Unread 08-07-2021, 02:05 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
You're not going to let this go are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
he has form...
As a certain broadcaster, producer and thieving scumbag are about to find out...

Unread 08-07-2021, 02:05 PM
jem

I think bazza has given up on life and is now focussing on ideas that are just so bad that no one will try to steal them.

Unread 08-07-2021, 02:15 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think bazza has given up on life and is now focussing on ideas that are just so bad that no one will try to steal them.

For someone who got Brexit so wrong, that's good. That's really good

Unread 08-07-2021, 02:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 08-07-2021, 02:42 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Exactly. The commentator a few minutes later reminded us that Grealish has never scored for England. . He was however the most fouled player in the PL for two seasons running

"Here he comes"
To people who don't watch football outside of summer tournaments they must have got the impression Southgate was holding back the English Messi by putting Grealish on the bench. Grealish is a good player obviously but the clamour over him by commentators has been bewildering to hear.

Unread 08-07-2021, 02:53 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
To people who don't watch football outside of summer tournaments they must have got the impression Southgate was holding back the English Messi by putting Grealish on the bench. Grealish is a good player obviously but the clamour over him by commentators has been bewildering to hear.
Thought he was really good when he came on, last night, but it's not just about how he performed IMO. The whole crowd were lifted, which in turn must have given the players on the pitch a major boost and planted a seed of doubt in the Danes. All at a time when it was most needed. Think Southgate's handled him really well (and put the re-substitution down to the fact that's has had that shin splint problem, more than anything else).

Unread 08-07-2021, 02:59 PM
Ethers

Oh Jesus, is he on the shin splints again?!

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Thought he was really good when he came on, last night, but it's not just about how he performed IMO. The whole crowd were lifted, which in turn must have given the players on the pitch a major boost and planted a seed of doubt in the Danes. All at a time when it was most needed. Think Southgate's handled him really well (and put the re-substitution down to the fact that's has had that shin splint problem, more than anything else).
I don't disagree with that generally. What I mean is the hype around him for this tournament goes far beyond the player I've seen for Aston Villa and puts a weight of expectancy which I don't think he should have. I expected Foden to be the one put on a pedestal.

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:38 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh Jesus, is he on the shin splints again?!
A mate who I watched the game with last night (big Villa fan) said it was, but just checked and according to an interview with the player himself it's another shin-related injury that he's got to manage in between games. Either way, he's not 100% fit but clearly able to play his role and think Southgate's used him wisely.

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:38 PM
Jethro

Very lucky, but happy obviously. The Italians are going to be at their snide best and that midfield last night simply wont cut it.

Have to hand it to some of the players. They have a knack of playing absolutely shit but still pulling something out of the bag.

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:44 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I don't disagree with that generally. What I mean is the hype around him for this tournament goes far beyond the player I've seen for Aston Villa and puts a weight of expectancy which I don't think he should have. I expected Foden to be the one put on a pedestal.
Makes sense. Have only seen glimpses of him and the odd highlight reel TBF. He's definitely got plenty of talent, but I think being a bit of a pretty boy in a Beckham-esque way has helped elevate him in the eyes of the press and pundits, whilst being Stockport's Eminem light has set Foden back in that respect.

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:48 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
By not playing him long enough for people to realise that he's not as good as he's made out to be?

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:56 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
By not playing him long enough for people to realise that he's not as good as he's made out to be?

Unread 08-07-2021, 07:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Actually favourites at 4/5
Aargh, shouldn't be.
Closed Thread