Unread 01-05-2019, 07:47 PM
Bunker Buster

I hear you keith. I respect you

#redhandsacrossthetable

Unread 01-05-2019, 07:50 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
How come Facebook beeps every 5 minutes saying you've gone live then?
That’s not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I renewed. I renewed yesterday as well. I would have been more inclined to not renew if they didnt form their own club. I was hoping that those who formed it would have stayed as a collective group and burnt down old trafford

I read the book and it was an interesting read. I dont remember Zorg or Bunks getting mentioned in it. What were they mentioned for?
Just thought it was ridiculous fans lining up banners flags the lot then season ticket renewal boom. Some did that for own good absolute jokers FairPlay you hate the glazers but then
You have to have principles and stick to them no matter how hard it is. Like those at must. Don’t do this and that hate glazers blah blah Have you renewed well yes. Well £#%&! off

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I hear you keith. I respect you

#redhandsacrossthetable
He's a top red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
That’s not me

Just thought it was ridiculous fans lining up banners flags the lot then season ticket renewal boom. Some did that for own good absolute jokers FairPlay you hate the glazers but then
You have to have principles and stick to them no matter how hard it is. Like those at must. Don’t do this and that hate glazers blah blah Have you renewed well yes. Well £#%&! off
But what's your argument, that if you protest against the Glazers you shouldn't be allowed to renew? Keith is saying the opposite, protest but don't quit. There was no right answer then or now because either way the fight was lost in May '05 and there was and is no way back for the fans to win this war. The divisions between fans in the aftermath was tough to take.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:16 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
He's a top red

But what's your argument, that if you protest against the Glazers you shouldn't be allowed to renew? Keith is saying the opposite, protest but don't quit. There was no right answer then or now because either way the fight was lost in May '05 and there was and is no way back for the fans to win this war. The divisions between fans in the aftermath was tough to take.
Keith attended an FC match and said 'this is the future' quote incoming from Pure

It's a difficult one - I protested against the Glazers because I thought they would be damaging for the club. And of course, they are. I also flirted with FC (see above). But were the Glazers so damaging to make me stop supporting/enjoying the club I've supported all my life and support another one? No, not for me but each to their own.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:18 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
But The whole thing changed me in 2005 - have never liked the club as much since and I think setting up of FC contributed to that because we lost a lot of decent fans and gained some ugly parasites when it all happened.
Think this pretty much every time step foot inside the ground now

Have great memories of the protests. The flash mobs around town inc JP Morgan offices etc were great. Ac Milan protest felt like we could do it. Parking up at the cup final in a mini bus all wearing black to see hundreds of Derek's in full jester hat mode sank in that we'd had no chance all along. Iirc jem posted every day the only way to stop it would be a mass boycott of a televised game. Uk fans are cult cashcow mongs tbs

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Jem was 100% on this....always has been.

That cup final at Cardiff remember the arse Al fans with yank flags and glazer masks......so £#%&!ing angry that day.

Game didn't help.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:46 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Was an inspiration behind the ‘not one penny’ campaign iirc - personally sacrificing his one match every two seasons attendance for the greater good

joke

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:47 PM
sa7

Quote:

That cup final at Cardiff remember the arse Al fans with yank flags and glazer masks......so £#%&!ing angry that day.

Game didn't help.

cockney @#%&!s doing the baseball music whenever there was a goal kick.

Admittedly the only noise I heard from their shite fans all day.

Walking away from the ground I don’t think I’ve ever seen as much seething from our lot in the direct aftermath of a United game.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:49 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Walking away from the ground I don’t think I’ve ever seen as much seething from our lot in the direct aftermath of a United game.
Was fuming- absolutely robbed. Can’t remember it kicking off or anything though.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:52 PM
sa7

Quote:
Was fuming- absolutely robbed. Can’t remember it kicking off or anything though.
Pissed it down didn’t it? Guess it dampened the mood from rage to demoralised fume.

One of those where, had it been in the mid 20 degrees C, a lot of those who had been on the beer would’ve gone pop.

Unread 01-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Was hammering down......

Slept in the players changing rooms, got in at 3am.

Brother was caught by others through one eye kip dipping pockets....

Bad bad times..

Unread 01-05-2019, 09:03 PM
puressence

Quote:
He's a top red

If you believe in something you then don’t spend your money on the problem
What’s the point of joining in protests. Like the green and gold brigade £#%&!ing embarrassing the glazers give no £#%&!s there’s bigger protests at Greggs cos they introduced a vegan roll

Quote:
Keith attended an FC match and said 'this is the future' quote incoming from Pure

It's a difficult one - I protested against the Glazers because I thought they would be damaging for the club. And of course, they are. I also flirted with FC (see above). But were the Glazers so damaging to make me stop supporting/enjoying the club I've supported all my life and support another one? No, not for me but each to their own.
We’ve moved on 🤣 but you did say it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

The was more mither at the 1988 mercantile credit cup final at villa park. Fact

Unread 01-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Pure was FC'S first game, fact.

Leigh RMI A

Unread 01-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
If you believe in something you then don’t spend your money on the problem
What’s the point of joining in protests. Like the green and gold brigade £#%&!ing embarrassing the glazers give no £#%&!s there’s bigger protests at Greggs cos they introduced a vegan roll
So you're not allowed to protest things unless you're willing to give them up? Does that apply to utilities? trains? How about if you turn up at Carrington trying to get the manager sacked, should you be allowed to continue going to OT?

Unread 01-05-2019, 09:52 PM
jem

the greggs vegan sausage roll is delicious.

Unread 01-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
So you're not allowed to protest things unless you're willing to give them up? Does that apply to utilities? trains? How about if you turn up at Carrington trying to get the manager sacked, should you be allowed to continue going to OT?
:Whistles:

Unread 01-05-2019, 10:27 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Do you have something to tell us??
we were sworn to secrecy mate...

Unread 01-05-2019, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the greggs vegan sausage roll is delicious.
Actually, its not bad at all.

Unread 01-05-2019, 11:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
How about if you turn up at Carrington trying to get the manager sacked, should you be allowed to continue going to OT?
I’d say it depends on the quality of the linens.
Closed Thread