Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Vintage RAWK

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...pic=241377.720

United 2-0 down to Spurs at home in 2009 Watch the magic happen.

First post:

Was at that game too, behind the goal where all 7 goals went in, happy days

Unread 29-01-2013, 06:49 PM
MagnificentSeven

brenton! brenton! oh jesus christ brenton!

Unread 29-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
brenton! brenton! oh jesus christ brenton!
Is he £#%&!ing you or something?

Unread 29-01-2013, 06:53 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Is he £#%&!ing you or something?
nah, just felt like making that pun

you could have fun with that on photoshop

Unread 29-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Pop

Topic: Accepting that we're not very good (by andy@allerton)

- One of the things that I've seen on late of here are people exploding with anger, venting their spleen and going bezerk when some people are pointing out that Liverpool Football Club aren't very good. We're not very good. I've said it.

- This thread should be deleted just for the title alone.

- Im sorry but im not having this. You cant go and beat QPR, Norwich, Sunderland and Fulham in the past month and say you're not 'very good'.

- we're only a few good signings away from challenging for top 4

- I though you'd officially had it with football Andy. You told us you had on at least three separate occasions last week anyway

- We're average. Average isn't bad.

- pointless thread

- We get it Andy, you don't like Liverpool or the team or the manager or the owners. You really seem like a child whose found out someone's shit in their cornflakes.

- 1. Denial, 2. Anger, 3. Bargaining, 4. Depression, 5. Acceptance

- I think we're £#%&!ing amazing and will only get better.

- In 2005 everyone thought of us as a fairly average team and yet we won the CL. So, as far as I'm concerned we're always very £#%&!ing good.

- Saying "we're not very good" is an extremely vague opinion.

- I would swap this season for last season in a heart beat and I include the managers in that swap deal.

Unread 29-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
- we're only a few good signings away from challenging for top 4
So is every other non top 4 club in the league

Love how their targets are also being tailed by Southampton and Reading

Unread 29-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
There's no doubt in my mind that within the next 5 years we'll win multiple trophies
April 2009

Unread 29-01-2013, 07:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
The Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez team
"The two commentators on setanta are taking it in turns to suck each other off. £#%&!ers."

Unread 29-01-2013, 07:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
- I though you'd officially had it with football Andy. You told us you had on at least three separate occasions last week anyway
superb.

Unread 29-01-2013, 07:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Will never, ever stop feeling the most glorious schaedenfreude at that

Unread 30-01-2013, 03:58 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Another classic RAWK thread.

Quote:
I guess it was written in the stars really.

The European Cup final, in Rome, we always win in Rome.

Rafael Benitez held onto the European Cup as if it was his baby, and, well, it is. A third final in five years, and a second win. After the season he’d had, he deserved to be mentioned alongside Paisley and Shankly, and deep down he knew it.

A sweep around the stands showed you how much it meant. Kenny Dalglish with a grin as wide as the Mersey, John Aldridge and Phil Thompson unconscious from shock. Robbie Fowler, arrested for running up to the Mancs enclosure brandishing six fingers. This was as good as Istanbul, this was as good as Rome in 77. Rome 2009 was the time it happened, Liverpool won the treble for the first time. England’s most successful club had been backed against a wall, and they’d won it.

Just two weeks ago it was all so different. Steven Gerrard’s last minute penalty miss at Goodison meant United just needed to hold on to their slender 1-0 lead at Stoke, and the title was theres, and the double header of cup finals would take place with momentum on their side.
It was the third minute of stoppage time, Mr Alex Ferguson frantically tapped his watch.

Ferdinand lumped the ball away and it landed at the feet of Salif Diao. Diao, on the back of one of the worst ever seasons a professional footballer has had, was booed instantly. But, rather than buckle, he suddenly grew in stature, as if the spirit of Shankly had gone through him. He sidestepped Rooney, nutmegged Giggs, played a one-two with erm, somebody else at Stoke, and all of a sudden was facing Ferdinand one on one. Ferdinand lunged in for a tackle, but Salif was away. He slotted the ball, under Van De Saar, and...and....YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! The whole of Liverpool erupted.

