United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 05-09-2023, 09:54 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If anything is nonsense, it’s that figure of £10bn
That was the point I was making …..

We know, as best we can, bids were in at around 5-6 bn. If the proposed seller says 10bn there is no point in negotiating. You just walk away. The proposed buyers do not appear to have done so.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:10 PM
dunk

The Glazers want £6bn for their shares. A billion each.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:14 PM
Finport Red

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If they truly want £6bn for their share that would mean they value the club at £8.5bn ish, and based on what has been said following Jim’s bid, the buyer would have to buy the lot, and take on the debt. If that’s the case it’s no £#%&!ing wonder it’s going nowhere.

https://twitter.com/swedishrumble/st...FISmV5ixy0aAOQ

Mid-July..

Unread 05-09-2023, 11:11 PM
westcoastvan

Huge red bearish candle today, stock dropped a whopping 18% in one day.

This happens everytime the Glazer's announce plans to stay, and then it pops back up everytime we here that Qatar is still in the running.

Someone is making a lot of money of these drops and spikes everytime there is a media announcement.

Unread 06-09-2023, 12:50 AM
ryanMUFC

If someone was looking to make a few quid.. wouldn’t it be a fairly good idea to buy some stocks in MANU at the moment?

Unread 06-09-2023, 01:22 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
If someone was looking to make a few quid.. wouldn’t it be a fairly good idea to buy some stocks in MANU at the moment?
Yes. I have

Unread 06-09-2023, 01:40 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I don't give financial advise, but the stock just plunged below the 200 sma on the daily, which means it most likely has further downside.

The stock is also dramatically moving up and down solely on news reports of the sale (It spikes up when news break about a Qatari ownership, and dumps everytime there are reports of the Glazers staying)

So unless someone has inside knowledge on the sale, or forth coming media reports, your pretty much gambling with bingo chips.

That and buying MANU stock is helping prop up the Glazers....though you could short if you know how to trade, and make every Glazer a little less rich .

Unread 06-09-2023, 07:24 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
I
That and buying MANU stock is helping prop up the Glazers....though you could short if you know how to trade, and make every Glazer a little less rich .
Ey up, Jordan Belfort has logged on...

Unread 06-09-2023, 07:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Unread 06-09-2023, 08:38 AM
Ethers

The stock is still well above the price it was a year ago.

Unread 06-09-2023, 09:56 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:30 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
go on then, if you're shorting this whats your target price?

Given the share price was around $13 before any sale announcement, its still way above that, and recent movements are literally ETF rebalancing and bullshit news stories, you'd be pretty £#%&!ing stupid betting this share price does anything worth the effort and infinite risk of shorting this pile of shit stock

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Given the share price was around $13 before any sale announcement, its still way above that, and recent movements are literally ETF rebalancing and bullshit news stories, you'd be pretty £#%&!ing stupid betting this share price does anything worth the effort and infinite risk of shorting this pile of shit stock
Ey up, Jordan Belfort has logged on….

Unread 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 06-09-2023, 12:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Calm down burner phone Barry ..

Unread 06-09-2023, 07:24 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Ffs, I've already had this discussion for you. The so called preferred stock your referring to (B class shares that give them voting rights) are common stock.

Their value is tied to the price of the NYSE! Again...

That also means a reduction in dividend pay outs.

If they choose to delay the sale for more money, and Ten Hag keeps them in the top 4, I'm sure the share price will stabilize until 2025/26, but again....

If they choose to end the sale outright, and go with minority investment, over time their wealth will get hammered, which is why the media is reporting a split in the family over the sale.

quoting your own posts doesn't prove anything

you genuinely think that the additional voting rights are worth literally 0?

what does the stock price have to do with dividend payouts?

Unread 06-09-2023, 07:31 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0

He literally has no idea what he’s on about. Strange bloke.

Unread 07-09-2023, 12:54 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0

Don't misquote me. I never made any comment in that regard.

You obviously clueless, if you don't think the share price hurts the value of the club, or bothers the Glazers. #@?!

Quote:
go on then, if you're shorting this what's your target price?

I agree with you. I personally wouldn't hold it for any long period of time.

It's a pre market buy or sell based on the news. You borrow to sell shares before the market opens, the more the stock falls the more you make.

Selling £2000 worth of shares on Tuesday, would have netted you around £300 to £400 by the end of the day, depending how early you got in.

Take in mind day trading is highly risky and stressful... unfortunately there is no world where fans can just pile into shorts and bankrupt the glazers without the risk of getting smoked. (I wish there was)

but ....if you have an online trading account.

Unread 07-09-2023, 07:38 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Don't misquote me. I never made any comment in that regard.

You obviously clueless, if you don't think the share price hurts the value of the club, or bothers the Glazers. #@?!
I posted a few pages ago that there is a price difference between the public and private stock and you said "not this shit again". you also directly said that a falling share price will hurt their dividend payouts. explain that one

I'll try and explain my point a bit better. I think we agree on most things.

from your other posts you clearly get that the share price movement on the public stock is driven by what the market thinks the glazers are doing with their private stock. but then you are completely ignoring that and saying that the glazers decision making will be based on the price of the public stock.

we both agree that the share price will fall if it's announced no sale. if we know that, then the glazers know that. if they don't sell today, it's because they think they can get more tomorrow.

so at that point, the price of the public stock vs their valuation of the private stock will never have been further apart....