United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-01-2020, 05:27 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Lads it's Burnley at home... Calm down

2-0, one in each half
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
If I were Ole I would just walk out. There's nothing for him at OT but a black mark against him, he's on a hiding to nothing. If I was him I'd just leave, go back to managing Whale Blubber FC and have a stress-free life.

Said this seven months ago and was told I was a disgrace to the supporters.

Nothing else to add because it’s clearly Woodward’s fault that we continue to try and play from the back despite is not working all season and take every corner short despite it not working ever.

Unread 23-01-2020, 05:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Sage

Said this seven months ago and was told I was a disgrace to the supporters.

Nothing else to add because it’s clearly Woodward’s fault that we continue to try and play from the back despite is not working all season and take every corner short despite it not working ever.
Don’t forget our ground breaking zonal marking at set pieces. Hearing Woodward insisted on this.

Think we need to accept that it’s completely possible for the club to be run like a joke and for Ole to not be doing a great job

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
most of the players who have left, no one misses. rio says smalling is the best defender at the club and he's right, but the rest of them weren't good enough.... and smalling's not really good enough, he's just the best defender at the club. but there is no £#%&!ing excuse for not buying haaland and fernandes.

there is also no excuse for playing jones. his challenge to give away the free kick for the first goal was just typical of his clumsy stupidity. he is a bad joke. never mind that the free kick was taken 15 yards from the foul.
Tbf the only other option would have been to play Lindelof against a team that try to put aerial pressure on the defence at every opportunity. Not that it was the right decision to play Jones, just that any decision would've been the wrong one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
much as I like wan-b as a defender, his almost total inability to create anything from the right hurts us, too.
Could have had a few assists in the first 25 minutes if our forward players weren't bottle-jobs. Also put a nice hanging ball in that James nearly converted too.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:34 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Don’t forget our ground breaking zonal marking at set pieces. Hearing Woodward insisted on this.

Think we need to accept that it’s completely possible for the club to be run like a joke and for Ole to not be doing a great job

Fair enough. But the club is being run like such a joke that no manager would be able to stabilise it.

Atleast ole is getting rid of shitc***s , rather do it now then get the next manager 3 windows to sell them.

Alot of this stems from the board and shit players. Ole is at fault for some issues. But if we can go 12 wins or unbeaten 12 games in a row and lift our performances for city, tottenham away , clearly its more an application of player atttitude.

Ole wouldnt be telling them to stop making runs, or whatever they were doing in that 12 game run. The reason why many blame the board and players is because we have had 4 different managers and the players and board always hide behind a manager sacking and are never held accountable.

Maybe just maybe, we understand ole isnt the best coach but the players and board are f***ing him over with a half arsed attempt when on the pitch or a cowardly amatuer playing director of football in our recruitment team.

The moment you sack the manager the reset button is pressed and the board and players get to start from a clean slate. Gives them another 12-18 months to show how shit they are. If we are lucky some get sold. If we arent, we will see lingard starting the next " project" as " players with core man utd values" bullshit being spouted by the club.

People seem to think the " ole in" guys all think he is the next ferguson or something. We dont. We just focus on the bigger issue of the board and owners.

Ultimately the manager isnt the best , the board is full off shitc***s and the players are pisspoor.

The board and players need to be held more accountable.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

They’re the only ones being made accountable

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:40 AM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Fair enough. But the club is being run like such a joke that no manager would be able to stabilise it.

Atleast ole is getting rid of shitc***s , rather do it now then get the next manager 3 windows to sell them.

Alot of this stems from the board and shit players. Ole is at fault for some issues. But if we can go 12 wins or unbeaten 12 games in a row and lift our performances for city, tottenham away , clearly its more an application of player atttitude.

Ole wouldnt be telling them to stop making runs, or whatever they were doing in that 12 game run. The reason why many blame the board and players is because we have had 4 different managers and the players and board always hide behind a manager sacking and are never held accountable.

Maybe just maybe, we understand ole isnt the best coach but the players and board are £#%&!ing him over with a half arsed attempt when on the pitch or a cowardly amatuer playing director of football in our recruitment team.

The moment you sack the manager the reset button is pressed and the board and players get to start from a clean slate. Gives them another 12-18 months to show how shit they are. If we are lucky some get sold. If we arent, we will see lingard starting the next " project" as " players with core man utd values" bullshit being spouted by the club.

People seem to think the " ole in" guys all think he is the next ferguson or something. We dont. We just focus on the bigger issue of the board and owners.

