LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
must try harder

btw forgot the actual racist quote in my earlier post

"But we're in China so what do you expect." Paddy Barnes, Republic of Ireland

racism at it's worst - a dark shadow over a great fortnights sport
What was the contex?

If it was the way certain judging appeared to favour the home country then I'd have to agree with it, The Irish boxer who lost to the Chineese one was very harshly treated & he wasn't the only one by a very long way.

Does that make me a raceist?.....I don't think so........

Unread 25-08-2008, 03:59 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
What was the contex?

If it was the way certain judging appeared to favour the home country then I'd have to agree with it, The Irish boxer who lost to the Chineese one was very harshly treated & he wasn't the only one by a very long way.

Does that make me a raceist?.....I don't think so........
He was a boxer who admitted he was well beaten. Also said (don't have the exact quote) that a country like China should never been allowed to host the Olympics. Didn't stop him going though.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
This coming from someone from Europe's equivelant of 1950s alabama. Great.

If you don't believe me and I find this article, will you apologise and admit your state is a parasite with no identity?

that's what i was thinking as well

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
He was a boxer who admitted he was well beaten. Also said (don't have the exact quote) that a country like China should never been allowed to host the Olympics. Didn't stop him going though.
to be clear, you don't think any of the olympic judging is blatantly biased towards the home nation?

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Ether

Quote:
A thread about a 2012 football team and you are trying to turn it into the usual ould shite.
£#%&!ing brilliant coming from you that.

And that 'racist' comment is no different to what Scholesy said when out in Japan for the World Cup.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:09 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
to be clear, you don't think any of the olympic judging is blatantly biased towards the home nation?
It has - but I didn't hear anything similar racist come from ANY other country. Compare that to the UK girl who was (originally) robbed in the taekwondo (sp). Shook hands and when interviewed said she was gutted and felt she had won. Nothing racist towards the hosts - UK appealed and she was reinstated.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:10 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
That's human nature though isn't it, it's great having high principles but another to live up to them.

It's a matter of degree, if you wanted to you could make an arguement against most country's holding any major sporting event.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Ether

Quote:
It has - but I didn't hear anything similar racist come from ANY other country. Compare that to the UK girl who was (originally) robbed in the taekwondo (sp). Shook hands and when interviewed said she was gutted and felt she had won. Nothing racist towards the hosts - UK appealed and she was reinstated.
It isn't racist though

You're embarassing yourself here. Even more than usual.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
her coach suggested "external pressures" and she made a similar observation

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:13 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
It isn't racist though

You're embarassing yourself here. Even more than usual.
why isn't it ?

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
being silly now. Calm down. A thread about a 2012 football team and you are trying to turn it into the usual ould shite. Perhaps it would be better if we had a British Isles Team in the 2012 Olympics - in all sports - and youse could share in our glory. Apart from the drug cheat Michelle Smith I can't remember youse ever being on a podium.
We have to make our own glory though, instead of living off the victory of the larger nations like what you do.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:22 PM
wee man

Quote:
We have to make our own glory though, instead of living off the victory of the larger nations like what you do.
You know what Fuzzballs - we should just treat each other with the respect we think we would like to receive back. We are both young countries and have both made mistakes.

Onwards and upwards.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
You know what Fuzzballs - we should just treat each other with the respect we think we would like to receive back. We are both young countries and have both made mistakes.

Onwards and upwards.

This is a trap of some sort.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:36 PM
wee man

Quote:

This is a trap of some sort.
sometimes it's good banter and good debate but sometimes it threatens to go beyond that. Not always you tbf but sometimes people say things about my country, where, if I said the exact same words about theirs I would be accused of all sorts of bigotry.

What exactly is bigotry - that's a 100 pager (10,000 if Tolkein sees it) and for another day.

Why am I suddenly being serious ? Bank holiday I suppose.
Closed Thread