United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:18 PM
atticusgrinch

We know Case needs a few games to get up to beast mode. Leaving him the whole pitch to defend on counters last night was pretty mad.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:22 PM
jem

casemiro isn't the problem.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Just had a nip onto Twitter. Absolutely foaming with outrage about the penalty.

Game’s gone
Onana memes
Make it make sense

I see the officials have been dropped for next weekend too. Always love the notion that refs favour us, yet nothing is more certain to bring you negative press and attention than giving a favourable decision to Manchester United.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:25 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Tbf to him all those wolves breaks it was 3 against 1 every £#%&!ing time.
He should also be tracking or making a challenge at some point.

Neither he nor Bruno gave a solitary shit about following their midfield when they broke the lines & Casemiro appeared desperate to lunge in (& Martinez) which seems to indicate we're simply not fit enough yet for a PL start.

Better get some hard yards into them this week ahead of the Spurs game, doubly it would be a good idea to get some of them to remember how to £#%&!ing trap a ball maybe

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Just had a nip onto Twitter. Absolutely foaming with outrage about the penalty.

Game’s gone
Onana memes
Make it make sense

I see the officials have been dropped for next weekend too. Always love the notion that refs favour us, yet nothing is more certain to bring you negative press and attention than giving a favourable decision to Manchester United.
I think, like the goal we scored against City, that will comfortably ensure we don't get a single VAR decision our way for good while.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think, like the goal we scored against City, that will comfortably ensure we don't get a single VAR decision our way for good while.
With all of them justified with “well that makes up for the wolves penalty”.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
With all of them justified with “well that makes up for the wolves penalty”.
they're into their 5th consecutive hour mentioning it every 10 mins on talksport

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
they're into their 5th consecutive hour mentioning it every 10 mins on talksport
Fixating on the ref is so tedious anyway. First thing someone said to me in work today:

“What did you make of that last night?”

“Thought it was a shit game”

“No, I mean the penalty”

Look at the image they go with here too

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:56 PM
dunk

No mention of Sa going through Antony after he lifted the ball over him anywhere, still.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No mention of Sa going through Antony after he lifted the ball over him anywhere, still.
Didn’t notice that. Would like to see that one again.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Didn’t notice that. Would like to see that one again.
Antony ended up in a heap, couldn’t see it when it originally happened, but the replay from the side shows him just taking him out. Never shown again.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Antony ended up in a heap, couldn’t see it when it originally happened, but the replay from the side shows him just taking him out. Never shown again.
Yeah, they were the same thing imo. And yeah, no fuss made from anyone when it happened.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:08 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He should also be tracking or making a challenge at some point.

Neither he nor Bruno gave a solitary shit about following their midfield when they broke the lines & Casemiro appeared desperate to lunge in (& Martinez) which seems to indicate we're simply not fit enough yet for a PL start.

Better get some hard yards into them this week ahead of the Spurs game, doubly it would be a good idea to get some of them to remember how to £#%&!ing trap a ball maybe
the problem was we had only cas in the midfield sitting deep.
wolves knew they could just turn and be at our back four.
the wolves striker was also dropping deep ,Martinez the mad man was following him leaving another gap and it was just a mess. it was like they had 13 men. we also couldnt keep the ball up top as it was rashford one side and Antony the other.

ETH's team

to start the season like that after money spent is mad..

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:12 PM
larry

Quote:
might be the most costly 3 points we'll ever win

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Doesn’t look like much, but that’s one of the reasons we’ve got him. Instantly takes the pressure off the defence. If he stays rooted to his line, Lindelof is in trouble.

I think that was after the penalty incident too. He has the personality to do it again after that.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:15 PM
Big Norm

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:17 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Good job we won’t be able to forget about it.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:46 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
That was horrible.

Every player was terrible apart from Varane and Onana. They can't play that badly again though.

And Hojlund can't start soon enough.

Eww

Fulham 06/07. But yeah, not often.
AWB had a good game.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:47 PM
jem

apart from anything else, the player "fouled" was moving away from onana - suddenly, he was shoved back into onana's face by the player heading the ball. really not his fault.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
apart from anything else, the player "fouled" was moving away from onana - suddenly, he was shoved back into onana's face by the player heading the ball. really not his fault.
I think you made the point last night too: the player he collides with isn’t even the one who heads it. The impact doesn’t impede the action either.

It’s very similar to when you see players try and block a shot and follow through on the player. Very rarely given as fouls.

The more I see it, the less I think it’s a penalty. I still think we got away with one, but it’s not the outrage it’s being made out to be. You can see why it wasn’t given the the officials don’t need to be dropped for it.