United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:18 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Finners has you rattled !

Big fan of finners. Called it very early on about his FOTY credentials...

Love him.

Up the reds...

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

HEAD 2 HEAD FOTY NOMINATIONS...

Windy too shit out and apologize ? Doubles down on his Armbravat hate ?
You love to see it. Finport setting up car bombs in peak IRA style here

windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s got my vote. Thought it went without saying
Standard.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s got my vote. Thought it went without saying

No need mate, here for the community and every day reds ...

Loads of positives to take from tonight, it's why the haters are rallying....

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Any faith in Amrabat is more hope. Will be a long season if he can’t improve our midfield
He will improve it merely by being on the pitch, pretty much.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Big fan of finners. Called it very early on about his FOTY credentials...

Love him.

Up the reds...
Not arsed you boring @#%&! ...

silv

Quote:
Against tonight’s team they improve. Whether they improve them enough to challenge for trophies then obviously not.

Any faith in Amrabat is more hope. Will be a long season if he can’t improve our midfield
Varane and shaw have had plenty of shit the bed moments themselves.

we are suffering from a very unsettled back five, granted… but our problem is the midfield. Mount, Varane, Shaw, Anthony don’t fix that. let’s hope this Moroccan fella is the mustard as we need him to be good.

windy waffles

Quote:
Not arsed you boring @#%&! ...
Oooo so edgy....

Bunkzzzzzzz

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:21 PM
silv

Quote:

No need mate, here for the community and every day reds ...

Loads of positives to take from tonight, it's why the haters are rallying....
name one

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Varane and Shaw improve it a bit but they don’t control the game

they don’t effect the non existent midfield and the attack

Anthony i don’t even know where to start as his record speaks for itself

i’ve never seen Amrabat play like 99.9% of the forum

Also the left back was fine, he played well.
We’re leaking goals like a sieve at the moment, so I think those two would improves things greatly in that area tbf. Shaw would also improve the left side of the attack btw.

Antony is better than Pellestri = improves this side.

99.9% is a strange lie considering there are Morocco match threads from last years World Cup. If I could be arsed I’d link them…

Quote:
name one
Our new 75m striker scored his first goal.

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Bayern were shit. We were flattered by the scoreline.
this is true. and yet we were unlucky, robbed and given cause for optimism. I hope we put out a better team for the knock-out rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Flashes of not being completely abysmal tonight, which is progress I suppose. Imo, we should try and extend those periods over the full 90 minutes.
if we did, you can bet the ref would play the full 105 mins.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
name one
Rasmus goal
Bruno
Reggers at LB
Fight back
Desire
3 goals in the Allianz (you've never been)

Etc...

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:23 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This isn't a great Bayern side
Thing is they get better and better as their season is basically warm up games. Theyll be better in the return game and by the knockout stages will be amongst the favourites. If we get out of the group we'll be strong too.

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:25 PM
browser

James Horncastle was on a podcast the other day saying Amrabat was the best in his position in Italy. We need to get him in alongside Casemiro and Bruno. Kobbie will be important too.

Not sure where this leaves our marquee signing from Chelsea

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Varane and shaw have had plenty of shit the bed moments themselves.

we are suffering from a very unsettled back five, granted… but our problem is the midfield. Mount, Varane, Shaw, Anthony don’t fix that. let’s hope this Moroccan fella is the mustard as we need him to be good.
Come on, bringing in two first defenders will help our defence. Everything has a knock on effect. Yes the midfield is a big problem, but when varane got a consistent run last season he brought a sense of calmness in most games.

He seems to have a decent partnership with Martinez too. We can only go off what we have seen. I think varane will need to be replaced in the summer as we can’t rely on him playing 40 games a season.

I agree with you, midfield is our biggest problem but sticking varane ahead lindelof , Antony ahead of pellestri and mount ahead of Eriksen would improve.

Wouldn’t improve them enough to expect to win trophies but it would improve them. Mount I don’t particularly like but we are missing legs in midfield. Whether he can come in and actually make a difference is yet to be season (personally I don’t think so but I’m hoping I’m wrong)

But as with most things Man Utd. Nothing will change under the owners £#%&! off. The ole interview should end any doubt of “glazers spend money though!” Because it’s much more deeper than that

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:26 PM
atticusgrinch

This team will be transformed as soon as Case plays with a footballer who can run and play properly in midfield.

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:27 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
This team will be transformed as soon as Case plays with a footballer who can run and play properly in midfield.
The Scottish Player

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:28 PM
silv

Quote:
Come on, bringing in two first defenders will help our defence. Everything has a knock on effect. Yes the midfield is a big problem, but when varane got a consistent run last season he brought a sense of calmness in most games.

He seems to have a decent partnership with Martinez too. We can only go off what we have seen. I think varane will need to be replaced in the summer as we can’t rely on him playing 40 games a season.

I agree with you, midfield is our biggest problem but sticking varane ahead lindelof , Antony ahead of pellestri and mount ahead of Eriksen would improve.

Wouldn’t improve them enough to expect to win trophies but it would improve them. Mount I don’t particularly like but we are missing legs in midfield. Whether he can come in and actually make a difference is yet to be season (personally I don’t think so but I’m hoping I’m wrong)

But as with most things Man Utd. Nothing will change under the owners £#%&! off. The ole interview should end any doubt of “glazers spend money though!” Because it’s much more deeper than that
disagree as we’ve had mount, varane and anthony this season and still lost

windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Hopefully it will be this bald @#%&! 99% of the forum have never seen play.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Who bet on us scoring 3 tonight?

Just our current luck that it wasn't enough.
We do seem intent on self destruction at the moment. Trying to play quick transition football with that midfield is just mental. Neither Eriksen or Casemiro have the legs or the stamina to play that way. The amount of times we won the ball only to give it away again within 2 passes was just criminal and The spaces we leave when we turn the ball over are absolutely mind blowing.

The penalty decision was a sickener. Keepers can make mistakes we've seen that but just as we look like we might claw our way out of the shit the ref gives a decision like that. I have no idea what Eriksen is supposed to do there given he's not even 2 yards away with his hand infront of him.

That just killed us. Absolutely killed us.