United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2021, 11:05 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
fair. Was a shocker.

Was last game of the season and Goal of the season that year won a bottle of Hibiki.

Normally far more muted
If I'd have scored that, I'd have gone full-on Tardelli.

Unread 10-07-2021, 11:40 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Stickers deffo the highest level on here. Very jealous you’re still going, I’d love to be training twice a week and playing 11s competitively but 38 now. A big injury at 30 and 4 years out put paid to my serious football. Came back for a Sunday swansong 34-37 but it never felt as serious, was a joy getting back out there though till the baby arrived and called it a day. Just the odd game of 7s on a Saturday for me now.

It’s enough competition to get your fix but I do miss the good old days, the fitness and the intensity of it. Stick with it as long as you can stickers
Thanks lad. I’m also 38 but never had (touch wood) much in the way of injuries and have looked after myself well. Humble brag city but only one or two of the squad are fitter than me.

Got a 5 month old daughter and slowed down a bit last couple years so may call it after next season. Have one more in me I feel.
Go look at Evras instastory, that’s us pissing around after our game yesterday

Unread 11-07-2021, 12:17 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
My guy

Any excuse..

https://youtu.be/GGI_037aHkE
@#%&!! right in the stanchion!

Unread 11-07-2021, 12:31 AM
Bunker Buster

In my 40's, still train and play each week, ex pro, coach under9's and have my FA badges ..

Unread 11-07-2021, 01:05 AM
jem

55, was playing 5s every week til lockdown. must start again.

Unread 11-07-2021, 06:45 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
In my 40's, still train and play each week, ex pro, coach under9's and have my FA badges ..
Pro footballer? Who did you play for?

I had a few goes at keepie-uppies yesterday while I was playing 5-a-side. Most I managed was 86.

Unread 11-07-2021, 07:24 AM
Patty_b

10 years ago could do as many as I could be bothered to do with a size 1 and 5, not attempted any with either in years though so would probably be a bit tragic now. Managed to get 19 with the dogs tennis ball last week in the garden after many attempts. More fluke than anything else.

Unread 11-07-2021, 01:45 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Quote:
browser Vid

Rep apology issued sir

Always take a ball round the park with me, after about 20 get bored and try bigger kicks and duck it...

Those guys you see in capital cities doing it for money nailed on awful actual players...

Must start playing 11 aside again. vets teams all chilled out or do they still kick off everyganme? Don't miss weak refs and still pisseed nob heads being ten men on hough end every week

Unread 11-07-2021, 02:03 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Rep apology issued sir

Always take a ball round the park with me, after about 20 get bored and try bigger kicks and duck it...

Those guys you see in capital cities doing it for money nailed on awful actual players...

Must start playing 11 aside again. vets teams all chilled out or do they still kick off everyganme? Don't miss weak refs and still pisseed nob heads being ten men on hough green every week
I played vets for a season and found some of the older lads are worse than the youngsters

Most of the young lads i play against these days don't really kick off.

It's totally different now compared to 20 odd years ago. Every week their used to be fights

Unread 11-07-2021, 02:08 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 11-07-2021, 02:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Golf > football these days.....

Unread 11-07-2021, 02:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack duckworth
classic

Unread 11-07-2021, 02:19 PM