Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM
celtbion

Default Re: If we could sell a few players in January and spend the cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Out - Nani and Anderson
In - Modric and Joe Cole, or some foreign attacking midfielder that Borsuk has heard of.
If Fergie had bothered to meet Aaron Ramsay at OT, that might have helped also.

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Lok

Quote:
Out - Nani and Anderson
In - Modric and Joe Cole, or some foreign attacking midfielder that Borsuk has heard of.
IF we do sign a creative midfielder, I'd reckon Modric is the most likely. He wasn't a Redknapp signing and Spurs don't need both him and Kranjcar. Reckon £18m would see him to OT.

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
IF we do sign a creative midfielder, I'd reckon Modric is the most likely. He wasn't a Redknapp signing and Spurs don't need both him and Kranjcar. Reckon £18m would see him to OT.
I also reckon Redknapp would be up for taking Nani as part of the deal, so we might get him for 7 or 8 plus Nani. Who knows.

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
razzle

Quote:
I also reckon Redknapp would be up for taking Nani as part of the deal, so we might get him for 7 or 8 plus Nani. Who knows.
I expect to see this in the Mirror tomorrow!

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Agree with that. thought the same £#%&!ing thing every time I've seen him play for Arsenal

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Lok

Quote:
Not sure about that. He's no better than Lennon and I don't think twitchy is the type to play 2 out and out wingers.

Spurs only really need a centre back and they've got a very strong team. Can't see them wanting any of our cast-offs.

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not sure about that. He's no better than Lennon and I don't think twitchy is the type to play 2 out and out wingers.

Spurs only really need a centre back and they've got a very strong team. Can't see them wanting any of our cast-offs.
Redknapp likes a challenge and as much as I don't rate him as a long term manager, one of his best assets is getting under perofrming players on the cheap and restoring them to their full potential. If I was Fergie i'd be going down the player plus cash route but who knows. Not getting my hopes up for any signings

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Lok

Quote:
Redknapp likes a challenge and as much as I don't rate him as a long term manager, one of his best assets is getting under perofrming players on the cheap and restoring them to their full potential. If I was Fergie i'd be going down the player plus cash route but who knows. Not getting my hopes up for any signings
We'll sign someone. But it'll be someone we've never heard of for an undisclosed fee with the player being loaned back to his club for the foreseeable future

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We'll sign someone. But it'll be someone we've never heard of for an undisclosed fee with the player being loaned back to his club for the foreseeable future
I sense that this mystery player will have spells at Rotherham, Gillingham and Colchester before retiring at 35.

Unread 04-01-2010, 02:49 PM
dunk

We won't sign anyone in this transfer window.

Diouf has arrived and that will be it. I think we have somewhere in the region of 35 1st team squad players. Fergie has been bemoaning the fact that he can't get them games in the last few weeks, he's hardly going to add anymore. It's probably one of the reasons Ljajic didn't arrive.

I expect 2 or 3 to go out, whether permanently or on loan though, I imagine he is also planning for the return of the likes of Cathcart and Cleverley as well.

The squad is full, none will want to leave, and I doubt there will be that much interest atm. Get used to the players we have.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
It was Neville who met him, I thought it was quite funny when I saw it.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:07 PM
rebelcountyred

No players in, players out, who is going to buy gibson, nani, anderson with the wages they would demand? reckon after wednesday things may be a bit clearer regarding some of the younger members of the squad though, depending on results/displays there could be few going out on loan.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
MJ Ramone

I can think of a few that I'd like to see shown the door.

...but I don't have any answers about possible replacements.
It's one of my pet hates when people keep going on about an overseas player that they know very little about as a person or a 'footballer' ...they've perhaps seen on telly a couple of times....& yet they're absolutely convinced he's the answer to all our problems. "Oh, if only we had 'so&so' from Athletico Madrid/Fiorentina (or whoever) ..all our problems would be solved. They'd fit right in & score a hat-trick in every game"

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Dr Gonzo

Nani is probably the only player whose reputation improved after yesterday's game.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Nani is probably the only player whose reputation improved after yesterday's game.
And Park!

When you find yourself saying "why are these 2 playing on the wings? ..Where the £#%&! are Nani & Park?" you know you're scraping the barrel of shit.

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
red in cumbria

Park at least has a good attitude, one that some of our "young stars" would do well to take note of

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Dr Gonzo

Park was being 'rested' for Wednesday's game.

YHIHF

Unread 04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
MJ Ramone

I actually like Park because he gives his best. Sometimes that's good enough (he has had some great games for us & scored goals against Arsenal, Chelsea etc..) other times he comes up short, but you can never question his honesty or application.

The same can't be said about a fair few of our other recent signings.
Closed Thread