United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2021, 08:33 PM
Tronics

Mourinho comes across like a smart man i just dont understand how he cant see that his system isn't working anymore and most likely will never work again in this new era and change tact.

he still digging out players, making scapegoats and signing past-it players instead of promoting youth. crazy tbh.

Unread 01-02-2021, 08:39 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Mourinho comes across like a smart man i just dont understand how he cant see that his system isn't working anymore and most likely will never work again in this new era and change tact.

he still digging out players, making scapegoats and signing past-it players instead of promoting youth. crazy tbh.
Because his ego won't let him admit his methods don't work anymore. He doesn't want to self-reflect. He wants to prove everyone wrong and instead is doubling down.

Unread 01-02-2021, 08:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
His way of knocking players down, belittling them in public, taking the credit but none of the blame as some kind of toughening up tactic is failing. Ole has handled the Pogba situation both in getting the player back to his best but also a difficult PR standoff with the agent perfectly. He nipped it in the bud internally not adding fuel to the fire whereas Mourinho loves the attention. Shaw is playing his best football for years but Ole hasn't taken personal credit for it unlike that one game a few years ago when Mourinho said Shaw only played good because he was using "my brain".
Word.

Unread 02-02-2021, 01:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Chatting to a couple of spurs fans and they are , understandably, fuming that not only was he given the job in the first place but is handling it in his usual style.

They don't understand why he never has a bad word to say about Dier but gives a lot of other, better players shit. Also that Winks and Davies get games on the regular.

The first season or so with us I was hoping it would be a case of he's our @#%&!. Turns out he's just an actual @#%&!.

Dinosaur is such an apt description for him, both tactically and in his man management.

Unread 02-02-2021, 03:01 PM
Vida_15

don't want him sacked as he'll just keep spurs down and it'll just be another "top 6" team that we won't have to worry about

Unread 02-02-2021, 07:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Chatting to a couple of spurs fans and they are , understandably, fuming that not only was he given the job in the first place but is handling it in his usual style.

They don't understand why he never has a bad word to say about Dier but gives a lot of other, better players shit. Also that Winks and Davies get games on the regular.
He has always had his favourites - that's something else that used to work for him but doesn't really now.

Unread 03-02-2021, 11:58 AM
armchair

Unread 03-02-2021, 12:57 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Basic Instinct moment there, at 1:50

Unread 04-02-2021, 09:34 PM
dragflick

£#%&! me, Spurs look absolutely shite. Can’t get of their own half, can’t pass, nobody moving. Can’t see him lasting much longer...

Unread 04-02-2021, 09:36 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
£#%&! me, Spurs look absolutely shite. Can’t get of their own half, can’t pass, nobody moving. Can’t see him lasting much longer...
Hoddle's disgusted

Unread 04-02-2021, 09:49 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Tbf he doesn’t need to do much else but get sacked to keep the money flowing in. How he got the gig in the first place is the real head scratcher. His trajectory since his real and inter days has been like a car crash.

Unless he suddenly has a character transplant, he’s finished.

Unread 04-02-2021, 09:49 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
Hoddle's disgusted
Very much so triple sod.

Unread 04-02-2021, 09:55 PM
triple sod

Rio going in two-footed on Spurs patterns of play

Unread 04-02-2021, 09:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
Rio going in two-footed on Spurs patterns of play
Even Jenas is laying it on thick.

Spurs look miserable as £#%&!. Weird, struggling to work out why

Unread 04-02-2021, 10:09 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Even Jenas is laying it on thick.

Spurs look miserable as £#%&!. Weird, struggling to work out why
Funny as the narrative was before the game was the players needed to take responsibility... like that wasn't the excuse used at his last 3 clubs

If you are a player and you take your own responsibility in Mourinhos teams you get dropped and never see the pitch.

Unread 04-02-2021, 10:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Kane must have had enough by now too. Wasting his peak years going absolutely nowhere.

Unread 04-02-2021, 11:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Kane must have had enough by now too. Wasting his peak years going absolutely nowhere.
Think he’s tied in for life tbf. One club man whether he likes it or not.

Mou reckons he’ll be back at weekend trying to completely destroy him.

Unread 04-02-2021, 11:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think he’s tied in for life tbf. One club man whether he likes it or not.

Mou reckons he’ll be back at weekend trying to completely destroy him.
I dunno. I think he’s ambitious and won’t waste his best years (on paper) there. He’s given them far longer than they deserve.

Unread 04-02-2021, 11:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I dunno. I think he’s ambitious and won’t waste his best years (on paper) there. He’s given them far longer than they deserve.
Only two years ago they were in a champions league final ffs. He's hardly been slumming it, though he will be if they stick with that @#%&! of a manager.

Unread 04-02-2021, 11:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Only two years ago they were in a champions league final ffs. He's hardly been slumming it, though he will be if they stick with that @#%&! of a manager.
He’s, what, 27? He’s been there his whole career and scabbed one champions league final. Big woop. Other than that, it’s been coming nowhere near a title and it’s only getting worse for him. For a player of his standard, I think he has been slumming it. They’ve got to show ambition too. They’re going backwards and at a critical point of his career. He’ll be fully aware that he’ll likely never win a trophy in his career if he stays there.
Closed Thread