United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Impressive players so far this season (non-United).And an apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
There's no way in the world Arsenal & Wenger would turn down a solid £40m profit on one player.

Whether he'd of wanted to come here, who knows. I suspect he would have had the price been right & Arsenal accepted a bid, Barcelona don't have £40m left to spend on him at the moment imo & he wouldn't go to Madrid.

He could have had 5 years here & still gone to Spain a la Alonso.
There is no £#%&!ing way that Arsenal would sell him to us, no matter the price and as soon it was known he was available he'd be off to Spain so it really is a cows opinion.

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Quite.

He'd leave, but would never be allowed to come to us and would most likely prefer a move to Barca or Real anyway.

Nice thought, but we're dreaming and should focus on actual do-able signings and the players who are here.

Same goes for Torres this summer if Liverpool don't finish 4th (which they will do comfortably btw).
He'll come when Wenger does

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
There is no £#%&!ing way that Arsenal would sell him to us, no matter the price and as soon it was known he was available he'd be off to Spain so it really is a cows opinion.
They sold Adebayor & Toure to City because the money was right, they simply aren't in a fiscal situation where they can afford to turn it down.

They aren't challenging for the league, their board has a realistic expectation of their performance, Wenger just bleats on about challenging & having faith in his kids but the money men know that top 4 & getting past the Group Stage of the CL is all that counts, getting £40m for one player that cost nothing would be far, far to much for them to reject.

I can understand the Spain thing, but Barca can't afford to spend & Madrid have no space, added to his Barca allegiance.

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Cant be arsed reading the thread but Fabregas. He has been outstanding.

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:40 PM
MUFC One Love

Fabregas would join United if Arsenal accepted a bid from us.

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
They sold Adebayor & Toure to City because the money was right, they simply aren't in a fiscal situation where they can afford to turn it down.

They aren't challenging for the league, their board has a realistic expectation of their performance, Wenger just bleats on about challenging & having faith in his kids but the money men know that top 4 & getting past the Group Stage of the CL is all that counts, getting £40m for one player that cost nothing would be far, far to much for them to reject.

I can understand the Spain thing, but Barca can't afford to spend & Madrid have no space, added to his Barca allegiance.
I thought they sold Adebayor 'cos he was a @#%&! of a man who Wenger wanted rid of and Toure 'cos they finally realised he wasn't a very good defender?

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Wrong.

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I thought they sold Adebayor 'cos he was a @#%&! of a man who Wenger wanted rid of and Toure 'cos they finally realised he wasn't a very good defender?
Agree with this.

Adebayors agent was pimping him everywhere and Toure is shite and has been since he caught malaria.

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:56 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Wrong.
Yeah he'd definitely say no because that's how it works.

Personally if I played for United and Arsenal were winning a lot of trophies and offered big money for me, and United accepted, I'd go.

And he isn't even English.

Just like I'd go to Madrid, so you can't blame Ronaldo, when he won everything with us as well.

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agree with this.

Adebayors agent was pimping him everywhere and Toure is shite and has been since he caught malaria.
Personally i'd wonder if Arsenal would've bit our hand off if we offered 'em £40 million, why people think we didn't? Obviously unless we don't have the money which makes it an equally pointless argument?

Unread 25-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Baron

Quote:
That & the large pot of cash offered for them. Adebayor cost £7m & Toure £250k, so making £33m+ was too good to be true, especially with Vermaalen bought for £10m as younger replacement & Eduardo back from injury.

Fabregas might be slightly(!!) more difficult to replace, but Arsenal have a debt over £300m & their property portfolio at the old Highbury is in the shit with the recession.

Economics dictates that club more than ours until they pay off the ground & sell the property. If anyone other than Wenger was there they would be utterly £#%&!ed.

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:00 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
That & the large pot of cash offered for them. Adebayor cost £7m & Toure £250k, so making £33m+ was too good to be true, especially with Vermaalen bought for £10m as younger replacement & Eduardo back from injury.

Fabregas might be slightly(!!) more difficult to replace, but Arsenal have a debt over £300m & their property portfolio at the old Highbury is in the shit with the recession.

Economics dictates that club more than ours until they pay off the ground & sell the property. If anyone other than Wenger was there they would be utterly £#%&!ed.
I'd like to add Vermaelen to this list too.

Fantastic buy.

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Yeah he'd definitely say no because that's how it works.

Personally if I played for United and Arsenal were winning a lot of trophies and offered big money for me, and United accepted, I'd go.

And he isn't even English.

Just like I'd go to Madrid, so you can't blame Ronaldo, when he won everything with us as well.
sorry mate but you probably couldnt be more wrong if you spent ages about thinking how much more wrong to make yourself.

if we made a bid and arsenal were prepared to let him go, barca or real would come in for him. no doubt about it, and he would not come here.

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

I'll add Thierry Henry and Paul McShane to the list.

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:04 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
sorry mate but you probably couldnt be more wrong if you spent ages about thinking how much more wrong to make yourself.

if we made a bid and arsenal were prepared to let him go, barca or real would come in for him. no doubt about it, and he would not come here.
Agree.

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:05 PM
dodger

Quote:
He is, yes.

£#%&!ed over him for many a year. (Crumps too, if I remember rightly)
And me. I don't see us signing another right back though, mores the pity

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
And me. I don't see us signing another right back though, mores the pity
Probbly not but then I think Rafael's got a great future at United ahead of him.

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:10 PM
dodger

Quote:
I'd like to add Vermaelen to this list too.

Fantastic buy.
Good start, flash in the pan. YHIHF.

Unread 25-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Gazw649

Alonso

Unread 26-11-2009, 05:57 PM
marlo

Quote:
not at all.
he bleeds arsenal wouldnt even think of leaving them at the moment.
Closed Thread