FA cup 40 49.38%
Europa 41 50.62%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2022, 12:34 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Chelsea probably the worst side out of that lot.

Potter is a decent manager. Think he'll easily get them top 4

Arsenal gonna Arsenal and Liverpool's salbutamol supplies are apparently running low

Unread 27-10-2022, 12:35 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Irrelevant to the poll question asked ...

Yhbr

Wonder what percentage read all posts before reply. Should be site rule imo

Unread 27-10-2022, 12:42 PM
believe

I thought we hated both these competitions now? Always the FA cup for me but I’d be more than happy to win the Europa. Doesn’t really answer the poll question.

Unread 27-10-2022, 12:52 PM
Chris Quayd

I’ve come to hate everything about the Europa yet the FA Cup has been devalued so much that the EL has more prestige. Seeing third division teams put out their reserves in the cup chips away at what’s left of my soul.

Unread 27-10-2022, 12:56 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Winning the FA cup and finishing outside top 4 would be pointless.

But given the standard of teams that are winning the europa, it's equally shit. Villareal and Frankfurt ffs.

Changing my mind all the time.
Yeah but Wigan.

Unread 27-10-2022, 01:21 PM
Coracao

Bunks gonna have to start logging into some of his alts to save this poll.

Unread 27-10-2022, 01:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Bunks gonna have to start logging into some of his alts to save this poll.

Who do you think treb is....

Good poll imo, one of the greats....

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:24 PM
NedKelly

FA Cup because I hate the Europa. I watch the games regardless but it’s akin to supporting a relative in court. Only there out of a sense of duty.

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
FA Cup because I hate the Europa. I watch the games regardless but it’s akin to supporting a relative in court. Only there out of a sense of duty.
Stolen 👍

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:32 PM
Baron

Quote:
£#%&! sake

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:34 PM
Fat Al

I used to love FA Cup Final day. The whole days TV was given over to the Cup Final. Even if it was United in the final, I'd watch it. And winning it got you into a proper European comp, not the UEFA 'Ooohhh, you nearly won the league' Cup.

And even when Liverpool were hoovering up league titles & European Cups, United were always good for a Cup run.

6 finals in 14 years when we were shit. The FA Cup was good for us.

So it has to be the FA Cup for me for me Geoff.
But a proper cup run to win it. Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea then City in the SF & smash the vermin in the final.

[SIZE="1"](I'll take a route of lower league & PL relegation fodder in a £#%&!ing heartbeat).

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:43 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
l. Even if it was United in the final, I'd watch it
I’d give it a go if there was nothing else on

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:44 PM
Finport Red

Come fourth in the league, because that’s the sum total of your ambition, having not bothered trying in the fa cup or league cup in order to scrape through.

Come third in your champions league group because you weren’t good enough to be there in the first place, you’ve embarrassed yourselves against Turkey, Ukraine and Norway’s finest.

Qualify (ahem) for the last stages of the Europa cup, or whatever er it’s called these days, as reward for your continual failure

Compete against teams who are only there because they weren’t as good as you last season, and who’ve managed to stay in the competition over winter despite not really trying or putting out their first team.

Reach the final without anyone other than your own fans and Adrian Durham knowing about it

Lose to Seville, or whoever finished fifth in Spain that year.

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Come fourth in the league, because that’s the sum total of your ambition, having not bothered trying in the fa cup or league cup in order to scrape through.

Come third in your champions league group because you weren’t good enough to be there in the first place, you’ve embarrassed yourselves against Turkey, Ukraine and Norway’s finest.

Qualify (ahem) for the last stages of the Europa cup, or whatever er it’s called these days, as reward for your continual failure

Compete against teams who are only there because they weren’t as good as you last season, and who’ve managed to stay in the competition over winter despite not really trying or putting out their first team.

Reach the final without anyone other than your own fans and Adrian Durham knowing about it

Lose to Seville, or whoever finished fifth in Spain that year.
Ole was terrible wasn't he.

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:51 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Europa purely because you win a cl place.
Awful from you that. I'm shocked.

Rather win a place in a cup than win a cup?

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Awful from you that. I'm shocked.

Rather win a place in a cup than win a cup?
Pretty sure it’s called the Europa Cup

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:54 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Ole was terrible wasn't he.
Yup.

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:55 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Pretty sure it’s called the Europa Cup
What is?

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
perfect

Unread 27-10-2022, 05:57 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
What is?
The “cup” you win for winning the Europa League

Edit: nice delete
Closed Thread