United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2013, 04:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
On those one-off occasions against quality opposition in cups, they £#%&!ing bombed miserably.
You presumably mean by this:

1) Being by any standards extremely unlucky to go out to Madrid (even JM said that, FFS)

2) Going out in the league cup to Chelsea - again somewhat unluckily - when we played a load of stiffs and a then grossly out of form Giggs?

3) Losing to them in the FA cup in a game that kicked off at 1030 on Monday morning or something - it would still almost certainly have gone to penalties but for a wonder goal out of nothing?

Yes??

Unread 21-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You presumably mean by this:

1) Being by any standards extremely unlucky to go out to Madrid (even JM said that, FFS)
Yeah, i know and we were really setting europe alight as well what with coming out of our group having just lost to cluj and braga or some shit. So very unlucky.

Quote:
2) Going out in the league cup to Chelsea - again somewhat unluckily - when we played a load of stiffs and a then grossly out of form Giggs.
I wasn't referring to that.

3) Losing to them in the FA cup in a game that kicked off at 1030 on Monday morning or something - it would still almost certainly have gone to penalties but for a wonder goal out of nothing?

Yes??[/quote]

10:30 monday morning? really?

Last time i checked the only thing we had to worry about was the league and the cup at that stage. We weren't even in europe any more. We had the luxury of catching chelsea during a horrendous fixture pile-up where they played something like 4 games in 8 days or something stupid. And they still beat us at a canter.

Bombed miserably.

Unread 21-05-2013, 04:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Last time i checked the only thing we had to worry about was the league and the cup at that stage. We weren't even in europe any more. We had the luxury of catching chelsea during a horrendous fixture pile-up where they played something like 4 games in 8 days or something stupid. And they still beat us at a canter.

Bombed miserably.
They didn't beat us "at a canter". Both teams were pretty shit, chances at both ends thin on the ground and the odd goal decided it. We weren't great but don't rewrite history now.

Unread 21-05-2013, 04:45 PM
red in cumbria

1030 in the morning is only a *slight* exaggeration Sparks, as you well know.

As you also do that the Cluj game was the deadest of dead rubbers (as was the match in Turkey before it - though we actually played quite well there)

Unread 21-05-2013, 04:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Both teams were shit in the Cup replay, tbh United looked like getting the League sewn up was all that mattered which did my head in. Chelsea did not batter us. We did batter them for the first half an hour at their place in the league though, and we battered city for half an hour at their place and should have gone 0-3 up in the second half there.

Unread 21-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Both teams were shit in the Cup replay, tbh United looked like getting the League sewn up was all that mattered which did my head in. Chelsea did not batter us. We did batter them for the first half an hour at their place in the league though, and we battered city for half an hour at their place and should have gone 0-3 up in the second half there.
Batterrific

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

i've decided sparky must be joking now

we weren't setting Europe alight at the time of our exit, that's true. however, it was the first game we'd had since sleep-walking through the group stages. we were on the verge of winning one of it's strongest leagues, and we were on the verge of knocking out one of its strongest teams as well until the officials intervened. it was the 2nd rd proper.

as for this obsession with chelsea, get the £#%&! over it ffs. no-one really gives a shit about them do they?

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Maurren getting handed his by Calderon vvg2c

"Of course he has been
a failure.
“It is the worst record of any Real Madrid manager who has had three years
or more here.
“I insist that it is not only that reasons. I think you can be unsuccessful
at a club for many reasons.
“What I really don’t like and what many followers of Real Madrid don’t like
is the way he has behaved.
“We have a part of our hymn which says ‘when we lose, we shake hands’ - we
don’t poke fingers in eyes, which is what he did to Tito Vilanova.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen with Mourinho now but I think it will
be a relief for Real Madrid that he leaves.”

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Maurren getting handed his by Calderon vvg2c

"Of course he has been
a failure.
“It is the worst record of any Real Madrid manager who has had three years
or more here.
“I insist that it is not only that reasons. I think you can be unsuccessful
at a club for many reasons.
“What I really don’t like and what many followers of Real Madrid don’t like
is the way he has behaved.
“We have a part of our hymn which says ‘when we lose, we shake hands’ - we
don’t poke fingers in eyes, which is what he did to Tito Vilanova.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen with Mourinho now but I think it will
be a relief for Real Madrid that he leaves.”
Wow. exactly what bobby charlton said tbf.

And if may, i think mourinho will be surprised when he comes back to England. The Premier league now is not the same as he left behind in 2007. It's far more competitive and Chelsea aren't the all powerful team in the league miles infront of everyone else like in 2004-06.

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

And if may, i think mourinho will be surprised when he comes back to England. The Premier league now is not the same as he left behind in 2007. It's far more competitive and Chelsea aren't the all powerful team in the league miles infront of everyone else like in 2004-06.
agreed but Chelsea will still be our main challengers with the squad they have, if they sort out their defence...Lukaku, De Bruyne (who is exactly what we need ffs), Courtois all due to return in summer plus he'll make at least two major signings

but his massive failure at madrid in ALL competitions this season will have defo knocked the Special One bullshit to one side

they should have stuck with Benitez

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Yep. Looking forward to him poking Pardew in the eye though.

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Neo

Big Moyesie is going to hand the Portuguese media darling shithouse @#%&! his arse on a plate next season. NQAT.

Even Bobby Manc would have caused problems for Maureen, ffs.

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

“I’m really excited to know what Mourinho is going to say after the
president said he couldn’t cope with the pressure. Mourinho always has to be the star not his players.
“He must be very angry at this moment at what the Madrid president said and I can’t wait to hear what he says when he is in England.”

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

More to the point, Chelsea aren't the rabble he left behind. It was good of him to keep our trophy glistening for us though.

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:55 PM
dunk

Chelsea have also won a CL now...

Kev, I think that de Bruyne is staying in Germany next season...

Unread 21-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Batterrific

Unread 22-05-2013, 02:05 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Chelsea have also won a CL now...

Kev, I think that de Bruyne is staying in Germany next season...
really??? we should try and tap him up then saw a lot of the Bundesliga this season and him and Draxler are the two best players outside the big two clubs ie Dortmund and Bayern that I have seen...De Bruyne is like Roy Keane in the way he gets about the pitch and also has the goal threat of Scholes in his prime...if Chelsea don't want him back we should sign him

Unread 22-05-2013, 02:09 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Big Moyesie is going to hand the Portuguese media darling shithouse @#%&! his arse on a plate next season. NQAT.

Even Bobby Manc would have caused problems for Maureen, ffs.

Unread 22-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. Looking forward to him poking Pardew in the eye though.

Unread 22-05-2013, 09:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
really??? we should try and tap him up then saw a lot of the Bundesliga this season and him and Draxler are the two best players outside the big two clubs ie Dortmund and Bayern that I have seen...De Bruyne is like Roy Keane in the way he gets about the pitch and also has the goal threat of Scholes in his prime...if Chelsea don't want him back we should sign him
Chelsea are using him as a loan makeweight for Schurrle or Lewandowski, apparently.
Closed Thread