Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2014, 07:47 AM
puressence

40 mill plus varane on

Unread 02-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Aye, the fans are still benefitting from the 80 million the club got for Ronaldo.
True but that's a different argument about the gimps who have half learned their lesson and loosening the purse strings(because they know that's the only way to keep the big sponsorship deals)

Unread 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Well, at least one person will be happy when he leaves.
This was one of my main points of the argument from the start….that instead of buying an established, experienced top keeper at or around his peak, we were buying a rookie keeper from overseas and that he was going to be learning his trade here , making his mistakes here and then when he was approaching his peak, he’d £#%&! off to Madrid or Barca…I was saying it was the wrong policy for the club

And hey presto…..that’s how it seems to be panning out.

Beyond that, I found the £#%&!fest on here every time he saved something to be a bit nauseating.

i'll only be happy if we get an established, experienced top keeper at or around his peak ...the position is too important to £#%&! about with, where mistakes are magnified...you of all people should know that.

He might still stay….. but hey, it’s a lot easier just to jump on a second hand, piss taking bandwagon

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
This was one of my main points of the argument from the start….that instead of buying an established, experienced top keeper at or around his peak, we were buying a rookie keeper from overseas and that he was going to be learning his trade here , making his mistakes here and then when he was approaching his peak, he’d £#%&! off to Madrid or Barca…I was saying it was the wrong policy for the club

Beyond that, I found the circle jerk on here every time he saved something to be a bit nauseating.

i'll only be happy if we get an established, experienced top keeper at or around his peak ...the position is too important to £#%&! about with, where mistakes are magnified...you of all people should know that.

He might still stay….. but hey, it’s a lot easier just to jump on a second hand, piss taking bandwagon
2nd.
Won the league with him.
Moyesed.
Currently saving our season.

Disaster.

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Tbf many of us were saying the same thing and if he does leave in the next few years it will be galling, and I think he will tbh

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
2nd.
Won the league with him.
Moyesed.

Disaster.
Exactly ffs

player of the season last year, won the league before.

Every goalkeeper makes the odd mistake, but by and large he's been superb since he arrived

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:42 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
2nd. bambi on ice
Won the league with him. improved
Moyesed. went down hill

Disaster.
yes you are ...i agree

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Beyond that, I found the £#%&!fest on here every time he saved something to be a bit nauseating.

I think the point is that those keepers were and are so few and far between that the club seemingly thought £#%&! it, let's get this kid with the raw ability instead and develop him. Top-class keepers are like rocking horse shit, and all the best ones were tied down firmly at their respective clubs.

I'm no keeper expert, but it's always seemed to me with De Gea that he has innate ability you can't learn, plus by all accounts an unflappable confidence, whilst the things he lacks - like physique, dominance and so on - can be sorted out in the gym or on the training ground.

It's all very well saying not to '£#%&! about with' the keeper position, but there's a always a big risk in it. Imo the club should have been praised for looking long-term instead of getting another £#%&!ing Andy Gorams.

And let's not pretend you've never slagged off his actual ability either.

Now he's proving himself as one of the best keepers around, and the ones who never rated him (mostly ABU morons) look increasingly stupid by the day.

So he might leave, well so might anyone. If Frogson had bought Neuer a few years ago, we'd probably be sat here talking about him being chased by Madrid/Bayern/Barca etc.

Unread 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
And let's not pretend you've never slagged off his actual ability either.
didnt i fully explain my POV in a PM to you some time ago ? ...one of the few people i bothered to do that to ?

Unread 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Lawless calling out Watchers.

Unread 02-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

His replacement played right back on saturday.
And the other half bought a 'horsey' Range Rover....

Unread 02-12-2014, 12:44 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Lawless calling out Watchers.
what are you blabbering on about

Unread 02-12-2014, 02:35 PM
S/Side.Red

It'd be a bit soft for Manchester United to opt against buying a world-class talent because they might lose him one day

Unread 02-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It'd be a bit soft for Manchester United to opt against buying a world-class talent because they might lose him one day
Should never have signed Ronaldo. Hate seeing this thread bumped, makes me think he's actually signed a new contract.

Unread 02-12-2014, 02:41 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

And to say that his argument was that he was always going to £#%&! off to one of the best teams in the world

Why would 'beaker' be good enough for Madrid or barca

Unread 02-12-2014, 02:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Should never have signed Ronaldo. Hate seeing this thread bumped, makes me think he's actually signed a new contract.
Indeed.

And goalkeepers for some reason don't tend to get itchy feet as much. Generally once settled they stick around. When was the last time a top class goalkeeper forced his way out of a major club, let alone a club of United's stature?

Unread 02-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Rhodzy

He's a former Atleti player and fan, I'm sure he'll take into consideration the amount of shit he'd get if he did go there. Always thought he was nailed on for Barca, obviously they're sorted now.

Unread 02-12-2014, 02:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed.

And goalkeepers for some reason don't tend to get itchy feet as much. Generally once settled they stick around. When was the last time a top class goalkeeper forced his way out of a major club, let alone a club of United's stature?
So much about goalkeeping is in the head so it's always dangerous moving to a new club with new team mates
You would think De Gea would settle in fine after a while at Madrid or Barca but there is no guarantee. Look at what happened to Big Edwin at Juve

The one fly in the ointment might be his Spanish pop star girlfriend

Unread 02-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The one fly in the ointment might be his Spanish pop star girlfriend
We need to get a Gemma Atkinson-type bunny boiler on the case ASAP.

Gemma did her best with Ronnie, but ultimately her attempts proved futile.

Maybe a Michelle Keegan or a Brooke Vincent might have a bit more success.

Unread 02-12-2014, 03:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
We need to get a Gemma Atkinson-type bunny boiler on the case ASAP.

Gemma did her best with Ronnie, but ultimately her attempts proved futile.

Maybe a Michelle Keegan or a Brooke Vincent might have a bit more success.
Or maybe a southern bird who would move up. A touch more class etc. Stacey from Eastenders or someone
Closed Thread