Ultimately the manager isnt the best , the board is full off shitc***s and the players are pisspoor.

Good postage.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:42 AM
puressence

has he resigned yet

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
They’re the only ones being made accountable
Outside this forum it isnt and i was referring to the guys who think we just need pochettino as manager and everything will be fixed

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:47 AM
My Name is Heath

Honestly don't know why we are arguing too much.

It's like firing the Titanic's Finance Manager as the boat is sinking.

Yeah, may be able to do a few things better and save a few quid here and there but fundamentally, the shitshow is out of his control.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Could have had a few assists in the first 25 minutes if our forward players weren't bottle-jobs. Also put a nice hanging ball in that James nearly converted too.
there is no case to be made for wan-b as an attacking force. "nice hanging ball"? £#%&! off.

it's not our biggest problem, though. someone in front of him could play wide.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there is no case to be made for wan-b as an attacking force. "nice hanging ball"? £#%&! off

it's not our biggest problem, though. someone in front of him could play wide.
You did kind of ignore the part about the few assists he could have had if our strikers could actually convert chances

It's not a ringing endorsement but he was the most creative player we had last night.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:00 AM
AK14

As much as I like WanB as a defender it does feel as though we’ve signed the full back version of Chris Smalling

Again imo it shows a lack of future thinking at the club, we’ve got one of the most promising young right backs at the club in Ethan Laird yet have spent 50m on a bloke who’s a few years older. Surely the money would have been better spent in another area while we allow Laird the chance over the next few years to establish himself in the first team?

I know there’s no guarantee a promising player will make it but we the position we find ourselves in it would have been worth a shot imo.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:07 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
As much as I like WanB as a defender it does feel as though we’ve signed the full back version of Chris Smalling

Again imo it shows a lack of future thinking at the club, we’ve got one of the most promising young right backs at the club in Ethan Laird yet have spent 50m on a bloke who’s a few years older. Surely the money would have been better spent in another area while we allow Laird the chance over the next few years to establish himself in the first team?

I know there’s no guarantee a promising player will make it but we the position we find ourselves in it would have been worth a shot imo.
Or just play right footed williams at rb

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Lodestar

Anyone on here thinking Poch will ride in and steady the ship is deluded. He's won nothing and will come into the job under intense pressure within a bad structure with no vision. Ole isn't a long term solution for United, l'm pretty much convinced now despite thinking he may take us forward. I wouldn't fault the lad if he walked after this transfer window.

The real focus should be on the ownership. It is the wrong model for the club and l think they set the tone. A grab all you can mentality while giving little in return - pretty much what you see on the pitch.

Those who protested in 2005 called it right.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:16 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
You did kind of ignore the part about the few assists he could have had if our strikers could actually convert chances

It's not a ringing endorsement but he was the most creative player we had last night.
Yeah bit of this. A few times made good runs for passes from Matic or James and set up Martial or Mata, one for Fred too I think but the shots were woeful. And then you get @#%&!s whining about patterns of play? There's some actual patterns of play that should have been goals but weren't.

We had enough chances to win that game as woeful and bedraggled a performance as it was. The reaction to going behind, and the subs, were poor but when you look at our bench you'd want to top yourself.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:18 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah bit of this. A few times made good runs for passes from Matic or James and set up Martial or Mata, one for Fred too I think but the shots were woeful. And then you get @#%&!s whining about patterns of play? There's some actual patterns of play that should have been goals but weren't.

We had enough chances to win that game as woeful and bedraggled a performance as it was. The reaction to going behind, and the subs, were poor but when you look at our bench you'd want to top yourself.
When he brought Lingard and Shaw on, Jim Beglin said “united throwing everything they’ve got to offer at Burnley now” I felt like putting my head through the telly,

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
When he brought Lingard and Shaw on, Jim Beglin said “united throwing everything they’ve got to offer at Burnley now” I felt like putting my head through the telly,
At this stage he should LVG it. Rather bring on new academy players than lingard and shaw

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
I do whenever I hear Jim Beglin tbf

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:23 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

We had three golden opportunities in the first 30 minutes (Martial, Mata and then Martial again), and a half chance that fell to Pereira. We were actually looking good. Then we conceded a cheap free kick on the halfway line, didn't defend it and Chris Wood converted a half-chance.

Then heads dropped and belief went out of the window.

We're soft mentally and physically. We're Arsenal. No bite with a fickle mentality.

Quote:

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:25 AM
Red Santos

expect more games like this lads