United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Some may consider Mark’s invocation of the Busby Babes and Edwards in particular as a rather crass and distasteful attempt to recapture some goodwill on the forum, after his failure to get marlo, pure etc onto his show.
bingo.

also, if you want to really open discussion about a topic, why not just start a thread? instead of a one-way video recording of you talking by yourself?

He really does not get this.

S/Side.Red

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Gianna's brother Gianni made it, too.

Edit: you bastard.

HotChip

Not made it onto any of the fifa games 'classic' teams. Case closed.

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
bingo.

also, if you want to really open discussion about a topic, why not just start a thread? instead of a one-way video recording of you talking by yourself?

He really does not get this.
Starting a thread on here isn't going to push the Soccer Box [SIZE="1"](c) franchise forward, pal.

He needs YouTube hits. Which is why he he should not embed the video in the OP

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Perish the thought. I am rather taken with Forza's suggestion of a live seance whereby MarkG attempts to communicate with dead United legends.

Imagine the scenes if Big Dunc actually did make contact!
Ashtonred has steamed in and side swiped Mark for NCOTY with his generous sponsorship of the"Top 10" competition. Even though he's approached the whole project in the style of a deranged war criminal with acute halitosis - he's brain stormed, innovated, thought outside the box and indeed pushed the envelope.

Mark needs something like a huge Derek Acorah "speak to a dead United legend special" to pull this out of the fire. So to speak.

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:33 PM
forzagarza

Would be worth it for the outrage of all the internet warriors who take offence. Elvis is fine but not the Busby Babes

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
I'm sure there are some who would think it was insensitive but have you considered trying to interview him through a medium? I think interviewing dead players might give you the break you're looking for

Have to say that rougers continuous decimation of mg is pushing him high up the foty charts...

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Have to say that rougers continuous decimation of mg is pushing him high up the foty charts...
His superb saging of the Moyes sacking should be enough to secure a top 15 spot, but it's just a shame he has a life which means he doesn't post as frequently as others.

If he had Believe-levels of turbo-posting dedication to the forum, just think what he'd achieve!

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:45 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
His superb saging of the Moyes sacking should be enough to secure a top 15 spot, but it's just a shame he has a life which means he doesn't post as frequently as others.

If he had Believe-levels of turbo-posting dedication to the forum, just think what he'd achieve!
Still some lingering resentment of the big man’s gates tbf. Can see that hindering a top three finish.

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

kept me sane (ish) during those dark days, couple of decent book recommendations and his gategate deffo top 15 for me.

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:04 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

Mark needs something like a huge Derek Acorah "speak to a dead United legend special" to pull this out of the fire. So to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Would be worth it for the outrage of all the internet warriors who take offence. Elvis is fine but not the Busby Babes
I, for one, would love to hear some 'beyond the grave bantz' between Eddie Coleman and Frank Swift. Let's face it anyone who wouldn't cannot consider themselves a true Red

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Look at how Hughes is being talked about in Australia? An average first class cricketer, certainly by Australia's standards. Death makes us think differently and lament what could have been.

All I am saying is I don't believe it is s given that Edwards would have gone on to be the best etc. he obviously had the foundations set, and by all accounts a thoroughly decent guy.

I will admit I am ignorant of a lot of the history of him and will look into it.

But I do believe one has to be aware of how death affects reputation.

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:43 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He needs YouTube hits. Which is why he he should not embed the video in the OP
He isn't though is he?

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He isn't though is he?
Yes, he is.

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:48 PM
thatsfuctit

Get Ghostman on it, top track record with dead celebs

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:52 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes, he is.
Nah.

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Nah.
Proof. Case closed.

Unread 05-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Bunker Buster

6th of November

Unread 05-12-2014, 02:59 PM
ziggyman17

All about opinions.. Edwards, Best, Law, Charlton etc... We easily have the greatest collection of players to play in the English league ever.. For what it's worth Best is my favourite ever player, along with Robbo who carried the vlub on his back for more than a decade, there was a time that if Robbo waas injuried then we were £#%&!ed. A real life Roy of the Rovers..

Unread 05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
ashtonred

Can´t remember the opposition, but 3 or 4 seasons ago at OT, Jones went on a bustling run from the half way line to the edge of the opponents box.

Lunging tackles, stop him at all costs defending, but Jones left them all for dead. Breathtaking stuff. Went someway (imo) towards Sir Bobby stating that he could be the second Duncan Edwards.

Duncan Edwards made runs like that on a regular basis. No-one could stop him. He was built like a brick shit house and had legs like tree trunks but he was a graceful player too.

The world of football acknowledged Duncan as one of the greats way before the tragedy at Munich.
Closed Thread