United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Does Marcus Rashford remind you of Andy Cole?
Yes - he is quite clearly very reminiscent of Andy Cole 3 4.84%
Lol no 59 95.16%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2022, 02:37 PM
Pop

Would take Big Andy's left toe over Rashford any day of the week.

Unread 29-10-2022, 02:47 PM
Joe Biden

Yes I can see the similarities between a player who scored 186 goals from open play in the PL, scored title winning goals, the winner in the CL semi vs Juventus, won every trophy going, multiple league titles, was one of the most committed players I've ever seen in a red shirt.....

And a bloke who's spend the last two seasons strolling round the pitch not giving a £#%&!.

A serial winner vs a serial loser.

Unread 29-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Ethers

Weird that trippers still hasn’t voted tbf

Unread 29-10-2022, 08:35 PM
westcoastvan

The speed and pace of the game has changed so much since the 90's it's like comparing apples to oranges, but....

No.

Andy Cole would have buried those chances Rashford had against Chelsea, he's not a number 9.

In some ways Rashford reminds me of Ryan Giggs on how they both had that break neck speed down the wing, eh...but no on that one to.

Unread 29-10-2022, 09:53 PM
Joe Biden

He reminds me of cantona

Unread 29-10-2022, 10:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He reminds me of cantona
Who does?

Unread 30-10-2022, 12:48 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I meant it in the effect he'd have on the team, when Cole was hot everyone was and I think its the same with Rashers. He hasn't come into his own yet, but I think he will, there's a world class footballer in there and he's a Manc and a lifelong red, so everyone can GTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not looking good for trippers.
Not looking good for you, I was sat next to Andy Cole's Dad at Forest when he was going through his bad period when he first joined, he missed maybe seven chances and his dad was nearly crying and I told him This boy is gonna come good.

You ever been to a united match?

Unread 30-10-2022, 12:55 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Not looking good for you, I was sat next to Andy Cole's Dad at Forest when he was going through his bad period when he first joined, he missed maybe seven chances and his dad was nearly crying and I told him This boy is gonna come good.
“And then everyone clapped”

Unread 30-10-2022, 12:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Not looking good for you pal.

Unread 30-10-2022, 01:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Unread 30-10-2022, 01:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I meant it in the effect he'd have on the team, when Cole was hot everyone was and I think its the same with Rashers. He hasn't come into his own yet, but I think he will, there's a world class footballer in there and he's a Manc and a lifelong red, so everyone can GTF.

That is interesting as we never played Forest in 1994/95 again after he joined...

At least fact check before telling a whopper.

Unread 30-10-2022, 02:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

His first season at united was painful. Looked dreadful and many had given up on him towards the end of that year. He then turned it round to his absolute credit.

Hopefully that where the similarities with Rashford are - difference for me is that Cole never gave up - chasing lost causes even when it wasn’t working. Rashford just gives up if it’s not going for him. Think Rashers needs a shrink rather than any other training.

Why the pile-on on trippers btw?

Unread 30-10-2022, 03:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
His first season at united was painful. Looked dreadful and many had given up on him towards the end of that year. He then turned it round to his absolute credit.

Hopefully that where the similarities with Rashford are - difference for me is that Cole never gave up - chasing lost causes even when it wasn’t working. Rashford just gives up if it’s not going for him. Think Rashers needs a shrink rather than any other training.

Why the pile-on on trippers btw?

Unread 30-10-2022, 03:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I like trippers but thought the Andy Cole comparison was a bad one.

Unread 30-10-2022, 04:48 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
That is interesting as we never played Forest in 1994/95 again after he joined...

At least fact check before telling a whopper.
You are an idiot, I was at the game. I don't need to fact check anything, ever been to a game?

Quote:
I like trippers but thought the Andy Cole comparison was a bad one.
I can take a rejected argument off anyone who went to games. Rashers will be a great footballer, maybe not as good as Cole, but few are or will be.

Unread 30-10-2022, 04:58 PM
Neo

Quote:
Like something out of the Rubbernecker playbook.

Just needed to tell us that Dani Behr was sat on your other side and binned Giggsy off for a night on the town with you.

Unread 30-10-2022, 05:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
You are an idiot, I was at the game. I don't need to fact check anything, ever been to a game?

I can take a rejected argument off anyone who went to games. Rashers will be a great footballer, maybe not as good as Cole, but few are or will be.
Loads, thanks. A shit load that season funnily enough...

I'll say it again. He didn't play against Forest after signing for us in 1994/95. Especially at OT as they beat us that year with Collymore scoring a worldie.

I suggest you look at the fixtures...

Unread 30-10-2022, 05:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

I’m pretty sure I’ve said on here several times I’ve been to plenty of games. HOWEVER, unsure how that has any relevance to this particular argument. If I hadn’t would it make me incapable of having opinions on footballers? Or making judgements etc.

Unread 30-10-2022, 06:15 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

When he gets that ball he's bound to score Marcus Marcus Rashford. No more discussion with OFTs

Unread 30-10-2022, 06:16 PM
Patty_b

If he performs like that in the second half then we may need to try and stop the steal.
Closed Thread