United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2023, 08:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Sadly, I think ETH will leave the club before the Glazers do.
Yeah I’m getting that feeling too.

Unread 16-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Sparky***

Maybe it's me being naive or not understanding this 'new breed' of manager but whenever you're losing a game 2-0 at home I always thought it would be most important to have as many goal threats on the pitch as possible.

What i don't immediately think is - why don't we stick bruno fernandes as a centre back, bring on another right back and take off my young 70 million quid forward for a guy who's scored 10 league goals in about 3 years.

That's almost an act of sabotage ffs. What's his thinking there? He obviously knows a lot more about football than any of us so what in the name of £#%&!ing christ is he thinking there that's going to rescue the game for us?

Because one thing great managers all have in common is that they can make adjustments and changes during matches to turn a game when it looks like it's going against them.

Maybe i'm too used to watching 20 years of United under ferguson when he would finish the game with 4 strikers on the pitch and laying siege to the opposition goal, maybe i'm expecting too much for manchester united to try and win a game by attacking.

But watching brighton casually stroking the ball around their back line whilst our players just sort of made half arsed attempts to get near them was as disheartening as it was utterly enraging. With 40 mins to go, at home, not one person in that £#%&!ing stadium expected manchester united to win that game and it seems i include the manager in that. And that's downright disgraceful.

Unread 16-09-2023, 09:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

He took Hoijlund off because it was his first start and the tired wisdom is to bed players in and not put too much pressure on them. It’s tired thinking though. Especially when the replacement is toxic and the very epitome of United’s demise. It wasn’t the most stupid technical move but just totally not reading the room type shit. Naive and it sucked away the little life we had. The blame for our defeat was our appalling midfield though imo - obvs rashers contributed. Also having zero right wing. Wtf?

Casimero ‘I will fix this’ one of the worst culprits for me today. I will £#%&! this more like.

We’re so easy to play against it’s unreal.

Brightons manager lining himself up to be pep’s replacement at this rate.

Unread 16-09-2023, 09:35 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He took Hoijlund off because it was his first start and the tired wisdom is to bed players in and not put too much pressure on them. It’s tired thinking though. Especially when the replacement is toxic and the very epitome of United’s demise. It wasn’t the most stupid technical move but just totally not reading the room type shit. Naive and it sucked away the little life we had. The blame for our defeat was our appalling midfield though imo - obvs rashers contributed. Also having zero right wing. Wtf?

Casimero ‘I will fix this’ one of the worst culprits for me today. I will £#%&! this more like.

We’re so easy to play against it’s unreal.

Brightons manager lining himself up to be pep’s replacement at this rate.
Or ETH's...

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:19 PM
My Name is Heath

today would have been a great day for a young English super talent up front.

On an unrelated note, Getafe will do well this year.

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

How long do you think it will take before Hojlund gets sick of making runs like this only to see Rashford stuff the ball into the side netting?

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:34 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How long do you think it will take before Hojlund gets sick of making runs like this only to see Rashford stuff the ball into the side netting?

I worry Rashford is too old to change his play now

Perhaps we should cash in

He has that awful greedy tendency for sure

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:34 PM
Medlock

In many long years supporting United I don't remember starting the season with 5 such bad performances

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:38 PM
larry

Quote:
my post after the arsenal game which the rest are now starting to realise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
got the feeling yesterday that garnacho and rasmus might hit it off on the pitch and looks like they're best buddies already

not so sure rashford has the intelligence or the drive to form a trio though.. we could be looking at a garnacho rasmus antony front 3 in the future. rashford off the bench until he learns not to pull out of tackles at least.
rasmus will get rashford dropped soon enough. it's a ruud / ronaldo thing where the better player will win in the end.

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:43 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by medlock
in many long years supporting united i don't remember starting the season with 5 such bad performances

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:44 PM
Stickman

The manager does need to seriously up his game. We’re as discombobulated a mess as we were under Ole and Ralf right now. Another whipping is near.

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:45 PM
RedNick80

Quote:

Yes tragic. Only himself to blame. Despite everything I’m glad he wasn’t there.

Unread 16-09-2023, 10:46 PM
Medlock

Quote:

I worry Rashford is too old to change his play now

Perhaps we should cash in

He has that awful greedy tendency for sure
What I liked here was the way Rasmus slid in and was determined to get to the ball. It's been a while since we've had a CF who looks like they crave goals in this way.

Unread 16-09-2023, 11:03 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
What I liked here was the way Rasmus slid in and was determined to get to the ball. It's been a while since we've had a CF who looks like they crave goals in this way.
Looks like a proper striker

A rare highlight

Unread 16-09-2023, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Looks like a proper striker

A rare highlight
It’s a shame the team aren’t in anyway set up to cater to him

Unread 16-09-2023, 11:04 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Yes tragic. Only himself to blame. Despite everything I’m glad he wasn’t there.
Absolutely but I still wish none of it had happened and he’d have played with us today.

Him Rasmus and Garnacho woukd have been an amazing front 3

Unread 17-09-2023, 12:53 AM
Kent Brockman

Mount coming back, especially if he’s played on the right, could be a good supply for Højlund.

Unread 17-09-2023, 02:37 AM
Stickman

Regardless from what sort of place their criticism is coming from, the vast majority of that is spot on.

Unread 17-09-2023, 05:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He got a lot wrong today. He signed half of this team and we should be doing better than this. We desperately need a couple of big wins now or it's a very slippery slope.

I'm not entirely sure what our playing style and game plan is to be honest. We're extremely vulnerable to quick counter attacks, we struggle to find our centre forward and our heads drop far too easily. When things are going wrong both EtH and the team struggle to adjust. It's tough to watch.

At half time we were still in the game. We needed someone like pellestri who could find Hoijland. But we sent the same team out and paid the price.

I'd like us to start Garnacho and Pellestri, it should give us better balance.
Same. As players come in I keep expecting things to fall into place, but what's changed? Lots of passing around the back and then hit long on the counter? Been doing that for years now. Aside from more (unproductive) touches from the keeper, where's this new way of playing? Do we need to wait for Mount and Arambat? Will that make a difference? I doubt it.

Awful subs yesterday as well.

Quote:

Rashford needs to get it out of his head that he's Mbappe and can just run goals in. So frustrating.
Closed Thread