United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:20 PM
ZiggyStardust

People you don't rate Rashford
Wasn't even that bad a miss as it was good save especially compared to that Lukaku practical open goal miss

Playing the best club side in the world and coming up 2nd best is not shock or anything to be embarrassed about

However I'm more concerned about composure and creativity around the box
Too often our players take the easy option of playing it wide and putting it in the mixer
It's hopeful football and when compared to the slick football the likes of Madrid produce it shows how far we have to go

Big plus was Lukaku getting off the mark and Matic's performance
The negatives have to be another Pogba no show and a truly rank defence (Valencia aside)

If we're going to get to Madrid's level we need every player to be comfortable on the ball as that's what they have

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Utter £#%&!ing state of a few on here
This

We've played a well oiled and settled team who sell bench players off for more than £50 million.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Rashford is young but was quite poor overall last season despite his "industry"....
that's not what you said last season when he was busy taking anderlecht and celta vigo apart and helping us outplay chelsea ...

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
played more games last season that anyone else didn't he?

You're all floundering here because you can't accept the truth, which is that if you take away rashford's running speed, what exactly else does he bring to the team?

He can't cross, he can't link up with other players, got put clean through today and scuffed a half-arsed shot straight at the keeper.

You wouldn't be needing to make excuses, citing his age if he was doing it on the pitch. Simple as that.
No one's making excuses, his execution was poor, but he made things happen which is a lot more than £#%&!ing Lingard did. He's 19; and even with a season of decent minutes under your belt, that still puts you at about 15/20% of your eventual career development. If you can't see anything in this kid then I really don't know what to say to you.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
played more games last season that anyone else didn't he?

You're all floundering here because you can't accept the truth, which is that if you take away rashford's running speed, what exactly else does he bring to the team?

He can't cross, he can't link up with other players, got put clean through today and scuffed a half-arsed shot straight at the keeper.

You wouldn't be needing to make excuses, citing his age if he was doing it on the pitch. Simple as that.
Eh he's a got a great cross on him
He's also got a lot of skill on the ball and has really good link up play
He's still very young so is not going to be consistent

Listen Sparky we get it you don't rate Rashford, that's your thing at the moment
Can you try not to push your agenda everytime he misses a chance this season

Let's see how he does by the end of the season as I think he's going to have a big season as long as Jose gives the attack the platform

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Cream

Rashford has 3 years to reach Martial's level.

And then a few more to reach his prime.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Whether we have options at centre back or not, at least two of them are £#%&!ing shit. Lindelof might not be the answer, but it's to early to judge him

Do we need wingers if Mourinho is going to persist with the 3-5-2? Perhaps that's why we're now being linked with a few full backs?

Agree on a left sided player, that's why we went for Perisic. That hasn't and might not happen, but you'd think we'd be looking at other options to sort that issue out

We're not going to solve every problem we have in the squad in one transfer window (which hasn't shut yet).
I'm not judging Lindelof yet ofcourse. But id have centre back behind the list of priorities compared to

Left back (Shaw can't stay fit)
Left wing (we don't have one)
Right wing (we don't have one)
Proper holding midfielder (we now have one)

Full backs....wing backs...wingers.....whatever it is,there's a dearth of wide players.

We've had three windows. We chose to not do anything in the last one. We're very reliant on some of the existing squad going up a gear.

Don't get me wrong, hardly losing any sleep over this and not than aware of the timing and how sharpness will improve etc, but simply assessing where we were, what we needed and what we've got.....ive felt more confident going in to seasons the..

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
How did benzema do? Bale? Ronaldo? Mikitarearaan? Etc?

Get a £#%&!ing grip.
I'm sorry that was just a noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He had a bad game. Anyone can. If he was like this all the time it'd be a worry, but you know as well as anyone he's not.

We really want him to work out. It might not, that's the thing, the pressure at this level is pretty high and not everybody makes it, but that doesn't mean he never had a chance to or that you could tell it all from one game because you're so £#%&!ing clever. Give it a rest.
No. I won't.

Nothing to do with being clever, just use your eyes and take the red specs off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
People you don't rate Rashford
Wasn't even that bad a miss as it was good save especially compared to that Lukaku practical open goal miss

Playing the best club side in the world and coming up 2nd best is not shock or anything to be embarrassed about

However I'm more concerned about composure and creativity around the box
Too often our players take the easy option of playing it wide and putting it in the mixer
It's hopeful football and when compared to the slick football the likes of Madrid produce it shows how far we have to go

Big plus was Lukaku getting off the mark and Matic's performance
The negatives have to be another Pogba no show and a truly rank defence (Valencia aside)

If we're going to get to Madrid's level we need every player to be comfortable on the ball as that's what they have
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Eh he's a got a great cross on him
He's also got a lot of skill on the ball and has really good link up play
He's still very young so is not going to be consistent

Listen Sparky we get it you don't rate Rashford, that's your thing at the moment
Can you try not to push your agenda everytime he misses a chance this season

Let's see how he does by the end of the season as I think he's going to have a big season as long as Jose gives the attack the platform
You can PM me your apologies if you like. I won't bttt these comments i promise. How's that?

Quote:
Rashford has 3 years to reach Martial's level.

And then a few more to reach his prime.
Can we £#%&! him off somewhere else to do it then rather than watching him with training wheels on £#%&!ing up easy chances in big games

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No one's making excuses, his execution was poor, but he made things happen which is a lot more than £#%&!ing Lingard did. He's 19; and even with a season of decent minutes under your belt, that still puts you at about 15/20% of your eventual career development. If you can't see anything in this kid then I really don't know what to say to you.
"no one's making excuses"

"he's 19"

that's an excuse.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Switching Off

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
I'm sorry that was just a noise.
Do you think the players listed are finished because they didn't do much?

The world class experienced players.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:33 PM
jem

hard to believe rashers is taking flak when our world class attacking midfielders produce £#%&! all. again.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:34 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Rashford runs a lot but hardly produces where it matters, the talent is there though and it's about him finishing off the chances and rewarding himself.

Overall we hung on at times, the gap in quality showed but attitude was spot on from the lads and if we take the easy chances we'll start rewarding ourselves.

Full backs are a big issue and further forward. Hence why he wants a LB and another wide player

Cream

Quote:

Can we £#%&! him off somewhere else to do it then rather than watching him with training wheels on £#%&!ing up easy chances in big games
Sure. Just as soon as we replace Martial...

Sparky***

Quote:
Do you think the players listed are finished because they didn't do much?

The world class experienced players.

No idea what you're going on about or what that has to do with certain players blatantly not being good enough for United tbh.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
"no one's making excuses"

"he's 19"

that's an excuse.
No, it's a reason. You are aware that 19 year olds are unlikely to be the finished article, right?

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
No idea what you're going on about or what that has to do with certain players blatantly not being good enough for United tbh.
Are you pissed up pal?

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No, it's a reason. You are aware that 19 year olds are unlikely to be the finished article, right?
why is he in the team then?

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
why is he in the team then?
So he can become the finished article.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:38 PM
puressence

Amazing how the cab driver is hammering rashford yet the 3 ex players on Bt stating how he changes the game for us .. I'd take the cabbies knowledge any day of the week. Thing is sparky had shit it won't reply cos he's a sackless #@&%!.

Unread 08-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
So he can become the finished article.
manchester united's first team isn't the place to see if you turn out to be any good or not.

Send him to £#%&!ing preston on loan or something like we did with Beckham.