Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
How did he get it wrong last night?
He lost the game.

Unread 07-01-2021, 12:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Probably about right yeah. Big games for the fans are slightly different to actual big games for the clubs. As managers have said its only 3 points blah blah blah. Nothing will be won or lost next week vs Liverpool. Big game for the fans, yes absolutely huge. For the club, in reality no. Could it put us 6 clear of them, yeah with what 60 points still to play for...

And actually if you go pre Ole we didn't do that great at times, although got a few trophy's along the way.

What was the ridiculous Champions League stat, 2 knockout game wins in 9 years or something?
Leicester (a) last season was a big game, no?
Any game against the 'top 6' is a big game.

Sad fact is that our side lacks the quality to consistently come out on top against the best sides, so we will fail in the 'big games' on occasion. We haven't been fortunate enough to get semi-finals against the likes of Burton Albion or Brentford as our 'big games'..

Unread 07-01-2021, 12:23 PM
jem

our only big game in the last four years was away in istanbul and we treated it like it didn't matter.

maybe leicester last year, as well, tbf.

Unread 07-01-2021, 01:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Go on then.

Yeah that City game in March last season, huge game, massive, those 3 points in March, god they were huge. Cant believe how big that game was .

Take out the fact these are derby matches and its 3 points.

Quarter finals are hardly big games.

Waiting....

What's your definition of a big game you soft @#%&!?

Unread 07-01-2021, 01:27 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
What's your definition of a big game you soft @#%&!?
ffs

classic barca99ers being an utter £#%&!ing duvet.

Unread 07-01-2021, 01:38 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedkelly
go on then
chelsea x 3 man city x 3 psg x 2 spurs x 1 leipzig x 1 .. Thats without even thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by whip hubley
what's your definition of a big game you soft @#%&!?
stunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
our only big game in the last four years was away in istanbul and we treated it like it didn't matter.

Maybe leicester last year, as well, tbf.
oh do £#%&! off jem you senile old @#%&!

Unread 07-01-2021, 01:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
a well-reasoned argument to which I offer no defence.

Unread 07-01-2021, 01:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
chelsea x 3 man city x 3 psg x 2 spurs x 1 leipzig x 1 .. Thats without even thinking about it

stunning

That’s me told.

Unread 07-01-2021, 02:34 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Ffs you can't have a go at jem for being jem. Although quite shocked he's not suggested AWB would make a great holding midfielder thus far.

Unread 07-01-2021, 02:39 PM
jem

Quote:
Ffs you can't have a go at jem for being jem. Although quite shocked he's not suggested AWB would make a great holding midfielder thus far.
I have suggested he should be in the 3 when we play 5 at the back, not wing back, if that helps.

but... now that you mention it.... given that he wouldn't have to cross or mark wingers, dm would do as well.

Unread 07-01-2021, 04:08 PM
Vida_15

i think in the two big games this season Ole has tactically gotten it wrong by going away from his 4231 .....this semi against City and the big one against Leipzig playing 352

in both games we got killed wide but they used it as their outlet under pressure and our two strikers defensively didn't play as strikers but as wingers so the CB's, for the most part, weren't being forced into mistakes high enough up the pitch.

Ole though has gotten way things right way more times since the restart than he has gotten wrong....just seems that he tinkers or overthinks things in semi's and the bigger euro matches

Unread 07-01-2021, 04:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
i think in the two big games this season Ole has tactically gotten it wrong by going away from his 4231 .....this semi against City and the big one against Leipzig playing 352

in both games we got killed wide but they used it as their outlet under pressure and our two strikers defensively didn't play as strikers but as wingers so the CB's, for the most part, weren't being forced into mistakes high enough up the pitch.

Ole though has gotten way things right way more times since the restart than he has gotten wrong....just seems that he tinkers or overthinks things in semi's and the bigger euro matches
The front 4 played crap . The defence were poor on two set pieces. It wasn’t a tactics issue, we just didn’t turn up. You can’t blame tactics when passes are under hit , over hit and slab head is missing an easy chance from 5 yards

Unread 07-01-2021, 04:15 PM
Palmer

We're 1 maybe 2 midfielders away from being genuine contenders.

