United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2021, 09:32 PM
ScarFace

Win a semi before comparing to Lampard never mind Fergie.

Bunch of Bidens !

Unread 23-01-2021, 10:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Good piece on Ole's lack of 'philosophy' - puts him alongside Sir Alex

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-chaotic-times
Feels like I’ve read about 100 similar articles from Wilson on Ole in the last year

There is a bunch of journalists out there who have nailed their colours to the mast that Ole isn’t a good enough manager to manage a top club like Utd
This is mainly because Ole isn’t a typical modern manager who has a set philosophy or system of playing

Wilson is definitely the most biased of those journalists
I’ve heard him on podcasts recently and you can clearly tell any questions about Ole’s improvement of Utd gets his back up
Basically he said on a podcast I heard that Utd won games because they have good players ignoring the fact that under Jose a lot of these players weren’t considered good players but have since improved hugely under Ole

Unread 23-01-2021, 11:26 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Feels like I’ve read about 100 similar articles from Wilson on Ole in the last year

There is a bunch of journalists out there who have nailed their colours to the mast that Ole isn’t a good enough manager to manage a top club like Utd
This is mainly because Ole isn’t a typical modern manager who has a set philosophy or system of playing

I’ve heard him on podcasts recently and you can clearly tell any questions about Ole’s improvement of Utd gets his back up
Basically he said on a podcast I heard that Utd won games because they have good players ignoring the fact that under Jose a lot of these players weren’t considered good players but have since improved hugely under Ole
I thought it was more pro Ole in that he wasn't pretentious but had a set of values.

Unread 23-01-2021, 11:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

All the good teams have good players.

Play well, it’s the players. Play badly, it’s Ole.

£#%&!ers.

Unread 24-01-2021, 12:07 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I thought it was more pro Ole in that he wasn't pretentious but had a set of values.
Not sure how you could have got that from reading that article with lines like this in it

Quote:
That’s one of the reasons there has been such scepticism about Ole Gunnar Solskjær, who has no apparent philosophy beyond asking what Sir Alex would have done.
Wilson’s basically explaining why a “vibes” manager like Ole could be top of the league ahead of great modern managers like Klopp and Pep

Unread 24-01-2021, 12:19 AM
red in cumbria

Wilson is one of those who can barely hide their glee whenever we have a below par result. £#%&! him.

Unread 24-01-2021, 12:21 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Wilson is one of those who can barely hide their glee whenever we have a below par result. f*** him.
PAr in the traditional or RAWK sense?

Unread 24-01-2021, 12:27 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
PAr in the traditional or RAWK sense?
Whatever is more convenient to him at the time, probably.

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:13 PM
puressence

Absolutely adore him even more second time around

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:19 PM
History

I believe Klopp was the last of the PED using gegenpressing twitter gimp managers for Ole to beat?

No tactics, vibes etc...

Get £#%&!ed

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:40 PM
red in cumbria

We've finally beaten a "big" club this season then, another talking point of the "Ole out" brigade bites the dust.

Unread 24-01-2021, 10:47 PM
M33mike

Not doing too bad are we.

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Great game management.

Interesting listening to him after the game. He said we have had good results against big sides in the last couple of years but we have had to nullify them etc. He said this one was on our terms.

Maybe he is actually an astute manager? Seems to be building a side.

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Great game management.

Interesting listening to him after the game. He said we have had good results against big sides in the last couple of years but we have had to nullify them etc. He said this one was on our terms.

He can’t be because he doesn’t talk about philosophy and gesticulate on the touch line.

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Great game management.

No seems about it, he’s definitely building a side.

He’s got every single one of them playing for the shirt and from the outside that looks to be one of his biggest strengths as a manager

Like a certain someone else...

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:27 PM
puressence

Interesting the Lineker interview with Bruno pre match. About the make up off the team and togetherness.

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No seems about it, he’s definitely building a side.

He’s got every single one of them playing for the shirt and from the outside that looks to be one of his biggest strengths as a manager

Like a certain someone else...

I don’t think he’s the most comfortable in interviews and doesn’t want to give much away anyway. He mostly talks chirpily in quite generally and this has created this notion that’s a nice guy with not a lot to him.

It’s really not true. He has his flaws of course, but the job he’s doing and the way he’s doing it is quickly becoming undeniable. We’ve seen signs of progress that have enabled us to see beyond shitter moments, but now there is clearer progression in all aspects of what we are, compared to when he joined.

Even the serous doubters and abus are starting to admit the fact he’s doing a good job.

Unread 24-01-2021, 11:32 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Unread 25-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Cream

Seen off forum faves Pochettino, Tuchel and now Lampard.

Top of the league.

Unread 25-01-2021, 06:52 PM
Vedder

Thumbs up

What a job he’s doing
Closed Thread