United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:19 PM
dunk

That could well have been The Scottish Player's best ever game for United tbh.

Think I've got PTSD from that first half

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:22 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Think I've got PTSD from that first half
Likewise.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Still putting the pieces together

and we're done.

oh.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:42 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

and we're done.

oh.
Still

I’m aware there’s a piece down the back of the sofa.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I’m aware there’s a piece down the back of the sofa.
that is literally our war chest.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:53 PM
sweetleftfoot

The amount of piss boiled by us signing Ronaldo and then winning todays game by not playing well only proves how relevent we remain despite not having won the League since Fergie left.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
The amount of piss boiled by us signing Ronaldo and then winning todays game by not playing well only proves how relevent we remain despite not having won the League since Fergie left.

Hated, adored, never ignored.
indeed. but with a shit midfield of which we should all be ashamed. I don't care about boiling piss; I care about being competitive.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:19 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
indeed. but with a shit midfield of which we should all be ashamed. I don't care about boiling piss; I care about being competitive.
We finished 2nd last season and have improved the squad. We have won 2 and drawn 1 this season, 2 aways included, so we are competitive by definition?

What we aren't is blowing teams away, and others are. I would love for Camavinga to come in but it isn't going to happen. We are lumbered with McFred, Matic and Pogba. Van de Beek obviously isn't fancied, and the goblin will be sold for Ronnies wages.

Im just enjoying everyone hating us again. Its our place in the world and I find it comforting.

Unread 29-08-2021, 09:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
We finished 2nd last season and have improved the squad. We have won 2 and drawn 1 this season, 2 aways included, so we are competitive by definition?
we've played three shit teams and we were miles from competitive last season. soz.

Unread 29-08-2021, 10:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we've played three shit teams and we were miles from competitive last season. soz.
No not really, we were actually top of the table for a short while after the new year. Faded at the end for various reasons, which maybe gives a slightly misleading impression overall.

Unread 29-08-2021, 11:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
No not really, we were actually top of the table for a short while after the new year. Faded at the end for various reasons, which maybe gives a slightly misleading impression overall.
we missed pogba and we had some shit decisions go against us (sheff utd...and for city... villa offside), but.... be honest.... being top flattered us. we played some shit football.

Unread 30-08-2021, 03:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Agree but the hope is we'll get better. The players are there (except in midfield).

End of last season's concerns about the manager persist though - he won't always get saved by individual brilliance.

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:02 AM
windy waffles

Was Sancho even on the pitch yesterday?

Worst full debut I've seen for a long while.

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:08 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

It got me thinking about that leaked menu from the other week - defo think Sancho is a plain cheeseburger and chips guy with Jesse and Sheezy. It’s shaken my faith, ngl.

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:28 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Calling it now.

He will flop.

He’s the black Kagawa. A Blakagawa. Should have got Bellingham from Dortmund instead.

Unread 30-08-2021, 08:50 AM
MUFC One Love

Good win but what was the shape about? It was a mess. Ole has got to improve on some things otherwise he will be in trouble. We won't get away with it all the time.

Unread 30-08-2021, 09:30 AM
shenwen

Please tell me we’re not worrying about Sancho for £#%&!s sake? Once he’s played in the right position and in a settled team, he’ll be fine. Can already see his ball retention and passing is first class.

I’m worrying more about Heathers. What kind of medication has he been on after that surgery? First Henderson, then Lindelof for CM and now writing off Sancho after one game. Something’s off there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Good win but what was the shape about? It was a mess. Ole has got to improve on some things otherwise he will be in trouble. We won't get away with it all the time.
It was a shambles, again. That midfield pairing won’t work, ever. Playing James on the right rather than Sancho is clearly idiotic. Wee following a similar pattern to last season. Start off a mess and (mostly) recover thanks to the sheer quality of some of our players.

Unread 30-08-2021, 09:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that, de gea's saves, mason's goal.....brilliant. the problem is that we are relying on moments of individual brilliance and not team performances. we are so much less than the sum of the parts. and the midfield is a black hole.
Sums it up. One of the most disjointed performances I've ever seen but we won.

If we're not buying anyone I have no idea how ole fixes the midfield. It's disgusting. How hard can it be to buy a competent DM?

Fred is an absolute abomination. Just awful. The ethelaustin kante.

Unread 30-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Please tell me we’re not worrying about Sancho for £#%&!s sake? Once he’s played in the right position and in a settled team, he’ll be fine. Can already see his ball retention and passing is first class.

I’m worrying more about Heathers. What kind of medication has he been on after that surgery? First Henderson, then Lingard and now writing off Sancho after one game. Something’s off there.

It was a shambles, again. That midfield pairing won’t work, ever. Playing James on the right rather than Sancho is clearly idiotic. Wee following a similar pattern to last season. Start off a mess and (mostly) recover thanks to the sheer quality of some of our players.
Dont disagree but I think even Ole’s shite set up can’t explain how poor we were in the 1st half. I’m not sure Fred being Fred can either. Bruno was garbage for the majority of yesterday as was Shaw and many others. None of that is on ole.

My main issue is that none of the problems of last season have been eliminated. We’re hot cold stop start. It’s not a title winning foundation - that’s for sure and we have a squad capable of winning it this year.

If he can’t fix it then he’ll be gone by the end of the year and that will be fair enough.

Unread 30-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Stickman

Can laugh about it now because we won but by god that first half hour especially they were just running through the middle of us in invisibility cloaks.