United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:30 PM
measlyshark

Wasn't a penalty.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We need them both fit for the semi final.
Just shows where we are doesn’t it?

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Wasn't a penalty.
It was mate.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:32 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Just shows where we are doesn’t it?
It does they are prize assets and need protecting.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Overall happy with both the point and the performance. I didn't think the stats told the whole story of the first half, we were aggressive and cutting through them even without getting shots off, their goal knocked us off our stride which is progress from us knocking ourselves off.

We don't look well coached and the tactics don't seem obvious but we managed today to do what the great Roy Evans, Houllier, Benitez and Dalglish (second spell) teams did which was stay in the game and make things difficult. I don't know why we can't do thise more often, especially in lieu of any other plan.

No idea why we were out on our feet on 70 mins mind, not only could we not clear simple balls from our box but players were struggling to run, genuinely bizarre. It was a blatant pen and Rashford had one of his better games so no surprise he took him off. Now hopefully we can lose every remaining league game and scab the FA Cup.
Good assessment

I always felt we were in the game at 1-0 and that we’d create chances. Liverpool play relatively open stuff and we have the weapons to exploit that. It’s why we’ve had joy against them at home in the last three games. I thought Liverpool were really naive. They didn’t learn from their fa cup game and should have killed it. Klopp knew it. You could see it on the touchline. He knows what our qualities are. We’re a talented group and we have our moments, especially at home. He knows they could get punched wt any moment by a moment of brilliance and then they have a spell to mange where the crowd gets up. We even could have nicked it again at the end with a bit more composure.

Our overall play is poor and our decision making in the final third remains awful, but we showed some spirit today and reacted well to Thursday

There’s a lot of problems, but I don’t think effort and playing for the manager is one of them. We’re just a chaotic mess.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:37 PM
MUFC One Love

If they had anything about them as a club they would be 4th if not now very soon.

Ten Hag is gone.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Good assessment

I always felt we were in the game at 1-0 and that we’d create chances. Liverpool play relatively open stuff and we have the weapons to exploit that. It’s why we’ve had joy against them at home in the last three games. I thought Liverpool were really naive. They didn’t learn from their fa cup game and should have killed it. Klopp knew it. You could see it on the touchline. He knows what our qualities are. We’re a talented group and we have our moments, especially at home. He knows they could get punched wt any moment by a moment of brilliance and then they have a spell to mange where the crowd gets up. We even could have nicked it again at the end with a bit more composure.

Our overall play is poor and our decision making in the final third remains awful, but we showed some spirit today and reacted well to Thursday

There’s a lot of problems, but I don’t think effort and playing for the manager is one of them. We’re just a chaotic mess.

I think tactically he does need to be more pragmatic. If Casemiro could run quicker and if our back 4 could step up and win 50/50s in midfield it would work better but we don’t.

Also doesn’t help when we have no leaders in the team. Some of the chaos is self inflicted , infact a lot of it is. Other parts the team isn’t good enough.

Build the team around Mainoo Garnacho and hojlund and hopefully next season we are in a position to challenge. Big ask. About 7-8 players need binning and 5-6 need signing. It’s never possible to turn it around in one window however i think if we get Martinez fit. Sign a a CB LB and CM. And a cover ST so it’s not all falling on hojlund you never know.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:49 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It was mate.

Was it £#%&! doesn’t touch him, he kicks awb if anything

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

If AWB had touched the ball then I think it’s probs not a pen. That fact that he doesn’t but then effectively impedes spaghetti head means it is one.

Also not one United player complained that it wasn’t.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:59 PM
Sparky***

I'm not interested in arguing about whether or not it was a penalty, it's an absolutely braindead challenge by terminally thick idiot. Just like the other night at Chelsea. They never £#%&!ing learn.

Great feeling when Mainoo's goal went in but the joy soon wears off when you look at the clock and you know exactly how the next 20 mins or so is going to unfold. You put United under enough pressure at the back and sure enough someone will do something daft.

It's not like we make it easy on ourself either with the kind of half-arsed clearances we make. The amount of times our players head the ball up in the air in our own area or take a £#%&!ing eternity to decide what to do with it.

"yeah that's it Maguire, dribble out of defence, because that's what you're good at isn't it."

"Alright Casemiro you've got the ball at feet in the 18 yard box, all the time in the world, clear your lines. Oh no, you've scuffed it 15 yards straight to Diaz. Well done"

Rinse and £#%&!ing repeat.

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:06 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
https://x.com/emilholmgr51524/status...spK8o-N_pJcmYw

Was it £#%&! doesn’t touch him, he kicks awb if anything
It literally was a penalty.

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Also not one United player complained that it wasn’t.
they should have. too £#%&!ing gutless and insipid even to fight for justice against our biggest rivals.

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
“So, you’re admitting arsenal are better than Liverpool?”

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm not interested in arguing about whether or not it was a penalty, it's an absolutely braindead challenge by terminally thick idiot. Just like the other night at Chelsea. They never £#%&!ing learn.
t.
100% this. It’s absolutely idiotic in the context of the attack and the game. Just as our defending against Brentford and Chelsea. You can argue the toss about whether it’s soft, but I’m more bothered that we put ourselves into these situations in the first place. There’s three challenges from Antony, Dalot and AWB that are needless, careless or both. At critical times.

It’s not like we’re entirely shit all the time. This week alone we’ve led at Stamford bridge, taken the lead in the 95th minute at Brentford and come from behind to lead Liverpool. With some fine goal. We’re putting ourselves in a position to win matches and then sabotaging ourselves. We should have at least 7 points from the last week and we’d be in with a shout for top five again. Instead we’ve got £#%&!ing two.

Having said that, my overwhelming feeling is still one of relief that we didn’t lose.

Quote:
It literally was a penalty.
100%. Id be furious if that wasn’t given for us. I think all the pens we’ve conceded this week are pens.

No you’re not, Jamie. You’re second 🍻

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:34 PM
NedKelly

Joint top

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Joint top
I remember Aguero goal hitting the back of the net in 2012 and thinking “at least we’re still joint top”

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Couldn't see the pen at all from the stretty.....

Looks soft ?

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Couldn't see the pen at all from the stretty.....

Looks soft ?

Unread 07-04-2024, 07:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Wtf !!!!