United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:30 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It still wouldn’t surprise me if we sneaked out of this group on account of Copenhagen and Galatasary being absolutely shit. Play like we did with 11 men over there and we’ll beat them. Bayern as a dead rubber at home is winnable.

R.
What in the name of christ are you basing any of that on? Galatasaray are more than enough to give this United side a £#%&!ing good beating at their place. And as for Bayern, what on earth makes you think we're good enough to beat whatever kind of team they put out?

We look a team who are completely out of their depth at this level, which is what we are.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:34 AM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Why is she a 'slag'?
Quote:
Why slag?

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:39 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What in the name of christ are you basing any of that on? Galatasaray are more than enough to give this United side a £#%&!ing good beating at their place. And as for Bayern, what on earth makes you think we're good enough to beat whatever kind of team they put out?

We look a team who are completely out of their depth at this level, which is what we are.
"...now go out there and do your best"

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:51 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"...now go out there and do your best"

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:07 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Why is she a 'slag'?
Quote:
Why slag?
Only bird you’ve ever fancied son?

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:50 AM
croady26

We should have defended those 3rd and 4th goals so much better than we did,however there is no doubt Rashford sending off changed the game. I really wish they wouldn't use still images on VAR red card decisions.

We can beat Galatasaray if we start the game like we did tonight,bigger worry is how bothered will Bayern be about that Copenhagen game.

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:59 AM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
We should have defended those 3rd and 4th goals so much better than we did,however there is no doubt Rashford sending off changed the game. I really wish they wouldn't use still images on VAR red card decisions.

We can beat Galatasaray if we start the game like we did tonight,bigger worry is how bothered will Bayern be about that Copenhagen game.
Same coach who went 2-0 at home in the semi final v Spurs w/ Ajax then conspired to lose 3-2 in final 30 min with various mad cap goals conceded.

Far too much smoke to be without fire re: ETH now. His teams are blowing up time and time again. Be it 18 goals in 4 league aways at City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Newcastle last season or nights like tonight. When the pressure is on in certain circumstances or he needs game-management we conspire to less shoot ourselves in the feet than blow the whole leg off.

Even with the sending off, the win should have been a formality with a 2-0 lead against a side of Copenhagen's quality.

Unread 09-11-2023, 03:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
Same coach who went 2-0 at home in the semi final v Spurs w/ Ajax then conspired to lose 3-2 in final 30 min with various mad cap goals conceded.

Far too much smoke to be without fire re: ETH now. His teams are blowing up time and time again. Be it 18 goals in 4 league aways at City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Newcastle last season or nights like tonight. When the pressure is on in certain circumstances or he needs game-management we conspire to less shoot ourselves in the feet than blow the whole leg off.

Even with the sending off, the win should have been a formality with a 2-0 lead against a side of Copenhagen's quality.
This. We were comfortable in possession, even with 10, but every time they attacked we panicked. £#%&!ing Dalot again. And Onana made of paper at times. Positive: no Rashford next game I assume.

Unread 09-11-2023, 04:40 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen

Yeah clearly these players get too over emotional when in control and just melt down. Erik does have to take some criticism for not arresting this from happening so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
This. We were comfortable in possession, even with 10, but every time they attacked we panicked. £#%&!ing Dalot again. And Onana made of paper at times. Positive: no Rashford next game I assume.
Rashford will miss the next 3 European games,who knows whether that third one is this season or next one

Unread 09-11-2023, 06:22 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Imagine needing legs and aggression in midfield and playing The Scottish Player over Hannibal.
He’d be shown a red in the first five minutes tbf

Unread 09-11-2023, 06:25 AM
Patty_b

Completely bereft of any sort of confidence. Should have been able to see a win out when Rashford was sent off, but instead it was complete and utter capitulation. The panic at the back at times is ridiculous, worse than non league. In the first minute The Scottish Player managed to panic shank one straight at Maguire's arm instead of clearing it, which just set the tone for us defensively all night.

But it wasn't a red card and it wasn't a penalty. Without that red card it looked like we could've been 4 or 5 up by the end of the game. As bad as we were defensively at times, and for how badly we capitulated, the officiating and how much it affected the flow and result of the game was once again a massive £#%&!ing joke.

