United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:45 PM
wee man

Default Re: Your top five footballing "pet hates".

Having to wait for the referee to blow the whistle to take a free kick

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Having to wait for the referee to blow the whistle to take a free kick
You only have to do that if you ask him to back the wall up.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:50 PM
believe

Football in general is my pet hate. Each to their own and everything but the thought of spending my money to go to a game nowadays seems £#%&!ing madness to me.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Football in general is my pet hate. Each to their own and everything but the thought of spending my money to go to a game nowadays seems £#%&!ing madness to me.
But then you do spend your money shoving ant-killer and "vanish" up your hooter so i'm surprised.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:54 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up Re: Your top five footballing "pet hates".

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
celebrity referees
£#%&! i knew i'd missed my worst one - i try not to think about them.

jeff winter and £#%&!ing baldy short arse @#%&! dermot gallagher on sky every 2 seconds

and that 3 card trick @#%&! that used to be on setanta - poll.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:58 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
You only have to do that if you ask him to back the wall up.
I know that - but it's the referees job to ensure that opposition players are 10 yards from the ball. At the moment it's take a very very quick free kick orwait (maybe a full minute) for the ref to sort everything out. The team who have the free kick (due to an offence by the other team) should be able to take it whenever they want. Straight away, wait for the players to be 10 yards back - or while the referee is doing that - it's their free kick ffs. The only thing the team with the free kick could do to "cheat" is move the ball placement - and the linesman can watch this.

Team whose free kick it is should control the situation.

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I know that - but it's the referees job to ensure that opposition players are 10 yards from the ball. At the moment it's take a very very quick free kick orwait (maybe a full minute) for the ref to sort everything out. The team who have the free kick (due to an offence by the other team) should be able to take it whenever they want. Straight away, wait for the players to be 10 yards back - or while the referee is doing that - it's their free kick ffs. The only thing the team with the free kick could do to "cheat" is move the ball placement - and the linesman can watch this.

Team whose free kick it is should control the situation.
Nope. Whistle means everyone is ready with no excuses.

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:06 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Nope. Whistle means everyone is ready with no excuses.
Simple rule - ref awards free kick - take it when you want. Easy. No excuses and speed up the game.

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:06 PM
believe

I once told Teddy Sheringham where he was going wrong during his first few months at United. I don't remember too much about it but I am sure he still regards me as a mate.

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:08 PM
believe

Quote:
I once told Teddy Sheringham where he was going wrong during his first few months at United. I don't remember too much about it but I am sure he still regards me as a mate.
yes this is the right thread #@&%!

Grimson

Quote:
or while the referee is doing that - it's their free kick ffs. The only thing the team with the free kick could do to "cheat" is move the ball placement - and the linesman can watch this.
It's not because they could 'cheat' but because the ref has to watch what happens once the ball is in play, and he can't do that if he's dealing with players in the wall. The ref is also likely to be just another obstacle in the wall. I get what you're saying but I don't think there is a solution that will please you.

MJ Ramone

Quote:

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Charlestown Rouge

1. Citeh
2. Atmosphere at OT
3. Perpetual, relentless spoilt whingers who are "fans" not supporters
4. Debt
5. Ticket prices and the new breed of clueless "fan" it has attracted

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:19 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
where did you see him? my old man always used to bump into him - teddy was always taking his young lad (charlie?) to the megastore when my old man would be collecting tickets etc.

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:19 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's not because they could 'cheat' but because the ref has to watch what happens once the ball is in play, and he can't do that if he's dealing with players in the wall. The ref is also likely to be just another obstacle in the wall. I get what you're saying but I don't think there is a solution that will please you.
But at the moment the offending team is rewarded by being allowed to organise this "wall". Why ? Why do football rules change when the word "wall" is mentioned ? If the ref gets in the way tough - that's the attacking teams choice. And the linesman can see everything. Will certainly need a change of mindset from referrees and defenders. But at the moment the offending team are rewarded by time to organise. Why ?

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:21 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Quote:
That made me laugh out loud, or LOL, as they say these days

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:21 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Quote:

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up Re: Your top five footballing "pet hates".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
1. Citeh
2. Atmosphere at OT
3. Perpetual, relentless spoilt whingers who are "fans" not supporters
4. Debt
5. Ticket prices and the new breed of clueless "fan" it has attracted
In a nutshell.

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
But then you do spend your money shoving ant-killer and "vanish" up your hooter so i'm surprised.
Quote:
Quote:
I rest my £#%&!ing case.

Kids, don't do drugs.

Unread 23-12-2009, 06:32 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

£#%&!s who have never played at any decent level who think they understand it.

Read a book about shoe making once, watched a video, even seen it done live a few times, heard loads of folk talking about it, still know £#%&! all about actually making shoes
Closed Thread