United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It doesn't really matter when you stop to think about it.

Soon you, me, everyone on this forum will be dead...we're a speck of utter irrelevance in the universe.

And even the earth itself and eventually the universe will disppear.

So I don't see there's much actually to worry about because the final destination is the same for everyone and everything.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Ethers

“Ratcliffe, who toured Old Trafford and the training ground at Carrington in March, is said to feel that United’s operation can be more streamlined given the club employs more than 1,000 staff members”

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“Ratcliffe, who toured Old Trafford and the training ground at Carrington in March, is said to feel that United’s operation can be more streamlined given the club employs more than 1,000 staff members”

Ratcliffe giving them 3, then if they want the other 2…

Still no statement from Qatar I see. Wouldn’t surprise me if the cheeky so and so’s came in with another ‘final’ bid.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:30 AM
armchair

I'm optimistic about it now. I wonder do the glazers get any of Nice or if they were even interested. Would be a decent place for people like Sancho to chill and for signings that didn't want to destroy their careers by signing prematurely for United.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:36 AM
Ethers

Todibo coming from Nice in January is surely pretty much nailed on now.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Closing the gap.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:40 AM
tatty

Quote:
Nice.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Jack Duckworth

I'm still not convinced that the Glazers and the debt remaining is good, but it looks like that's what's happening so we'll just have to get on with it. Bit shit compared to what we were expecting though, innit?

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
I'm still not convinced that the Glazers and the debt remaining is good, but it looks like that's what's happening so we'll just have to get on with it. Bit shit compared to what we were expecting though, innit?
Anything involving the Glazers and Man United isn’t good. Their ownership has been a laughably bad football operation.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Closing the gap.
He’s one of the best young centre backs in Europe

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:53 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
£#%&! all of any relevance has changed. The very best we can hope for is that we have someone better at making football decisions put in place.

There's just another pig with his snout in the trough.

Unread 16-10-2023, 10:58 AM
Dr Stranger

It’s hard to gauge what’s truth from all the speculation, but the talk was that Qatar’s latest bid totalled £5.2bn

If SJR is buying 25% for £1.4bn, as rumoured, then that’s a total value of £5.6bn.

Not the £6bn they apparently want and not a million miles from what Qatar have bid. Seems odd Qatar that they’d walk away knowing that another £400m would do it.

The feeling seemed to be that nobody has close to their valuation, but do the numbers really reflect that?

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s hard to gauge what’s truth from all the speculation, but the talk was that Qatar’s latest bid totalled £5.2bn

If SJR is buying 25% for £1.4bn, as rumoured, then that’s a total value of £5.6bn.

Not the £6bn they apparently want and not a million miles from what Qatar have bid. Seems odd Qatar that they’d walk away knowing that another £400m would do it.

The feeling seemed to be that nobody has close to their valuation, but do the numbers really reflect that?

I might be talking absolute %@#$&!s here (as per), but I don't think the 25% valuation was the same as a quarter of the 100% valuation. They'd want much more to walk away entirely, than they would for 25% which allows them to keep a good chunk which can/will increase in value.

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I might be talking absolute %@#$&!s here (as per), but I don't think the 25% valuation was the same as a quarter of the 100% valuation. They'd want much more to walk away entirely, than they would for 25% which allows them to keep a good chunk which can/will increase in value.
Fair enough. I thought it was just a quarter of the projected valuation, but I too freely admit I know £#%&! all about these things. I even checked 1.4 x 4 several times before posting.

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:36 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
They'd sell 25% cos that'll pay off the siblings that wanted to sell. The Glazers are going nowhere.

For Jim, it's an investment to add to the portfolio. He can play at being the front guy and can get the accolades if we improve. If we don't it can just be put down to him not owning the club outright.

Takes the heat off the Glazers. There's more than enough gullible supporters who'll lap this shit up.

Everyone wins. Well, not the fans obv. The club's still £1B in debt and haemorrhaging money in interest payments and dividends. The stadium hasn't been touched in 20 years. The club is still run as cash cow with sporting achievement far down the list of priorities.

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
They'd sell 25% cos that'll pay off the siblings that wanted to sell. The Glazers are going nowhere.

For Jim, it's an investment to add to the portfolio. He can play at being the front guy and can get the accolades if we improve. If we don't it can just be put down to him not owning the club outright.

Takes the heat off the Glazers. There's more than enough gullible supporters who'll lap this shit up.

Everyone wins. Well, not the fans obv. The club's still £1B in debt and haemorrhaging money in interest payments and dividends. The stadium hasn't been touched in 20 years. The club is still run as cash cow with sporting achievement far down the list of priorities.
This is my concern. Jim isn’t daft. He knows this will be met with huge skepticism in the fan base and there will need to be a charm offensive. He knows the concern will be that nothing changes. So tell them it will. Actually doing it is tomorrow’s problem.

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:43 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This is my concern. Jim isn’t daft. He knows this will be met with huge skepticism in the fan base and there will need to be a charm offensive. He knows the concern will be that nothing changes. So tell them it will. Actually doing it is tomorrow’s problem.

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:45 AM
believe

I think most people, if you exclude the Twitter Mbappe lads, just seen Qatar as a conclusion whereby the Glazers were gone and it was a new era. Whether that was morally right or inkeeping with “tradition” is a different matter.

I’m hoping once the dust settles and we get some idea of what Jim’s involvement is, we’ll realize we’re not actually that far off where we need to be anyway. We’ll still be among the biggest spenders in the league and once we have a fully fit squad we’ll still be there or there about below the top two. If this sporting control thing gets sorted and we target the right players and stop spending money on shite, we can then look at making an impact on the top two.

My only concern is that it could be a short term fix for the Glazers. They’ll ease the burden financially but two years down the line we’re still nowhere near the top two and they’re looking to Jim to increase his shareholding and he’s reluctant due to no progress.

All guesswork until we see what happens.

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

He’s not stupid.

He may be sly, cynical, a tax dodger, kinda scruffy looking, stupid, but he is not a #@&%! star.

Unread 16-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Ethers

£#%&! me they’re petty @#%&!s aren’t they