United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah i forgot the little maggot carping on about that first game of the season, well that soft as shite pen more than made up for it didn't it Gary.

Out of the two goalkeepers who had the more saves to make? because it certainly wasn't ours ffs.

He's a graceless little shit. Coming out afterwards talking like they've been sucker punched by some minnows. He's lucky we've got two rookies up front and a mis-firing piss head otherwise he'd have been sucking his thumb at half time 4-0 down.

oh Sparkles

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:40 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Out of the two goalkeepers who had the more saves to make? because it certainly wasn't ours ffs.
But, hang on ?

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:41 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
But, hang on ?
hang on what?

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
hang on what?
Nod to the onana haters pal ...

Calm down.

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:44 AM
Sparky***

this ain't the foot he broke is it?

Unread 02-02-2024, 12:46 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Hopefully just a precaution.

Surely

Got to be

Please

Unread 02-02-2024, 01:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He broke his right foot

Unread 02-02-2024, 01:40 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Yeah i forgot the little maggot carping on about that first game of the season, well that soft as shite pen more than made up for it didn't it Gary.

He's a graceless little shit. Coming out afterwards talking like they've been sucker punched by some minnows. He's lucky we've got two rookies up front and a mis-firing piss head otherwise he'd have been sucking his thumb at half time 4-0 down.
Love this fella (sparkeh, not O'Neill)

It's insane how profligate we are in front of goal. Bruno has forgotten how to finish.

Unread 02-02-2024, 02:19 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That the type of penalty that, if we get given it, we get a week of coverage about how big clubs get the calls, it’s crucial refs get these big decisions right, you can understand Gary O’Neill’s frustration etc etc

If it was Bruno Fernandes going over like that, there’d be a public stoning
Perfect case in point.

We beat Wigan convincingly (albeit not by as many as we should have).

But all the talk after the game was about the penalty which, at the worst, you could say was arguable either way.

In that instance we were just lucky there was no VAR as they’d have been falling over themselves to rule it out and be heroes to the locals.

Unread 02-02-2024, 02:28 AM
History

Rewatched the goal again, obviously.

Its like a mirror image of every Messi goal ever. Amazing

Unread 02-02-2024, 03:07 AM
croady26

Kobbie you absolute legend,we controlled it for an hour but then got 40 mins of chaos and nearly threw it away in stoppage time. So close to only a point for one of our better performances

Unread 02-02-2024, 03:40 AM
shenwen

What a game. Switched off at 3-3 then came in here . Mainoo

Brilliant in the first half. Shoddy in the second. Thought that Evans sub was going to cost us. Also we see why ETH doesn't play Antony on the left Martinez £#%&!ing cursed.

Unread 02-02-2024, 07:38 AM
measlyshark

Quote:

Read this out of context and genuinely first thought was 'what the £#%&! has Neville said now?'

Unread 02-02-2024, 07:53 AM
Patty_b

Martinez MOTM. He's almost a cheat code in defence. Small as £#%&! but wins almost every header he goes up for. Aggressive in the tackle but rarely fouls and often comes away with the ball at his feet. Always in the right place at the right time when there's a 50/50. Fingers crossed that ice was just precautionary because we're a different beast with him at the back.

Dalot was good I thought as well, his movement going forward was much better and his part in the second goal was class.

Mainoo is our best player.

The penalty was a joke, even BT commentators couldn't begin to try and justify it. Watched the highlights on sky this morning and I think it was Jim Beglin said something along the lines of 'there's not much contact, but if there is any contact then it's a penalty'.

Is that right?!

Any contact between players in the penalty area is a penalty now? Get to £#%&!. Cowardly joke of a decision.

Unread 02-02-2024, 08:38 AM
Hyman_Roth

Erik needs to start playing the game with refs. Pep and Klopp are forever moaning about decisions against them and routinely influence refs. I know he’s playing the ‘not sink to that level’ card but £#%&! it, it’s an absolute joke.

How var can examine that last night and still give it is beyond me.

Unread 02-02-2024, 08:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Erik needs to start playing the game with refs. Pep and Klopp are forever moaning about decisions against them and routinely influence refs. I know he’s playing the ‘not sink to that level’ card but £#%&! it, it’s an absolute joke.

How var can examine that last night and still give it is beyond me.
This is a big gripe of mine. He should have been making a right fuss over that after the game. It was a disgrace that decision.

Unread 02-02-2024, 10:17 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Rewatched the goal again, obviously.

Its like a mirror image of every Messi goal ever. Amazing

Messi is the white Mainoo

Unread 02-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Finport Red

One of the highlights of last night was seeing Erik ‘lost the dressing room’ Ten Hag and Casemiro locked together in deep embrace at the end of the game, celebrating the win together.

Unread 02-02-2024, 11:35 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Messi is the white Mainoo
Mainoo is the white Messi