United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-05-2012, 12:41 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
not as depressing as next Sunday is gonna be
...& the following few days after that- open top bus parades:shakehead:

I don't even give a shit if Chelsea do win the European Cup tbh (which they certainly will lets be honest) ...it's been the season from hell.

At least the Euro's will give Fergie & Gill the opportunity to not buy anybody any £#%&!ing good.

Unread 07-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Sparky***

The worst part for me, by far, is that we've gone down without a whimper.

Just like how we got dumped out of every single cup competition. Spineless surrender.

I remember when if we lost a game 1-0, the opposition keeper would get motm or one of their defenders would have the game of his life. Not this season. The likes of £#%&!ing wigan seeing out a comfortable 1-0 win against us and both derbies have been sickening to watch.

That's what sticks in the throat. If we go down 1-0 at city after hitting the post or bar & joe hart making a few top class saves, you can say "well they gave it their all, they just weren't good enough on the night" but this insipid, dawdling, risk-free, tentative shite is a betrayal of everything i've grown to love about United since i was a boy.

When i started watching United you knew that the other team would have some better players, but you knew United would never have the piss taken out of them. I remember in one of the first games i went to old trafford when i was 10 we were playing liverpool in the league cup. they were reigning champions at the time and obviously had a better team but we were magnificent that night and @#%&!ted them 3-1 bruce, hughes and sharpe scored but it should have been about 5. Now in terms of technical ability you'd say this current united team would probably be streets ahead of that one - but in terms of pure desire, heart and £#%&!ing willpower the united team i saw in october 1990 would shit on this one from a £#%&!ing height.

Unread 07-05-2012, 02:09 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Just like how we got dumped out of every single cup competition. Spineless surrender.

I remember when if we lost a game 1-0, the opposition keeper would get motm or one of their defenders would have the game of his life. Not this season. The likes of £#%&!ing wigan seeing out a comfortable 1-0 win against us and both derbies have been sickening to watch.

That's what sticks in the throat. If we go down 1-0 at city after hitting the post or bar & joe hart making a few top class saves, you can say "well they gave it their all, they just weren't good enough on the night" but this insipid, dawdling, risk-free, tentative shite is a betrayal of everything i've grown to love about United since i was a boy.

When i started watching United you knew that the other team would have some better players, but you knew United would never have the piss taken out of them. I remember in one of the first games i went to old trafford when i was 10 we were playing liverpool in the league cup. they were reigning champions at the time and obviously had a better team but we were magnificent that night and @#%&!ted them 3-1 bruce, hughes and sharpe scored but it should have been about 5. Now in terms of technical ability you'd say this current united team would probably be streets ahead of that one - but in terms of pure desire, heart and £#%&!ing willpower the united team i saw in october 1990 would shit on this one from a £#%&!ing height.
I agree with a lot of that, and in a strange way it might actually do us a favour to win nish this year. I would hate for us to be able to paper over the cracks with a prem trophy when we all know that in a lot of other areas we have been poor.

Fergie's benchmark was to close the gap on Barcelona, implying that only they were our european superiors. What happened in reality was that we lost ground, not only on them but most of Europes elite. This cannot be denied, not even by the great man.

No trophies = no excuses. Maybe this is just what we need.

Unread 07-05-2012, 02:14 AM
utd99

Quote:
not as depressing as next Sunday is gonna be
Do what Fergie does, complete media boycott. If City go two up at any point or are winning with 2 minutes left, off goes the telly, unplug the computer, don't buy a paper or listen to the radio for a week.

I point blank refuse to look at a bitter holding our trophy. That would be like watching Balotelli and Tevez spitroasting your missus.

Unread 07-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Classic Kev this, instead of admitting we're £#%&!ing mince and that he's been talking shit all season because he's a £#%&!ing tedious team switching top red wannabe, he finds something completely irrelevant someone else has said and jumps all over it while playing his bagpipes in a cringeworthy attempt to prove he's the biggest United fan on here.

Unread 07-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

I point blank refuse to look at a bitter holding our trophy.
That's a Tad arrogant tbf....

We have no right to win it every year.

Unread 07-05-2012, 02:36 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That's a Tad arrogant tbf....

We have no right to win it every year.
I meant "ours" more in the context of being current champions rather than any inherent right to it.

Unread 07-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
korea is in north east asia. thought a man of the world like you would be onto that one
East Asia actually.....
And I did intend to refer to South East Asia..... Check the 'merchandise' statistics. Not a conspiracy.

