United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-04-2023, 10:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

If ETH has categorically ruled out it being Achilles then that is a huge relief

Will probably miss the rest of this season whatever it is but hopefully back for next season

Unread 13-04-2023, 10:53 PM
Ethers

That is absolutely wonderful news.

Metatarsals can be 4 weekers can’t they?

Unread 13-04-2023, 10:54 PM
puressence

Such a non event injury. Really odd how it just happened hopefully on the bench Sunday

Unread 13-04-2023, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

That is absolutely wonderful news.

Metatarsals can be 4 weekers can’t they?
nah. not really, i'd say more like 8. his season's over. What a gutter but thank £#%&! it isn't something worse.

Unread 13-04-2023, 10:59 PM
armchair

Yeah, I thought people were mad saying achilles but it was just so odd. It looked like an ankle injury from almost nothing. 8 weeks is better than a year.

Unread 13-04-2023, 11:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Such a non event injury. Really odd how it just happened hopefully on the bench Sunday
Shit pitch. Blame the glazers.

Unread 13-04-2023, 11:01 PM
anxious63

if shaw can get fit he could play centre half but malcia was awful tonight , nearly same players playing every game was bound to happen, desperately need a couple back soon and others to really step up in next few games , bit concerned now for run in now

Unread 13-04-2023, 11:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
nah. not really, i'd say more like 8. his season's over. What a gutter but thank £#%&! it isn't something worse.
Yeah just had a look and seems Beckham coming back in 7 weeks is at the shortest end of the scale. Still, infinitely preferable to the other alternatives.

Unread 13-04-2023, 11:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious63
if shaw can get fit he could play centre half but malcia was awful tonight , nearly same players playing every game was bound to happen, desperately need a couple back soon and others to really step up in next few games , bit concerned now for run in now
If shaw is fit , he plays LB. You play your best players in their best position

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah just had a look and seems Beckham coming back in 7 weeks is at the shortest end of the scale. Still, infinitely preferable to the other alternatives.
He'll be the 3rd player we've had this season going around with a £#%&!ing cast on his foot

We've been absolutely jinxed for injuries.

Ethers

Unread 13-04-2023, 11:15 PM
dunk

He grabs at his foot, and his boot looks like it twists as he sets off. That said, afterward he’s reaching round the back of his leg

I thought foot initially, I’m now starting to get worried it is the Achilles

Unread 14-04-2023, 09:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Foot, Achilles. Either way, his season is done.

Fourth player we’ve seen this season walking out of OT on crutches.

Absolutely gutted about that. I’d have lost 4-0 last night if it meant that not happening to him.

Unread 14-04-2023, 11:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Foot, Achilles. Either way, his season is done.

Fourth player we’ve seen this season walking out of OT on crutches.

Absolutely gutted about that. I’d have lost 4-0 last night if it meant that not happening to him.
Just keeping his weight off the trouble area, as he would do with a relatively minor injury.

Could be bad. Might not be. We’ll soon have an idea.

Unread 14-04-2023, 11:21 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

watching it again i'd be amazed if it's achilles. given that he's not put some much pressure on it, not a tight twist, no collision, i'd be pretty optimistic

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-intern...JYHz01GRH.html

worst case scenario - metatarsal
best case - strained tendons (foot or ankle)

they'll boot him up and crutches till they can get a good reading on it

Unread 14-04-2023, 12:32 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
watching it again i'd be amazed if it's achilles. given that he's not put some much pressure on it, not a tight twist, no collision, i'd be pretty optimistic

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-intern...JYHz01GRH.html

worst case scenario - metatarsal
best case - strained tendons (foot or ankle)

they'll boot him up and crutches till they can get a good reading on it
Watched it again myself and it looks like the right side of his foot gets twisted a bit so possibly tendons. Even a broken metatarsal needs some sort of impact you would think.

Unread 14-04-2023, 12:37 PM
armchair

stress fracture maybe. could've been about to go for a while.

Unread 14-04-2023, 12:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:03 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Even a broken metatarsal needs some sort of impact you would think.
Nope, you can break the metatarsal through a twist of the foot. I've done it myself. It's what I thought of as soon as I saw it.

https://footeducation.com/5th-metata...cers-fracture/

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:10 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
Nope, you can break the metatarsal through a twist of the foot. I've done it myself. It's what I thought of as soon as I saw it.

https://footeducation.com/5th-metata...cers-fracture/
If it's that then I'll take it. I really thought it was his Achilles when I saw it last night, which would have probably been about 9 £#%&!ing months and missing a big chunk of next season aswell

EtH's comments I'm hoping point to something not as serious