You can't win a title with Fred and The Scottish Player starting the majority of your games. Neither can pass the football. Fred for all his faults can win the ball back to a decent standard you could maybe keep him in the team if you have a real top player next to him.

But the guy The Scottish Player really is a bizzare player, he's got no pace, can't pass the ball, can't tackle, he does have a cracking shot from the edge of the box and he's tall but that's about it.

The one we need is Sabitzer from RB. Unbelievably good player who can do it all in the middle of the park.

Unread 07-01-2021, 04:26 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The front 4 played crap . The defence were poor on two set pieces. It wasn’t a tactics issue, we just didn’t turn up. You can’t blame tactics when passes are under hit , over hit and slab head is missing an easy chance from 5 yards
who were the front 4??? we played two up top in Martial and Rashford with Bruno in support so yes those 3 played like dogs balls

the tactics issue i was talking about was how Ole set them out to press City knowing they like to keep the ball....it just seemed inconsistent so maybe that was down just to hte players being knackered chasing so much

Unread 07-01-2021, 04:44 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
But the guy The Scottish Player really is a bizzare player, he's got no pace, can't pass the ball, can't tackle, he does have a cracking shot from the edge of the box and he's tall but that's about it.
Dunno who you're on about but the McTominoms I see wins it on the ground and in the air, runs well with it, plays it long. If he could cut out the daft fouls I'd have no qualms with looking at him and thinking he'll go on to win trophies

Unread 07-01-2021, 05:09 PM
barca99

Quote:
What's your definition of a big game you soft c***?
don't make me go Neo on you you little @#%&! id £#%&!ing end you.

Difficult to put into words but a game of football that actually means something, not to the fans to the actual club its self. United vs Liverpool or City is huge to us, for the club as was evident in the league game, not so much. They are all best mates ffs they probably went in the changing room after with them

Next week vs Liverpool is no where near as big as last night, not even close. You could argue its not even as big as Watford on Saturday.

If the Liverpool game was 3 games from the end of the season it would be and it wouldn't need to be Liverpool it could be £#%&!ing Fulham.

So lets go again, what big games has Ole won?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Leicester (a) last season was a big game, no?
Any game against the 'top 6' is a big game.

Sad fact is that our side lacks the quality to consistently come out on top against the best sides, so we will fail in the 'big games' on occasion. We haven't been fortunate enough to get semi-finals against the likes of Burton Albion or Brentford as our 'big games'..
Correct, I thought i mentioned that one, cba checking. But yeah big game and we did well not denying that.

Unread 07-01-2021, 05:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Difficult to put into words but a game of football that actually means something, not to the fans to the actual club its self. United vs Liverpool or City is huge to us, for the club as was evident in the league game, not so much. They are all best mates ffs they probably went in the changing room after with them

Next week vs Liverpool is no where near as big as last night, not even close. You could argue its not even as big as Watford on Saturday.

If the Liverpool game was 3 games from the end of the season it would be and it wouldn't need to be Liverpool it could be £#%&!ing Fulham.

So lets go again, what big games has Ole won?

Correct, I thought i mentioned that one, cba checking. But yeah big game and we did well not denying that.

Unread 07-01-2021, 05:16 PM
Parlabane

Thought Ole's comment last night were spot on, if they played well we would need to play very well to beat them and we are a better team than this time last year.

No one ( well no one in their right mind) thinks we are the finished article but we are making good progress and a couple of good signings could make all the difference

Unread 07-01-2021, 05:26 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 07-01-2021, 05:31 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Number one priority is to win trophy's pal, i am just being realistic, we have a much better chance at the FA cup than we do the league and we were one game away from a final last night.

The league is false hope if we are all being honest with ourselves. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying it but it wont last.

If we were playing Liverpool away in the cup then away in the league a week later and everything else was the same, id chose a cup win all day long.
Closed Thread