United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Please stop this

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Absolutely. For all we’ve struggled for goals in the league, we’ve scored 9 goals in 4 matches in the CL… and still shipped 11.

It’s when we and how concede too. Crucial moments.

Munich:
while we’re on top. Onana £#%&! up.
Then another straight after. Player unmarked.
Get back into it and concede right away. Penalty concession.
Score again, concede right away.

Galatasaray:
Dalot going to sleep again.
Score, concede straight after.
manage to escape a missed pen and still concede

copenjagen at home:
concede a 95th minute penalty

tonight:
red card
penalty. rigjt before half time
two goals in quick succession

yes, some of the decisions are harsh, but there's a pattern of carelessness and self-destruction in this group.

4 pens conceded, 11 goals conceded and 2 red cards….all in a group that should have been comfortable. after just 4 games.

as you say, weve no right being here. this competition is meant to be reward and reflection of being elite. i feel like we're £#%&!ing celtic or some chancers that are hoping to squeeze through.
It's not an accident that we're conceding all these penalties. I know they're harsh but you don't see teams like bayern or City getting these because they defend their box properly and don't allow these chaotic situations to develop.

We are an absolute dream to play against at times because we open up and present the entire pitch to teams when they're attacking. We're constantly back-peddling and trying to recover positions, lunging into tackles and generally displaying a complete lack of composure.

We self destruct. All the time. We've been unlucky but a proper side could have easily seen off that Copenhagen team having been 2-0 up and down to 10 men. Easily. We simply can't because the painful truth is that 11 we put out tonight is not fit to be in this competition.

Johnny £#%&!ing Evans starting a must win champions league tie in 2023. £#%&!ing state of the club.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:36 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I'm close to jacking it all in tbh, and I know it's sour grapes because we lost again, but VAR really has killed something for me. I'm sick to death of watching us score and feeling nothing in case it gets looked at because someones earlobe might have been offside or there was a slight push in the build-up ten minutes earlier. Football shouldn't be like this, it's killing it. And I feel the same when it's in our favour - that penalty we got was a joke. No way in a million years should that obviously accidental contact - which didn't give the player any advantage - be penalised.
It’s not sour grapes.

Being a supporter is 98% pain and anxiety. But you go through it because the pay off comes in those moments of unadulterated joy, making it all worthwhile.

They’ve stolen those moments from us. And all they’ve replaced them with is bewilderment. We don’t get to have those moments which make it worthwhile anymore.

The beauty of football was in its spontaneity. VAR is the enemy of spontaneity. So I can only conclude that VAR is the enemy of football.

Was it really worth taking all the crazy joy out of the game just so they can get the (very £#%&!ing debatable) “right” decisions?

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:38 PM
The taste of...

Scholesy and Hargreaves kept pissing on that slags attempts to get Eric sacked. They know.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:38 PM
Dr Stranger

All 5 of Hojlund’s goals for the club have been consolations.

Well done, United.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm at the point where what is bad for Ratcliffe and the Glazer's is good for the club long-term.
Not convinced about SJR being bad tbh, what if the only way the gimps can actually be removed is by stealth?

I will £#%&!ing take the chance the way things are right now, anyway.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:40 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Scholesy and Hargreaves kept pissing on that slags attempts to get Eric sacked. They know.
Why is she a 'slag'?

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
It’s not sour grapes.

Being a supporter is 98% pain and anxiety. But you go through it because the pay off comes in those moments of unadulterated joy, making it all worthwhile.

They’ve stolen those moments from us. And all they’ve replaced them with is bewilderment. We don’t get to have those moments which make it worthwhile anymore.

The beauty of football was in its spontaneity. VAR is the enemy of spontaneity. So I can only conclude that VAR is the enemy of football.

Was it really worth taking all the crazy joy out of the game just so they can get the (very £#%&!ing debatable) “right” decisions?
Very very well said.

That what it boils down to for me: no amount of correct decisions* is worth not celebrating a goal.

We’ve watched football for 100 years with injustice and we still keep coming back. We didn’t need any of it.
*which they do improve anyway

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:41 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not convinced about SJR being bad tbh, what if the only way the gimps can actually be removed is by stealth?

I will £#%&!ing take the chance the way things are right now, anyway.

That's the Spirit.

One for the plane nerds

The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Why is she a 'slag'?
Sorry, ABU slag

red in cumbria

Quote:
All 5 of Hojlund’s goals for the club have been consolations.

Well done, United.
What an absolutely ridiculous stat.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:43 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Sorry, ABU slag
Why slag?

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:45 PM
Tuco

Imagine needing legs and aggression in midfield and playing The Scottish Player over Hannibal.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:46 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Does anyone actually think qualifying from this group will lead to anything other than a £#%&!ing live, two-legged execution at the hands of one of europe's elite teams?

My £#%&!ing god if this is how easy teams like Galatasaray and Copenhagen cut through us, i dread to think what's going to happen when a team like Madrid or whoever get a hold of us.

Nah, £#%&! that. Just take our medicine and bow out now. Having one game a week in the new year would probably do this lot the world of good after the last 18 months.
Whilst not exactly delighted at the media pile-on going out of this will cause. I’d be very happy not to have another Europa slog or our obligatory knockout against a load of Spanish shithouses diving all over the place.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:46 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
It’s not sour grapes.

wasn't var supposed to be for clear and obvious errors? 95% of decisions have to be analysed frame by frame to make the (wrong) decision. Surely that isn't what its supposed to be doing

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:51 PM
Dr Stranger

It still wouldn’t surprise me if we sneaked out of this group on account of Copenhagen and Galatasary being absolutely shit. Play like we did with 11 men over there and we’ll beat them. Bayern as a dead rubber at home is winnable.

Regardless of whether we do or not, it just feels like a damp squib now. We spend all season fighting tooth and nail to get in the CL, only to look like utter shit when we get there.

There’s not even any glamour to losing to shite like Copenhagen. We’re buzzing off a 95th minute penalty save and losing painfully to Galatasary and Copenhagen. Might as well be in the Europa.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:54 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
If you're still backing Dalot, Maguire, Rashford, AWB, The Scottish Player and the Glazers over the manager then you're a moron.
What are you on about you boring bastard?

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:08 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Very very well said.

That what it boils down to for me: no amount of correct decisions* is worth not celebrating a goal.

We’ve watched football for 100 years with injustice and we still keep coming back. We didn’t need any of it.
*which they do improve anyway
If it worked well, that would help. But it actually makes it worse. A freeze frame image of a player apparently treading on another player’s ankle always looks terrible.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:13 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
If it worked well, that would help. But it actually makes it worse. A freeze frame image of a player apparently treading on another player’s ankle always looks terrible.
It was always going too as well, because so few decisions are matter of fact. Only really goal line tech and offside, and even offside causes controversy.

All it was ever going to do was going to bring more decisions to the table and more eyes on the decisions. For all the ‘tech’, it’s still just blokes making a decisions.

Instead of one guy, it’s four. Instead of some decisions, it’s loads. Officiating should be a background aspect of the sport and it’s fast becoming its main feature and talking point. We’ve refs on sky sports news, on panel shows…they even had Mike Dean in the commentary box for the derby last week. I want less focus on officiating, not more.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:18 AM
VanHaaksbergen

Couple of fortuitous 1 nils against dross disguises little. In game management is atrocious. Tonight just another example in a litany of blow ups. Some absolutely mind bogglingly sensational horrors away from home over the past 12 months.

Conceding 4 goals in less than an hour against Copenhagen ffs

Job is far too big for him