United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 13-12-2023, 05:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
Utterly brainless.
Says the dim @#%&! who thinks replacing ten Hag would do anything other than paper over the cracks. We’d be here in a couple of years having this exact same (boring) conversation.

Unread 13-12-2023, 06:02 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Says the dim @#%&! who thinks replacing ten Hag would do anything other than paper over the cracks. We’d be here in a couple of years having this exact same (boring) conversation.
the two issues aren’t mutually exclusive

we can fix the sporting direction and get a competent manager

Unread 13-12-2023, 06:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Who’s the competent manager? We’ve done every type of manager imaginable since Ferguson retired. I’m not even saying ETH is the answer long term or will be a success - I’m just saying it’s pointless replacing him now because we’ve done it all before. Quite simply, we need the ownership issue sorted out asap.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:00 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:

At last. A person who has the ability to keep two distinct problems separate in their heads and doesn't bow to the Fred hive-mind peer pressure.

It can be done people.

Quote:
How many asses are going un-kissed while you're wasting time on me? £#%&!ing lickspittle.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:04 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
At last. A person who has the ability to keep two distinct problems separate in their heads and doesn't bow to the Fred hive-mind peer pressure.

It can be done people.

How many asses are going un-kissed while you're wasting time on me? £#%&!ing lickspittle.
You keep saying it can be done - it hasn’t in 10 years under various different managers, some of whom had massive pedigree in the game. We’ve done it all. Who is there left to bring in?

“I dunno!”

It’s pointless engaging with you. Your whole argument is akin to a toddler throwing their toys out of the pram while not knowing what to do next.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:07 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
You keep saying it can be done - it hasn’t in 10 years under various different managers, some of whom had massive pedigree in the game. We’ve done it all. Who is there left to bring in?

“I dunno!”

It’s pointless engaging with you. Your whole argument is akin to a toddler throwing their toys out of the pram while not knowing what to do next.
So true.

I remember doing the ‘mutually exclusive’ argument myself with Ole. I was wrong to expect better with a better manager in charge.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:20 PM
silv

Quote:

“I dunno!”

IIRC aren’t you in the SJR camp? if so then surely you believe the club is heading in the right direction? if that’s being fixed then surely we can get a decent manager?

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:36 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
IIRC aren’t you in the SJR camp? if so then surely you believe the club is heading in the right direction? if that’s being fixed then surely we can get a decent manager?
I hope that the club is heading in the right direction, yeah. Ten Hag should be here for the season at least, and hopefully some of that time will be with SJR in charge.

The current situation, with so much doubt and uncertainty about what is actually going on at the top, will breed discontent throughout the entire club. Surely, based on last season at least, ETH should be allowed to operate under a more settled structure. If things are still as bleak by the end of the season, then maybe a total overhaul is what is needed in terms of management, and I’m sure Big Jim won’t be afraid to make those decisions should the time come.

The culture at the club is toxic and has been for years - that stems not from the manager, but from the way the club is run imo. Let’s see what happens once Jim is here. Take a more measured approach rather than just going and bringing in that Wolves guy (ffs) because people are blaming ETH for the culture and problems that existed long before he arrived.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:51 PM
avocado

Quote:
I hope that the club is heading in the right direction, yeah. Ten Hag should be here for the season at least, and hopefully some of that time will be with SJR in charge.
He’s not going to be in charge. If you owned 75% of a house would you let the 25% owner start knocking it about, even if he used his own money? If you only owned 25% would you spend your own money on it?

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
He’s not going to be in charge. If you owned 75% of a house would you let the 25% owner start knocking it about, even if he used his own money? If you only owned 25% would you spend your own money on it?
Isn’t part of the conditions of his offer to buy 25% that he’d be in control of sporting matters? Let’s wait and see what actually happens before dismissing it.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:02 PM
avocado

Quote:
Isn’t part of the conditions of his offer to buy 25% that he’d be in control of sporting matters? Let’s wait and see what actually happens before dismissing it.
I’ve no idea if your first sentence is correct. I suspect we will only find out when the deal is announced and the NYSE filings are made. As for your second sentence, let’s not assume he will be in charge before we see what actually happens, eh? But in the real world of money ….

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yes, if they are better at home improvements and DIY to improve its price ..

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:18 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yes, if they are better at home improvements and DIY to improve its price ..
You think the Glazers don’t think they are the best at what they do? But even if they let him, is he going to put 100% of the money in if he only gets 25% of the uplift? If he does, it’s only going to be as another loan.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
You think the Glazers don’t think they are the best at what they do?
Honestly, no....

They know they're leeching £#%&!s that have over seen the breaking down of one of the worlds best football clubs, they are aware they are hated and have run its course....

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:29 PM
avocado

Quote:
Honestly, no....

They know they're leeching £#%&!s that have over seen the breaking down of one of the worlds best football clubs, they are aware they are hated and have run its course....
As I said before, in the real world of money …. They think they are ace because of the return on their (minimal) investment. Do you really think they care about anything else? No wonder you think Anthony can play (foot)ball.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
As I said before, in the real world of money …. They think they are ace because of the return on their (minimal) investment. Do you really think they care about anything else? No wonder you think Anthony can play (foot)ball.
Nice dig, enjoy your evening, childish £#%&!.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:47 PM
avocado

Quote:
Nice dig, enjoy your evening, childish £#%&!.
Thanks for engaging in a sensible, mature debate. Sleep tight.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:48 PM
pedr0

Quote:
yes that's exact the same thing, well done.

which glazer owns 75% of the club?

Unread 14-12-2023, 12:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Thanks for engaging in a sensible, mature debate. Sleep tight.
I've another 7 hours of work, but a book to start....

I was being honest with my post, before your childish digs and off topic one-upmanship, Its a tired, boring subject that has dragged on now for a year....

Was only debating your incorrect analogy...

Unread 14-12-2023, 12:05 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
yes that's exact the same thing, well done.

which glazer owns 75% of the club?
The Glazers, believe it or not, control the club. Exact percentages are a bit of a mystery but it doesn’t affect the principle