United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:12 PM
Sparky***

fred was the master at doing absolutely nothing with the ball today.

The Scottish Player was £#%&!ing abysmal. Did absolutely nothing the whole game.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

The Scottish Player was £#%&!ing abysmal. Did absolutely nothing the whole game.
Yeah, it was a bad game for them both to go to shit.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
watching him try to bring the ball out today

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
One of the only ones to had a decent game.

Brought the ball out of defence well in the first half but the lack of movement in front of him was abysma
l.
Who are you watching?

You celebrated a tackle he made at one point and I honestly had no idea what you were on about he'd muscled the ball off someone on their right with the help of Fred

Quote:

They're our only 2 midfield options.

Highest wage bill in Europe.

£#%&!ing Ole

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
He showed a good range of passing today and has done all season. But with no midfield in front of him and lack of movement it’s always going to be struggle.

Defended well one on one a few times second half too when the midfield went walkies. He’s the least of our problems.
Hmmm, I simply dont agree on the passing. He looks comfortable and composed on the ball, but I expected him to step into midfield more and play more balls between the lines.

When he does, he usually fails.

It's all well and good saying he's the least of our problems, but when you spend £80m, you should be buying the END of your problems.

Are we better at the back now last season?

I really dont think we are. Individually, yes. Collectively, no.

There was a lot of talk about 'defence sorted' when we got him and AWB

Don't think many were expecting 2 clean sheets at Christmas.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who are you watching?

You celebrated a tackle he made at one point and I honestly had no idea what you were on about he'd muscled the ball off someone on their right with the help of Fred
Enough smileys?

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Hmmm, I simply dont agree on the passing. He looks comfortable and composed on the ball, but I expected him to step into midfield more and play more balls between the lines.

It's all well and good saying he's the least of our problems, but when you spend £80m, you should be buying the END of your problems.

He's adept at smashing it over someone's head and out of play, nqat

The penalty doesn't happen if Maguire is any good btw. AWB panicked because he knew the carthorse was in trouble.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

The penalty doesn't happen if Maguire is any good btw. AWB panicked because he knew the carthorse was in trouble.
Nah, that's all on AWB, but that is the kid's first bad tackle of the season, so he gets a pass.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:35 PM
AK14

Quote:

I’m not saying he’s Beckenbauer back there.

He’s decent on the ball, I e always though he was just decent though so maybe it’s not a huge shock to me when he’s not creating chances etc?

He’s never an 80m player, we all knew that in the summer. But we nearly always overpay for players and especially with Woodward and co running things and missed out on him the summer before for less dunk will bite

I think we’re better. But the lack of threat in attack hurts us at the back imo. Teams just don’t fear us and grow in confidence the longer games go on, we then push further forward and the inevitable happens. We’ve also conceded quite a few goals from corners (third highest in the league I think?) and many people were saying that’s on the coaching when Mourinho was in charge, so surely it’s the same now with Ole as manager?

Quote:

Agenda...

Pathetic.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:37 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Agenda...

Pathetic.
You certainly have and it certainly is.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
You certainly have and it certainly is.
Dunk loves a good..

Pathetic.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Tiberian

He is not an exceptional defender, which should surprise few who watched him in his career before Utd, but Ole really should have tried Smalling beside him rather than put so much faith in the utterly ineffectual Lindelof.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Dunk loves a good..

Pathetic.

Unread 22-12-2019, 09:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He is not an exceptional defender, which should surprise few who watched him in his career before Utd, but Ole really should have tried Smalling beside him rather than put so much faith in the utterly ineffectual Lindelof.
It’s hard to disagree.

Unread 23-12-2019, 01:37 AM
shenwen

He was very bad, but Lindelof was much worse.

United and central defenders Wasn’t that long ago we had the best pairing in the world.

Unread 23-12-2019, 06:43 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Nah, that's all on AWB, but that is the kid's first bad tackle of the season, so he gets a pass.
I am amazed he hasn't conceded one earlier. You can't keep going to ground like he does in the box.

Stay on your feet, as Ray would say. RIP.

Unread 28-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Medlock

Very good tonight 😎

Unread 28-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Very good tonight 😎
The slab was used well today. Never let the burnley attackers have a free header. Won everything.

Unread 28-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Switching Off

Burnley have had one shot on target in their past 4 games.

Unread 28-12-2019, 11:08 PM
My Name is Keith

Tiberian will be on in a min with chapter 5 of his ‘why I was right to lay into Maguire and why I will keep banging the same drum despite everything’.
Closed Thread