United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:27 PM
red in cumbria

Our season doesn't have to be over if the players can somehow be convinced this was a freak result. But can they? It's got to hurt.

Knockers

Meh.

A weird, freak result. First half decent, second half I just refuse to accept even happened. What’s done is done.

Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Just a reminder: I live in Liverpool
Even that hasn’t cheered me up.

History

Could of taken a loss. But this disaster is unacceptable on any level

Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
I don’t think it’s time to panic. Yes it was $#*!. Yes our worst result in living memory. But it’s a result of having to play high intensity bug games twice a week for a long time now. No way we could continue to do that. Let’s hope it doesn’t take too much mentally out of them
That’s a bit of an excuse when you’ve just lost by 7.

Hyman_Roth

Have a really dry throat. Feel like someone close to me has died.

Need to snap out of it pdq.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:28 PM
Dr Stranger

We can talk performance and moments in the game all we like, but I’m genuinely stunned by our attitude.

We’ve praised the steel and mindset of this team: how we’re developing a mentality.

We single handedly undid all that today.

We were utter cowards in that second half. We were afraid and we stopped. Our captain wanted to come off.

It’s utterly incomprehensible that such a seemingly strong team could behave the way we did.

It was the most gutless 45 minutes of football I’ve ever seen any United team play. Ever.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That’s a bit of an excuse when you’ve just lost by 7.
Well, what's your reason? That seems as good an explanation as any.

Dasilvatwins

Poor game management from the players combined with pathetic effort in the that second half.

Moment the second goal goes in, you hold back a bit and see off the next 5-10 mins.

We get countered of our attacking corners so often.

Really really poor team performance. Need the Thursday game to come quickly.

I reckon a few of them were playing with injuries or knocks. That’s still on us though. Should have subbed them earlier .

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:29 PM
Wayne Jenkins

One win in our last ten PL games against the scousers.

What a joke, and today was an embarrassment one to eleven.

Can't even think about the Betis game.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Even that hasn’t cheered me up.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:30 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We should have been able to keep it a lot tighter. Half, if not all of the championship would have.

The team folded. Complete bottling from 2-0.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Poor game management from the players combined with pathetic effort in the that second half.

Moment the second goal goes in, you hold back a bit and see off the next 5-10 mins.

We get countered of our attacking corners so often.

Really really poor team performance. Need the Thursday game to come quickly.

I reckon a few of them were playing with injuries or knocks. That’s still on us though. Should have subbed them earlier .
Alternatively, we are badly in need of a rest and today showed that?

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
I don’t think it’s time to panic. Yes it was $#*!. Yes our worst result in living memory. But it’s a result of having to play high intensity bug games twice a week for a long time now. No way we could continue to do that. Let’s hope it doesn’t take too much mentally out of them
Don’t buy this.

If their legs are shot . Don’t play a press leaving the back exposed. Have another midfielder , close the gaps and offer protection and counter.

Even if you don’t like it, sometimes you have to be pragmatic in games.

That being said I don’t think their legs had gone. The second came in so quickly and they gave up after that.

Dalot should never play again, Fred’s proven he is a squad player at best. We need a striker and CM. Nothing new with regards to “what we learned”

Gypsum Fantastic

Biggest ever defeat. Should make them hand the carabao cup and medals back.

Shameful.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We were extremely shit

We stared very negatively trying to time waste from the first whistle instead playing football.

We were extremely shit.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:32 PM
jem

classic united. marlo blaming the strikers, dunk blaming de gea, akers blaming shaw, sparky barely keeping his head above urine...

ref gave us nothing, liverpool charmed on every shot, heads went down.... but it's just three points.

if we'd have gone there with a bigger midfield and lost 1-0, it would have been the same. if this loss makes them more determined to get top four, great. we know this squad has weaknesses. there is just no point in bleating we didn't buy a couple of world class players.

take it out on betis.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Biggest ever defeat
Seriously, is it?

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:33 PM
dunk

8 shots on target. 7 goals.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:33 PM
Gypsum Fantastic