I can take watching us lose week after week if needs be as much as I don't like to see it, but I'm not sure how much longer I can carry on watching football if it's being officiated in the way it is currently.

Unread 09-11-2023, 07:15 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Completely bereft of any sort of confidence. Should have been able to see a win out when Rashford was sent off, but instead it was complete and utter capitulation. The panic at the back at times is ridiculous, worse than non league. In the first minute The Scottish Player managed to panic shank one straight at Maguire's arm instead of clearing it, which just set the tone for us defensively all night.

But it wasn't a red card and it wasn't a penalty. Without that red card it looked like we could've been 4 or 5 up by the end of the game. As bad as we were defensively at times, and for how badly we capitulated, the officiating and how much it affected the flow and result of the game was once again a massive £#%&!ing joke.

I can take watching us lose week after week if needs be as much as I don't like to see it, but I'm not sure how much longer I can carry on watching football if it's being officiated in the way it is currently.
Agreed. It's spoilt the game. Most games you watch now, it's smothered by bad VAR calls and baffling refereeing. We'd have pissed that game last night and been in a decent spot to qualify. One ridiculous decision and the game has gone 360 the other way. Disgusting. I've had enough if the bullshit.

Unread 09-11-2023, 07:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agreed. It's spoilt the game. Most games you watch now, it's smothered by bad VAR calls and baffling refereeing. We'd have pissed that game last night and been in a decent spot to qualify. One ridiculous decision and the game has gone 360 the other way. Disgusting. I've had enough if the bullshit.
It must be affecting the players as well. It's no wonder they have no confidence in anything they do.

Against City we were well in the game until Rohdri throws himself to the ground in the box, nothing happens and the game carries on then all of a sudden the games pulled back 2 minutes and a penalty given out of nowhere.

Against Fulham we go 1 up inside 10 minutes and they spend five minutes trying to find a reason to scratch it off, creating new terminology in the process to justify it.

Then last night Rashford steps on someones ankle by accident while trying to protect the ball, the 4 officials that are actually on the pitch see nothing wrong with it, but a bunch of football virgins sitting in a caravan somewhere decide that the referee needs to take a long look at a still picture which makes it look 100x worse than it actually was and get him sent off. Then a player kicks the ball against the top of Maguires arm from 10 inches away and it's a penalty.

What the £#%&! are the players meant to do at this point? Might as well play walking football with no physical contact and no ball over head height if this is how they're going to enforce the rules.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
If it went 360 we’d have continued in the same direction.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:08 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
If it went 360 we’d have continued in the same direction.

Didn’t see it just read here and watched the highlights and it seems one of them games we were destined to lose regardless how we played.

Not the usual attitude I like to take but being out of the cups early this year will be a blessing in disguise for ten Hag. Just get everyone back in then new year and spend the second half just trying to work out something to strengthen us for following seasons.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I did say ‘sneak’ tbf.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:20 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Didn’t see it just read here and watched the highlights and it seems one of them games we were destined to lose regardless how we played.

Not the usual attitude I like to take but being out of the cups early this year will be a blessing in disguise for ten Hag. Just get everyone back in then new year and spend the second half just trying to work out something to strengthen us for following seasons.
what a miserable season. the foundation really set in that miserable summer window

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:21 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The sooner him and Casemiro are off the books the better which is a shame with the latter especially he was brilliant last year but looked overweight from
The off this season and it’s not helped he’s been left alone in that midfield in the games he’s played.
one dm seems to be 10h's limit. last night... none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
only way he doesnt touch that is if you chop off his arms
finally, larry comes up with a sensible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by united_1878
hoping he's just getting up to speed because of a lack of pre-season and playing time.
that and not having a midfield in which to play and the rest of them playing like @#%&!s.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:37 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Agree with this.

Think the cup runs last year didn't actual help us.

Was just game after game after game.

No time for training and tactics.

One game a week from January will give ETH time to mold and shape the team as he wants and will help us kick on next season.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Agree with this.

Think the cup runs last year didn't actual help us.

Was just game after game after game.

No time for training and tactics.

One game a week from January will give ETH time to mold and shape the team as he wants and will help us kick on next season.
Pipe dream.

We are £#%&!ing clueless.