United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They haven't learned much since tbh, their plan yesterday didn't seem to go much beyond kick it to that big lump and have him throw his weight around.
Barry basically said after the game that Herrera in the team surprised them, and as a result they had to play long football

Martinez is a bit wishy-washy with his cultured football.

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

didn't realise Leeds lost yesterday

Rosler will be getting the boot.....the bitter blue %@#$&!

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:50 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Anoeta is shouting 'Moyes go home'. In English. So he understands it. Things look bad
Was he dressed up as he grim reaper

Always thought moyes was ok when he was at eveton, but that was because I knew nothing about him. Everything, absolutely everything, I seen or heard of him at ot made me just hate and hate and hate......... only just getting over it tbh.

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:52 PM
irk

where did this 'school of science' shit come from?

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Was he dressed up as he grim reaper

It's not a person

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:57 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Special needs

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Unread 18-10-2015, 06:59 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

It's not a person
You don't say,

I meant they.

Unread 18-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf I thought back then that he deserved a shot at a bigger club. Just not ours ffs.
Yep. I actually think he'd do ok at Villa, as long as they have no expectations whatsoever beyond finishing in the top half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
That's how I felt about him.

Used to quite like him. Remember the line "look at what Moyes is doing with hardly a budget. Now imagine him with money to spend."

We were conned.
Some people are understandably bored shitless of hearing about it so I'm adding a Moyes Spoiler.

Spoiler:
click to showhide

That's just it, he didn't do much at all really. I mean not anything that should attract the attention of a club like United. Imagine Barca, Real or Juventus going for him ffs

'Mr. Perez, there's this Scottish guy that's finished fifth a couple of times in England. His record against the top clubs is atrocious, he plays dull, negative football relying on physical players, his record of buying attackers is hilariously bad and he's won nothing ever'

'Best give him a ring before Barca get him'

I still find it incredible that Manchester United went for a manager like that. All those years of blood, sweat and tears to become one of the world's top clubs, Ferguson's long-term vision of thinking and acting big, yet they decided to roll it all back and behave like it was 1986 again, on the vague assumption that if you simply wait long enough, a man who's done nothing in the game will inevitably turn into a genius, and anyone who disagrees is just spoilt and impatient.

And they didn't ask him about it, they didn't sit him down and talk it through to make sure he was the right man - they simply gave it to him, whilst he was out shopping in his jeans
click to showhide

Unread 18-10-2015, 07:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf I thought back then that he deserved a shot at a bigger club. Just not ours ffs.

Turns out he's actually not that good at all.
Maybe if he had left his Everton comfort zone earlier, things might have turned out differently........

Nah, probably not.

Unread 18-10-2015, 07:42 PM
denis lawless

things could have been a lot worse....fegrie wanted him as his assistant before he even went to everton .......

Unread 18-10-2015, 08:13 PM
eusker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. I actually think he'd do ok at Villa, as long as they have no expectations whatsoever beyond finishing in the top half.

Some people are understandably bored shitless of hearing about it so I'm adding a Moyes Spoiler.

Spoiler:
click to showhide

That's just it, he didn't do much at all really. I mean not anything that should attract the attention of a club like United. Imagine Barca, Real or Juventus going for him ffs

'Mr. Perez, there's this Scottish guy that's finished fifth a couple of times in England. His record against the top clubs is atrocious, he plays dull, negative football relying on physical players, his record of buying attackers is hilariously bad and he's won nothing ever'

'Best give him a ring before Barca get him'

I still find it incredible that Manchester United went for a manager like that. All those years of blood, sweat and tears to become one of the world's top clubs, Ferguson's long-term vision of thinking and acting big, yet they decided to roll it all back and behave like it was 1986 again, on the vague assumption that if you simply wait long enough, a man who's done nothing in the game will inevitably turn into a genius, and anyone who disagrees is just spoilt and impatient.

And they didn't ask him about it, they didn't sit him down and talk it through to make sure he was the right man - they simply gave it to him, whilst he was out shopping in his jeans
click to showhide
It's hard to imagine Moyes in jeans. Probably buys them from a catalogue with special pockets for a hammer and a tape measure.

Unread 18-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
It's just a meaningless buzz-phrase. It means absolutely nothing in regards to modern football. Everton's approach to football is no more "scientific" than Bournemouth's or Derby County's, it's all £#%&!ing bluster dressed up to appear profound because it's decades old.

Football fans have a way of doing things like this, taking something that happened in a very small, isolated period of time and then blowing it up to appear as if that very tiny period in their history encapsulates the entire ethos or identity of the club, forever. It's absolute %@#$&!s.

Arsenal fans are also good at doing this. They sing a song which they shamelessly stole from us, that goes "49, 49 undefeated, playing football the Arsenal way.."

Really? That's the Arsenal way is it? Then we all must have been imagining all those titles arsenal won in the past playing rigid, defensive football under George Graham. The way Arsenal have played under Arsene Wenger since about 2002, is the arsene wenger way. When another manager comes in, he'll play another way.

Unread 18-10-2015, 08:41 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
things could have been a lot worse....fegrie wanted him as his assistant before he even went to everton .......
may not have been a bad idea; at least he would have known the club and developed a working relationship with the players. he did at least acclimatise to the level everton were at, but in hindsight he didn't have a hope in hell going into a club like united cold. have thought since that understudying fergie for a few years would have been a better route.

Unread 18-10-2015, 08:59 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's just a meaningless buzz-phrase. It means absolutely nothing in regards to modern football. Everton's approach to football is no more "scientific" than Bournemouth's or Derby County's, it's all £#%&!ing bluster dressed up to appear profound because it's decades old.
This. It's likes those West Ham loons talking about The West Ham Way. I'm 29 years old. West Ham have been shite as long as I can remember and they've always sold their best players at a very young age.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:40 PM
andyroo

Watched the last twenty minutes or so of Inter v Juventus. Literally nothing happened.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Watched the last twenty minutes or so of Inter v Juventus. Literally nothing happened.
Pogba was shite.

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Pogba was shite.
Everyone was tbh

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Vedder

https://streamable.com/qma1

Unread 18-10-2015, 09:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Lovely but what were the defenders at those Phil Jagielka videos really paying off
Closed Thread