United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-01-2024, 11:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Richard keys hates ETH more than me it seems

https://x.com/beinsports_en/status/1...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

He isn’t wrong though.

This has been happening since wolves (h)

Didn’t know we only touched the ball twice in the box in the 2nd half.

Even kloops Liverpool at their worst would be a force to deal with at home. We are consistently 2nd best.
Pal, if Richard Keyes is offering an opinion on United then as a United fan, you are legally and morally bound to take the opposite position. It’s the law. If you’re a United fan that is.

That gorilla #@&%! is one of the most despicable @#%&!s to ever walk the earth. If he wants ETH out then I 100% want him in.

What next? Are you going to see what John Alridge thinks?

Literally £#%&! off with anything to do with Keyes.

Unread 14-01-2024, 11:13 PM
atticusgrinch

At least Shaw got to meet Freggle:

Unread 14-01-2024, 11:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

This has been happening since wolves (h)

Didn’t know we only touched the ball twice in the box in the 2nd half.

Even klopps Liverpool at their worst would be a force to deal with at home. We are consistently 2nd best.
It's not been since the wolves game, mate. It's been getting progressively worse since the league cup final in February last year. We had that abomination at Anfield and then it's like the whole season hit the skids. We eventually ended up falling over the line but we were far from convincing. This season has been appalling from the start. There's no other word to describe it. We started poorly and we've barely managed to raise our game above 'average' most of the time.

We've now managed two wins in our last 8 games and we're scoring at a rate comparable with Luton, Everton and Nottingham Forest. You keep watching, hoping that something will click and they'll burst into life one game but it's like watching the same shitty film over and over.

They might manage the odd moment here or there but there's nothing cohesive about any of it. "Disjointed" is the right word, every game it looks like 11 strangers thrown onto the pitch and told to play together. Everyone looks pissed off and miserable, the crowd have almost just accepted it now they can barely even muster a groan watching it.

I can't see beyond the manager getting canned at some point. The football is just so bad and our complete inability to impose ourselves on a game (aside from 20 mins v Aston Villa) coupled with registered pitiful amounts goals and shots, can't be allowed to continue. It won't, i'm sure.

Unread 14-01-2024, 11:44 PM
puressence

12 months ago today we beat city 2-1. Absolutely bonkers

Unread 14-01-2024, 11:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

It's insipid. I'm officially withdrawing my support for ETH.

Unread 14-01-2024, 11:46 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
12 months ago today we beat city 2-1. Absolutely bonkers
We should bring THAT manager back.

Unread 15-01-2024, 12:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Pal, if Richard Keyes is offering an opinion on United then as a United fan, you are legally and morally bound to take the opposite position. It’s the law. If you’re a United fan that is.

That gorilla #@&%! is one of the most despicable @#%&!s to ever walk the earth. If he wants ETH out then I 100% want him in.

What next? Are you going to see what John Alridge thinks?

Literally £#%&! off with anything to do with Keyes.
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
It's insipid. I'm officially withdrawing my support for ETH.
Who asked ?

Unread 15-01-2024, 12:35 AM
Ethers

2 touches in the box in the 2nd half is clearly a lie.

Unread 15-01-2024, 01:39 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It generally refers to when you win the ball in open play.
So transitioning quickly from defence to attack then? Isn’t that what I just said, and if so, why do we do it so slowly? If the ball’s in Onana’s hands then presumably we’ve just regained possession, so why does no £#%&!er actually sprint, actually try to catch them on the back foot? You know, ‘transition’ quickly.

Slow ponderous players who make far too many basic errors to ever offset the odd decent thing they do. You know, there’s this odd narrative that’s sprung up around Bruno that it’s somehow acceptable to be giving the ball away and making terrible decisions every five minutes simply because he “tries stuff”. Always throwing strops and acting like a petulant #@&%!, it’s becoming tiresome. Do his top level peers get that same pardon just because they try stuff? Because I don’t see Odegaard, de Bruyne, Silva, Maddison and the rest of them giving it away for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
‘Pure and Simple’

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
So starting to use the deadwood you inherited - getting rid of some - plugging gaps with what you can get, is different circumstances?
Using that logic, no one should ever get fired before four years are up you moron.

Unread 15-01-2024, 01:39 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
So transitioning quickly from defence to attack then? Isn’t that what I just said, and if so, why do we do it so slowly? If the ball’s in Onana’s hands then presumably we’ve just regained possession, so why does no £#%&!er actually sprint, actually try to catch them on the back foot? You know, ‘transition’ quickly.

Slow ponderous players who make far too many basic errors to ever offset the odd decent thing they do. You know, there’s this odd narrative that’s sprung up around Bruno that it’s somehow acceptable to be giving the ball away and making terrible decisions every five minutes simply because he “tries stuff”. Always throwing strops and acting like a petulant #@&%!, it’s becoming tiresome. Do his top level peers get that same pardon just because they try stuff? Because I don’t see Odegaard, de Bruyne, Silva, Maddison and the rest of them giving it away for fun.
No. It's counter-pressing and then immediately attacking. The idea is you break up an attack and counter while they don't have enough time to get back into defence.

