Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Excellent piece of doom, that!

They will most likely try their hardest

But it won't be enough.

Did you know?

March/April 92: Leeds 0 West Ham 0
May 95: West Ham 2 Blackburn 0
You can try & cheer me up all you want with your positive ramblings...

...but:

Must Win Game + No margin for error + Recent League Form + post-Barcelona hangover/tiredness + giddy, obsessed opponents + one fit striker
= MJ Ramone with no finger nails to speak of.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I'll bet the team resembles something like this:

vds

O'Shea
Brown
Rio
Paddy

Fletch
Anderson
Carrick/GoCougar

Ronaldo/Nani
Tevez
Giggs

Que me shitting myself tomorrow morning.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Que me shitting myself tomorrow morning.
cuury night tonight?

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
You can try & cheer me up all you want with your positive ramblings...

...but:

Must Win Game + No margin for error + Recent League Form + post-Barcelona hangover/tiredness + giddy, obsessed opponents + one fit striker
= MJ Ramone with no finger nails to speak of.

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
poppy

Quote:
Can't see Rooney making it from what I understand

£#%&!ing one striker to choose from in a must-win home game

Tevez ran his balls off on TUesday, but he can't be rested...it'd be £#%&!ing madness.
Ronaldo can't play up front I don't care what anybody says..certainly not on his own.
We're gonna play 4-5-1 AT HOME in a must win game against a mid-table side.
Pain in the £#%&!ing arse. (Saha wants shooting)

KUSZAZCK

EVRA
RIO
VIDIC
WES

ANDERSON
CARRICK
HARGREAVES

GIGGS
TEVEZ
RONALDO

...would be my guess.
Interestingly, non stop Tevez, the human dynamo, covered 6.8 miles against Barce. Carrick, often accused of having a stamina problem and of being a bit of a stroller, covered 7.2, slightly behind Park at 7.4.

I'll give Scholes a rest and go with:

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Carrick
Anderson
Nani
Rooney
Tevez

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Interestingly, non stop Tevez, the human dynamo, covered 6.8 miles against Barce. Carrick, often accused of having a stamina problem and of being a bit of a stroller, covered 7.2, slightly behind Park at 7.4.

I'll give Scholes a rest and go with:

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Carrick
Anderson
Nani
Rooney
Tevez
[SIZE="7"]VIDIC IS OUT

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
[SIZE="7"]VIDIC IS OUT
[SIZE="1"]incorrect

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
[SIZE="1"]incorrect
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/7368652.stm

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
May 95: West Ham 2 Blackburn 0
I was there that day. I lived, with two other reds, quite close to the Boelyn at the time and we had a great afternoon.

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:45 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yeah I saw that. With the way his luck has been going, it might be a good thing he if is out, but a little birdie has told me he will play.

If not, bring Wes across and slot JOS in at right back. Hargo plays no more than 45 minutes before the final. We'll need him in midfield full of beans against Chelsea.

Unread 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Re Rooney:

"But we've got a major final to think about and we're not going to rush him."

Now call me old fashioned, but I still consider the league the priority. It's the clubs bread and butter after all. I accept Rooney may not be fit to play tomorrow, that's fine, but that quote worries me. We may only have to play an injury ravaged West Ham (at home) and Wigan (who should be safe) but I'd like to think he'll be interested in getting the league title done and dusted rather than worrying about a CL Final in three weeks.

Tinkering ahoy....

I appreciate he can't ignore the final at all but there's no margin for error in the league. £#%&! about and Utd could end up with nothing at all.
To be fair, we seemingly rushed him back for the Barca/Chelsea games when he clearly wasn't yet over the hip injury suffered at Blackburn. If we did put him in tomorrow or at Wigan and he broke down again and missed the final I think we'd all ask questions about the medical staff for misjudging the extent of the problem a second time.

If he's fit, of course he'll play. But if he's not 100% and there's a slight risk of aggravating the injury further then I'd avoid using him. I suspect we'll see him start on the bench, perhaps even in both games, in hope of not having to use him at all.

Unread 02-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Tiberian

Would like to see Ronaldo back in his normal role. He has performed reasonably as the target man but it makes him easier to pick up and Utd lose the ball carrying counter attacking threat from deeper areas.

May be 4-4-2 against West Ham, Scholes should be fine to play, came off with 15 mins to go against Barca, did not play against Chelsea so should be fine.

If Vidic is still out we may see the same back 4 then,

Ronaldo
Scholes
Carrick
Nani

Giggs

Tevez

With Giggs, Ronaldo and Nani all interchanging.

All Giggs's best games this season have come at home, and there should be enough attacking talent from midfield forward to win the game.

Unread 02-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Mark Corrigan

Looks like Rooney trained on his own and no signs of Vidic training at all

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...&src=quic k#1

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
cuury night tonight?
Nope. Laxatives and Meusli night.

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:08 PM
magic_cantona

I won't see the game tomorrow.

With the past few weeks distress and elations, it might be for the best.

I just want to flick the telly on and see : Man United 4 - West Ham 0.

I can't take much more.

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Coracao

....................Vds

Hargreaves....Brown..Rio....Evra

Nani.....Carrick....Anderson....Giggs

...........Ronaldo.....Tevez

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Would like to see Ronaldo back in his normal role
Yep.
After flogging Rooney to death as a 'target man' it now seems it's Ronaldo's turn to suffer in this most thankless of roles.
Ronaldo & Rooney should always be played in their best positions, but I guess it's been 'needs must' what with Saha having his annual 10 month lay-off.

Rooney worries me to be honest ....I'm desperate for him to play either tomorrow or next Sunday, but I'll always be watching for him clutching at that hip bone.
He was obviously in agony in the Nou Camp & Stamford Bridge. £#%&! knows how long it'll take to heal properly.

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Yep.
After flogging Rooney to death as a 'target man' it now seems it's Ronaldo's turn to suffer in this most thankless of roles.
Ronaldo & Rooney should always be played in their best positions, but I guess it's been 'needs must' what with Saha having his annual 10 month lay-off.

Rooney worries me to be honest ....I'm desperate for him to play either tomorrow or next Sunday, but I'll always be watching for him clutching at that hip bone.
He was obviously in agony in the Nou Camp & Stamford Bridge. £#%&! knows how long it'll take to heal properly.
Does anyone talk to you on a night out?

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Does anyone talk to you on a night out?
ii can imagine him talking and then putting on different accents at different times and stuff while trying to emphasis a point.

just like his fruity posts which has all sorts of things in them. different font sizes, italic writing etc

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:31 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Yep.

ffs

you are not all there mate. seriously.
Closed Thread