we’re a real dogfight for top four.

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:18 AM
RedNick80

True Dr, but I also think both can be true. i.e. sometimes he can be carrying and on other occasions he's just drifting on the wrong side of our general fragile mindset.

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:25 AM
Seamus

Brentford have only lost once in 16 games

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:27 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Brentford have only lost once in 16 games
They're only 7 behind us, be a tough game later, no mugs ...

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
True Dr, but I also think both can be true. i.e. sometimes he can be carrying and on other occasions he's just drifting on the wrong side of our general fragile mindset.
Perhaps. Big second half to the season for him. He’s been superb, but we need to see if consistently, season after season.

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:13 AM
armchair

Good team and they know we're tired and vulnerable.

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They're only 7 behind us, be a tough game later, no mugs ...
Yep. I’ll be ecstatic with a win here.

The league form badly needs rejuvenating.

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yep, exactly what dyche will be saying to his boys in training as well today ...

We need to break the arc, two huge games coming up...

Starting tonight!!!!

Unread 05-04-2023, 11:29 AM
woody78

Can see a score draw tonight....

Unread 05-04-2023, 11:43 AM
shenwen

We’ve been flat and tired before and after the break. Can’t see much changing tonight. Brentford will be up for it and play well on the counter.

Just glad we are at home because I don’t think we’d have much chance at their place.

1-0

Unread 05-04-2023, 11:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Aye, you can see the last few have been playing on our well publicised vulnerability. I’ll be happy with 4 from 6 pts for the next two games. Not exactly confident about that. Just hope Erik can come up with something clever and some of these dopes can follow his instructions. Doesn’t take much for some of them to drop their heads.

Unread 05-04-2023, 11:56 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Aye, you can see the last few have been playing on our well publicised vulnerability. I’ll be happy with 4 from 6 pts for the next two games. Not exactly confident about that. Just hope Erik can come up with something clever and some of these dopes can follow his instructions. Doesn’t take much for some of them to drop their heads.
I'd be happy if we get two draws. we're not guaranteed any points at all with the players available.

Unread 05-04-2023, 12:05 PM
est.1878

Imo we're scoring, and winning, but if we don't it's first time haven't scored in 4 consecutive league games simce April 1989....

Unread 05-04-2023, 01:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'd be happy if we get two draws. we're not guaranteed any points at all with the players available.
i mean he really just needs to pick a midfield and we should be fine

Unread 05-04-2023, 01:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yeah 4 points wouldn’t be back. Guaranteed back in the top four at the very least.

Unread 05-04-2023, 01:58 PM
BigJim

Is it no longer possible to just say Rashford played poorly without implying some vague, unspecified 'injury'?

Unread 05-04-2023, 02:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Is it no longer possible to just say Rashford played poorly without implying some vague, unspecified 'injury'?
not at the moment because he clearly, to my eyes at least, is no 100% fit

Unread 05-04-2023, 02:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
He was subbed injured and has received medical care for an injury ...

I'd say he was or is recovering from an injury ..

Unread 05-04-2023, 02:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
i mean he really just needs to pick a midfield and we should be fine
indeed. without casemiro and eriksen, the options are thin. even everton have a better midfield that we do.
Closed Thread