United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 28-06-2023, 10:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Maddison is absolutely made for Spurs. A player in a position we don't need and even if we did there'd be a dozen better alternatives.
Indeed. I didn’t know where he was going or who was interested as there’s absolutely no £#%&!ing chance United should be going anywhere near him he’s decent, but of no use to us.

Interesting that Arteta has bought Havertz to play as a number 8 for £65m and that’s fine, are even though he’s played almost exclusively as a 9 for the last 18 months or so, but Mount as an 8 is ludicrous, even though he often plays there and has all the required attributes..

Unread 28-06-2023, 10:28 AM
Ethers

The way Maddison gave up for Leicester this season tells you all you need to know about him. Not a United player in a million years

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:05 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
My purpose was accurate, your purpose is bullshit, regardless of figures.

Probably around £60m when the add-ons are taken into account, certainly not £40m.
It says a fee around 40m but dunk an office worker from manchester has stated it in 60m while taking into account the add-ins he doesn’t even know of.

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
It says a fee around 40m but dunk an office worker from manchester has stated it in 60m while taking into account the add-ins he doesn’t even know of.
It says £40m and add ons.

Marlo, a halfwit absolutely nothing human being from but£#%&!whogivesashit can’t read.

Again, making stuff up, you £#%&!ing liar.

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:16 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
but dunk an office worker from manchester has stated
Tickled me that. Sounds like an MEN intro.

"Dunk, an office worker from Manchester has stated that he is fuming at the way Easyjet handled things"

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The way Maddison gave up for Leicester this season tells you all you need to know about him. Not a United player in a million years
Also a touch always...

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wow

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:26 AM
BigJim

Quote:
Why are you even on here? Isn't the turkish transfer market keeping you snowed under?

Unread 28-06-2023, 01:27 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Why are you even on here? Isn't the turkish transfer market keeping you snowed under?

Marlo the super agent thinking we're gonna drop £60m on a winger when we've got Rashers, Martial and Garnacho on the left and Antony, Sancho, Amad and Pellestri for the right already. Or are we selling about 4 of these which I don't know about??

Unread 28-06-2023, 01:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes

Marlo the super agent thinking we're gonna drop £60m on a winger when we've got Rashers, Martial and Garnacho on the left and Antony, Sancho, Amad and Pellestri for the right already. Or are we selling about 4 of these which I don't know about??
winger/forward.
its all the same thing nowadays anyway.

what I mean is we need another attacking player. actually I need to elaborate on that given our last big money attacking player.

we need 2 players that are going to score us -lots of- goals wether that be playing up top or playing in one of the wide areas (Sancho antony and garnacho might not get us 20 league goals between them which is not enough)
we need to make up another 30 goals to be competing so we need 2 players to contribute towards that.

wether that be two strikers. (highly unlikely because they won't be able to play together) or one striker and one "forward"

Unread 28-06-2023, 01:53 PM
BarryX

Quote:
winger/forward.

what I mean is we need another attacking player. actually I need to elaborate on that given our last big money attacking player.

we need 2 players that are going to score us -lots of- goals wether that be playing up top or playing in one of the wide areas (Sancho antony and garnacho might not get us 20 league goals between them which is not enough)
we need to make up another 30 goals to be competing so we need 2 players to contribute towards that.

wether that be two strikers. (highly unlikely because they won't be able to play together) or one striker and one "forward"
Surely investing in the one, sure fire out and out striker and keeping Rashers primarly as a wide player or back up striker, would suffice. Hence we should be all in for Kane or Osimhen. Eitherway, you're right about needing lots of more goals.

Unread 28-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
winger/forward.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that we would need to score more goals in the league next season to challenge for the title. But the idea you can only add goals to last seasons total by literally bringing in new forward players is overly simplistic.

Unread 28-06-2023, 02:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I don’t think anyone disagrees that we would need to score more goals in the league next season to challenge for the title. But the idea you can only add goals to last seasons total by literally bringing in new forward players is overly simplistic.
100% this.

Look at how much of a better attacking team we are with Martinez and Casemiro compared to where they’re absent.

Onana’s most notable feature appears to be his passing and confidence
On the ball. There’s a reason we want that and that isn’t defending.

Mount is an attacking threat. Bruno is our only attacking midfielder who managed double figures last season.

Unread 28-06-2023, 02:21 PM
the heathen

Quote:
winger/forward.
They are in their hole the same thing. There's a reason that Rashford's goals drop off when he plays through the middle - it's a different role with different responsibilities and he's not as good at it. We need two central forward players, not wide players, because we effectively have none right now. Salah doesn't ever play through the middle for Liverpool. Kane doesn't play on the left or right of a front three for Spurs. They're different positions and the players that play in them have different attributes.

Stop with the 'wide forward is the same thing these days' bullshit. It's not true. You said United need a wide forward. That's %@#$&!s. They need central forwards.

Unread 28-06-2023, 04:08 PM
Whip Hubley

given the circumstances with our @#%&! owners, i'd be over the moon with Onana Mount and a Striker.

I just don't know who the striker would be given we're skint.

I'm also not remotely hopeful we can get the other 2 done either.

Unread 28-06-2023, 04:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Sin of Onan/Costa; Mount and Hojlund are the bare minimum. Anything else is a bonus.

Unread 28-06-2023, 06:10 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Sin of Onan/Costa; Mount and Hojlund are the bare minimum. Anything else is a bonus.
Right now, yes.

Should we offload Henderson, Maguire, AWB, Sancho, Fred, Bailly, De Gea leaves, Alex Telles (), McTommers, Elanga & Martial to name but a few. Jeez there is so much dross in our squad

Franck Kessie is available for €20m apparently, he's 26 - perfect levelling up if we could sell Fred for the same, he's 4 years younger & actually a good player.

Unread 28-06-2023, 06:50 PM
Coracao

Kessie isn't good enough. Just be adding another average player to the squad, who we will then probably struggle to shift.

Unread 28-06-2023, 07:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
I can tell you what won’t be adding tremendously to our goals wasting a significant amount of some mysterious budget on a “meh” midfielder.

you can all jump on every term i use revelling in what you lot deem wrong so I’m say it in the most simple way going.

after buying a man that plays in gloves in our goal, the next two players we sign should be 2 players that score goals.
1 should be be scoring 20 league goals and the other player at least 10-15 in the league (forward, 2nd striker, wide player etc etc)

Given our situation spending 55m on a player that i don’t think is even better than eriksen/The Scottish Player/Fred when we are scoring 58 goals in the league is madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
They are in their hole the same thing. There's a reason that Rashford's goals drop off when he plays through the middle - it's a different role with different responsibilities and he's not as good at it. We need two central forward players, not wide players, because we effectively have none right now. Salah doesn't ever play through the middle for Liverpool. Kane doesn't play on the left or right of a front three for Spurs. They're different positions and the players that play in them have different attributes.

Stop with the 'wide forward is the same thing these days' bullshit. It's not true. You said United need a wide forward. That's %@#$&!s. They need central forwards.
A player like salah is exactly what we need and what we should have been buying in Antony.

25 goal contributions from him, rashford having a similar season to last and a top striker would have allowed us to fine tune our midfield with a mount type player.

But instead Antony averages a handful of goals and assists so we need another player to fill our void of goals. Or how else will we get them?

If we do sign a striker…..

our front three will be …
rashford - striker - goal scoring forward.

It’s Convo some of you don’t want to have though.

Unread 28-06-2023, 07:16 PM
dunk

What was Salah doing when he was 22/23 years old?

Or, name another right winger with 25 goal contributions last season.