Unread 07-05-2012, 03:05 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon
East Asia actually.....
And I did intend to refer to South East Asia..... Check the 'merchandise' statistics. Not a conspiracy.
who cares, just die right now.

then wake up and post more excellence tomorrow

#@&%!

Unread 07-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
who cares, just die right now.

then wake up and post more excellence tomorrow

#@&%!
Cheers mate, nice to hear from you on RI by the way

Unread 07-05-2012, 03:16 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon
Cheers mate, nice to hear from you on RI by the way

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM
believe

It's going to be a long long summer. Can we put the following people on suicide watch please. Check there facebooks regularly, everything.

Sparky
Kev
MJ Ramone
Me.

CIA.

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
nope you are in fact wrong, it was Evans who failed to track Pienaar
It was also Scholes who watched Pienaar run beyond him without reacting. It was a shit goal with Rafael/Evans and to a lesser extent Scholes all culpable.

I would be wanting to know why Utd backed off and looked to defend the box and made it easy for Everton to put balls in.

Rafael had a poor defensive game against Everton and made that mistake against Bilbao but apart from that his defending has been ok. He gets blamed for the Mata goal at Chelsea, which was a world class cross and volley.

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Great post, exactly how I've felt. Where was the late rally against city? It was only 1-0. Every match I hear the commentator say something about United 'never accepting defeat until its over' and I think 'you're about three years out of date pal'. This team is just like any other, there's nothing special or magical about them whatsoever. Plodding, passionless shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I agree with a lot of that, and in a strange way it might actually do us a favour to win nish this year. I would hate for us to be able to paper over the cracks with a prem trophy when we all know that in a lot of other areas we have been poor.

Fergie's benchmark was to close the gap on Barcelona, implying that only they were our european superiors. What happened in reality was that we lost ground, not only on them but most of Europes elite. This cannot be denied, not even by the great man.

No trophies = no excuses. Maybe this is just what we need.
I'd like to think so but Fergie's age is a concern. One of his biggest ever achievements was rising to the challenge of Chelsea and wiping the floor with them -to win three titles on the bounce post-Abramovich was incredible. But he's over 70 now and at times has seemed bewildered this season. Complaining about 'not getting enough crosses in' against city was just baffling. Did he really think that was the problem?

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It's going to be a long long summer. Can we put the following people on suicide watch please. Check there facebooks regularly, everything.

Sparky
Kev
MJ Ramone
Me.

CIA.
Agreed... I'll get the champagne ready.

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Great post, exactly how I've felt. Where was the late rally against city? It was only 1-0. Every match I hear the commentator say something about United 'never accepting defeat until its over' and I think 'you're about three years out of date pal'. This team is just like any other, there's nothing special or magical about them whatsoever. Plodding, passionless shit.

I'd like to think so but Fergie's age is a concern. One of his biggest ever achievements was rising to the challenge of Chelsea and wiping the floor with them -to win three titles on the bounce post-Abramovich was incredible. But he's over 70 now and at times has seemed bewildered this season. Complaining about 'not getting enough crosses in' against city was just baffling. Did he really think that was the problem?
the biggest problem for saf imo is that should the miracle ever happen and the warchest is opened this summer, who knows how long it will take to make this team into a great side again? i agree that chelsea, arse and dippers are a million miles off but if we slip into another year of "transition" and any of them make headroads the gulf will be none too apparent.

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Agreed... I'll get the champagne ready.
I hope your child grows up to be a city fan.

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I hope your child grows up to be a city fan.
we'd have some bantz tbf.

Unread 07-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
the biggest problem for saf imo is that should the miracle ever happen and the warchest is opened this summer, who knows how long it will take to make this team into a great side again? i agree that chelsea, arse and dippers are a million miles off but if we slip into another year of "transition" and any of them make headroads the gulf will be none too apparent.
It is not just the midfield that is the only issue anymore. The defence is in transition, VDS/Rio/Vidic/Evra, all world class players at stages of their Utd career, but Ed has retired, Rio looks to be close to that stage, Vidic has a bad injury to return from and Evra is not the player of 2 years ago.

Add wide players who outside of Nani are rather limited in their creative options.

With Berbatov going I am not sure that Rooney/Welbeck and Hernandez is quite good enough as a group to challenge for major trophies. The 2 younger ones are both very raw still, Welbeck has some superb games and a lot of poor ones, Hernandez is limited. Add to that Rooney playing as a deep lying striker and not really suiting that role and there are a few areas that need to be improved this summer.

Unread 07-05-2012, 08:33 AM
shenwen

edit