It's such stat boy thing.

There is no plan to have possession except you hope to trick the opposition into over-committing to the press and launching a counter-attack based on that.

All ten hag's tactics revolve around someone losing the ball.

Unread 15-01-2024, 01:52 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
No. It's counter-pressing and then immediately attacking. The idea is you break up an attack and counter while they don't have enough time to get back into defence.

It's such stat boy thing.

There is no plan to have possession except you hope to trick the opposition into over-committing to the press and launching a counter-attack based on that.

All ten hag's tactics revolve around someone losing the ball.
He should give them Bruno then.

I think all genuine supporters desperately wanted him to succeed, he’s just not. No way we should be getting outplayed at home by Spurs’ missing half their team. He’s getting hard to defend.

Unread 15-01-2024, 03:30 AM
shenwen

Awful again. Made some good chances but invariably fell to Rashford to make a mess of them, or Dalot to give the keeper practice on crosses. Please let that be the last time we see Evans start a game. He looked exactly like a player even Leicester don't want. That McTomonay header. if he's not going to score, what is he going to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Every time he plays or subs on The Scottish Player, it shows he doesn't trust his own tactics and is just gambling on a 'lucky' player doing something.
He has become ETH's Felliani. Throw him up top and hope for the best. Fits what we're seeing in the pitch tbf. Complete lack of imagination. Fingers crossed for a bit of magic from one of the players, but no control, no style.

Unread 15-01-2024, 08:10 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty

Using that logic, no one should ever get fired before four years are up you moron.

It’s year two, how did it go not really getting past year two with the three previous? Bet you said it would be different this time and we have to do the hard yards….. now you’ve completely filled your nappy

Try being a supporter you £#%&!ing blue vein

Unread 15-01-2024, 09:48 AM
Jethro

The team is split down the middle. One lot follows the managers instructions and the other couldn’t give a shit. So many times Eriksen and Mainoo were open to a pass yet the defence tapped it about before aimlessly lobbing up field. You could actually see Eriksen getting annoyed. Basically inviting the press from Spurs. They didn’t get out of second gear. That is how bad we were.

Unread 15-01-2024, 09:52 AM
believe

Yeah I noticed a few spats yesterday, one with Bruno and Garnacho in particular. There’s definite frustration/tension on and off the pitch. I know it’s social media and you take it with a pinch of salt but the support Sancho is getting makes you wonder what’s really going on behind the scenes.

Unread 15-01-2024, 09:58 AM
Ethers

What support is Sancho getting?

Unread 15-01-2024, 10:03 AM
Hyman_Roth

That’s where I am with it. There’s too few senior players persuaded by the manager. Bruno and Rashford are 100% in that camp imv.

It’s a dogs dinner - no discernible strategy, lack lustre low energy performances and the players and our crowd having no confidence in what we’re doing.

Struggling to see how he continues if it’s like this for much longer but equally, things can turn round very quickly. I hope it does but I’ve lost a lot of faith in ten hag mainly due to his signings but also selections and tactics. Think he’s under more pressure because of ineos than he would be under the glazer shit show. They will want to demonstrate decisiveness if we continue to fall off the cliff. We’re 7th ffs and deservedly so.

Genuinely have no idea which other managers are out there and gettable. No names mentioned excite me. Think that’s ETH’s strongest hand possibly.

Unread 15-01-2024, 10:17 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
That’s where I am with it. There’s too few senior players persuaded by the manager. Bruno and Rashford are 100% in that camp imv.

It’s a dogs dinner - no discernible strategy, lack lustre low energy performances and the players and our crowd having no confidence in what we’re doing.

Struggling to see how he continues if it’s like this for much longer but equally, things can turn round very quickly. I hope it does but I’ve lost a lot of faith in ten hag mainly due to his signings but also selections and tactics. Think he’s under more pressure because of ineos than he would be under the glazer shit show. They will want to demonstrate decisiveness if we continue to fall off the cliff. We’re 7th ffs and deservedly so.

Genuinely have no idea which other managers are out there and gettable. No names mentioned excite me. Think that’s ETH’s strongest hand possibly.
This is why for me, he needs time to build from scratch rather than hand me downs and plasters over open wounds. Yes yes yes, we know about the failings of certain purchases. Unfortunately that's a symptom of the game.

Unread 15-01-2024, 10:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
This is why for me, he needs time .
Someone needs time, but it ain’t him.

Unread 15-01-2024, 10:39 AM
shenwen

No one (except Pep) is going to be given the opportunity to build from scratch. He needs to earn his money by taking what he's inherited and building on that, and that's what he will be judged on. No if only this or that. Sadly, given those many poor signings - this summer especially - you have to wonder if ETH will be able to manage it.

We say every year and with every manager that they need to be ruthless. Only hope is that with Ineos now in, the manager (whether Erik or another) is able to do this. Start by selling Rashford in the summer. He's not happy, the fans aren't happy, so £#%&! him off. That celebration yesterday