United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:30 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
are you joking?

Maguire and The Scottish Player on the bench has NOTHING to do with the fact we don't win games, don't see games out or hold unto a lead for more than 5 minutes against good opposition.
Correct. Against good opposition with them in the team, we never have a lead to hold on to.

Except that one time last year when we were winning 2-0 against Seville and Maguire came on. We held that lead brilliantly. For 5-10 mins, then zeppelin head dinked one into his own net.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
If it’s the same cycle, then the problem has surely to be with the players who are repeating it?
Correct.

And the chumps running things are allowing them to do it.

Things get tough “we’ll down tools and get the manager sacked, then we’ll have another two years on inflated wages under a new manager”

And on and on it goes.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Correct. Against good opposition with them in the team, we never have a lead to hold on to.

Except that one time last year when we were winning 2-0 against Seville and Maguire came on. We held that lead brilliantly. For 5-10 mins, then zeppelin head dinked one into his own net.
so let me get this straight....

if we are to look at this game as see where it went wrong, its worth bringing up Maguire and The Scottish Player and how them being on the bench upset the moral that somehow transferred onto the pitch and played a part in us losing the game?

the fact no one else will call out this bullshit speaks volumes of the sheep we have on here.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
if we finish 20th, 10h stays, and the glazers leave, that would be our best season since 2008.
Well since 2013 anyway

There was a time, after we won 2 trophies in 2017, when things looked to be getting better finally post-Fergie.

Our owners then decided "job done", didn't do nearly enough in that summer to build on it, and the cycle began again.

Nothing significant is changing until they go.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:34 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Correct.

And the chumps running things are allowing them to do it.

Things get tough “we’ll down tools and get the manager sacked, then we’ll have another two years on inflated wages under a new manager”

And on and on it goes.
but theres a host of new players.
are you saying casimero,bruno, dalot and onana are conspiring to get eth sacked?

or are we just a unorganised mess and its the Joel glazers job to coach and organise the team so we can play to the best of our ability?

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:34 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
if we finish 20th, 10h stays, and the glazers leave, that would be our best season since 2008.
we finish 20th, ten hag leaves and the glazers stay.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:35 PM
Reddevils_fan

Its kinda weird last few games. Very unlike United. Before I used to feel we did not deserve to win this game, played bad, but got lucky and won. Now most games I watch, I think, we look good, but then we go on to loose these games. I am seeing what Ten Hag is trying to do. There's too many individual mistakes. We loose our heads when we concede I can see that Onana might become our Bravo or Karius if he doesnt improve. I just dont get it, you can play so good football like we did for 25 odd minutes after 2nd half, but then why do you have to start playing hoofball everytime we concede? Keep your composure and play normally. Its happened so often this season, as soon as we concede, its hoofball, long passes going nowhere. Most issues seem to be mental rather than tactical. I have no doubt Ten Hag is gonna play great football if given time. I do not know if it will be with current bunch of players or a completely new team. I do not know if the new board is more patient than Ed Woodward was. Will they be able to back Ten Hag if entire fanbase goes against him like Arsenal or Liverpool did during their rebuilds? Lets see

silv

Quote:
so let me get this straight....

if we are to look at this game as see where it went wrong, its worth bringing up Maguire and The Scottish Player and how them being on the bench upset the moral that somehow transferred onto the pitch and played a part in us losing the game?

the fact no one else will call out this bullshit speaks volumes of the sheep we have on here.
instead of looking at individual players and managers.. shouldn’t we be looking at what is causing every them ALL to fail so consistently???

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well since 2013 anyway

There was a time, after we won 2 trophies in 2017, when things looked to be getting better finally post-Fergie.

Our owners then decided "job done", didn't do nearly enough in that summer to build on it, and the cycle began again.

That was the summer after tbf, but it was after we finished 2nd with our highest points total in area years and reached another cup final, so your point still stands.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
we finish 20th, ten hag leaves and the glazers stay.
Then we, literally, burn the club to the ground.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well since 2013 anyway

Woodward publicly undermined the most successful manager on the planet at the time for Pogba, Martial and Luke Shaw.

That and the Moyes appointment were the two worst decisions in the club's history (that i remember).

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:39 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
instead of looking at individual players and managers.. shouldn’t we be looking at what is causing every them ALL to fail so consistently???
but the season has started, the window is closed.
all the players wages are all going in fine. its not like onana wages didnt go in like the wheelchair blonde in the office.

so right now we park all the other issues to the side...

why are we so bad at seeing a game out?
why are players not picked on merit?
why do lose all composure after we concede?

who are those questions related to?

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Woodward publicly undermined the most successful manager on the planet at the time for Pogba, Martial and Luke Shaw.

That and the Moyes appointment were the two worst decisions in the club's history (that i remember).
Liverpool supporter, never forget.

But even so, I suspect he was following orders there. Have to protect their RESALE VALUE, you see.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:43 PM
suedeshoes

Reddevils-fan bringing some dry-pants chat to the forum. Bit of perspective. Very welcome arrival.

Quote:
Who do you think?

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:09 PM
puressence

More disgusting the amount of gala fans all over the ground a good thousand if not more all over the show. Utd are £#%&!ed from top to bottom. Literally £#%&!ing disgusting how much the @#%&!s are destroying the club.

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:26 PM
pedr0

Quote:
but the season has started, the window is closed.
all the players wages are all going in fine. its not like onana wages didnt go in like the wheelchair blonde in the office.

so right now we park all the other issues to the side...

why are we so bad at seeing a game out?
why are players not picked on merit?
why do lose all composure after we concede?

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:34 PM
Dacter

Quote:
are you joking?

Maguire and The Scottish Player on the bench has NOTHING to do with the fact we don't win games, don't see games out or hold unto a lead for more than 5 minutes against good opposition.
or shite opposition tbh

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:36 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
or shite opposition tbh
andorra would give us a game

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:38 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevils_fan
Now most games I watch, I think, we look good, but then we go on to loose these games.
Sorry mate, but that’s a straight red.

Off for an early bath with Casemiro.

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
andorra would give us a game
We'd draw with San Marino