It was incredible. After last minute winners by Diouf at Bolton, and Heskey at the JJB had slowed down United’s charge, all of a sudden, Houllier’s masterplan was uncovered. Salif, El Hadji, and Emile had finally repaid the £25million. 20 years since Hillsborough and Liverpool were bringing the title home. The all time league table read 19-17.

The FA Cup Final was, after that, a mere formality. The Mancs, missing Ronaldo and Tevez through suspension, never stood a hope, with a Gareth Barry free kick and a double from Torres cancelling out Owen Hargreaves early strike. All that could be heard around the country was “Na na na na na na na na (et all) Fernando Torres, Liverpool’s number nine.”

So, that was special enough. A season surely couldn’t be improved by that. But it was, the air of destiny which had followed Liverpool all season was still breezing around them.

This same air, which had seen Steve Bennett give Liverpool a nothing penalty at Old Trafford in the dying seconds. A penalty, which, when Ferguson animatedly asked “WHAT WAS THAT FOR?”, he admitted was “just for a laugh”. The same air which had seen Jamie Carragher – shifted to right back by Skrtel and Agger – invent himself as the Scouse Cafu and set up 36 goals. And that same air, which had brought home number 19, was still blowing a gentle breeze.

And so it was to be in Rome, that City of Liverpool’s most famous triumphs.

But, it was so nearly not so. After 57 seconds, Ryan Giggs volleyed United in front, NOOOO! We cried. But that wasn’t it, just before half time, two goals from Ronaldo had ended it.

“We won it fooooooourrrrrrrrrr times,” croned the inbreds.

We were shellshocked. But then, a lone voice started to sing amongst the tears and recriminations:
“Outsideeee the Shankly gates, I heard a kopite calling...”

And, within seconds, the 45,000 Liverpool fans who’d made the trip joined in. The noise echoed around the City, a noise so loud, and so passionate, it nearly arose Caesar from his grave.

Gerrard, Carragher and Alonso, the sole survivors from Istanbul, suddenly felt possessed by the memories. Gerrard walked over to Nando and said: “This is £#%&!ing yours Fernando, go get it la.”

And he did. We all know how the second half pans out, and the glorious finish, culminating in Gary Neville missing a penalty and then, tragically losing his leg in the process will be told for centuries.

As Rafa walked around the pitch with the European Cup, he noticed an almost greyed presence watching, approvingly from the Directors Box.

Before Rafa had a chance to mouth “£#%&! off Parry you clown featured dipshit”, he noticed, that this was a presence that wasn’t really there. It was a presence he’d seen once before, on the 25th May 2005.

“Thanks Bill”, he whispered, to nobody but himself.

Then Carra grabbed the Cup of him, and the celebrations truly began...
May 2008. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=220865.0

Unread 30-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Arsenal v Liverpool:

- I'm absolutely fuming

Never gets old

Unread 30-01-2013, 11:15 PM
dunk

Quote:

What the £#%&!ing £#%&!...?

Unread 30-01-2013, 11:23 PM
wonky no

Quote:

ace

Unread 30-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Mr Kaboom

Not beaten a team in the top 10 !

Unread 30-01-2013, 11:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Just noticed the date it was posted.

Unread 31-01-2013, 01:20 PM
crossfirehurricane

Just browsing through the par league thread on RAWK. £#%&!, it's embarrassing. This Prof guy is like the Pied Piper to the rats.

His "mathematical model" is highly simplistic and error-strewn too.

I wish death on all of them.

Unread 31-01-2013, 01:27 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
So all of our competitors bar Everton dropped points, am I right?
Quote:
Think so, would have been 3 points par for Chelsea spurs and arsenal so think you are right
Quote:
By my calculations, it puts us 3 ahead of Arsenal and just 3 behind Spurs in the APL.
Quote:
It's

United +3
City -4
Chelsea -12
Spurs - 14
LFC -19
Everton -21
Arsenal -22
Quote:
Is it me or are we actually hitting the equivalent to title winning form these days?

Unread 31-01-2013, 01:31 PM
dunk

Were they expecting Everton to win the league?

Unread 31-01-2013, 01:33 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Were they expecting Everton to win the league?
I still cant work out how there above us

They havent beaten any team in the top half, We have beaten Utd and Spurs
Closed Thread