Ji-Sung 2 2.82%
Tevez 7 9.86%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Proved himself wrong too as it was his opinion too for a while. good on him.
not quite true, bedders

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:12 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Proved himself wrong too as it was his opinion too for a while. good on him.
Takes a real man to admit he was wrong

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:13 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
I s'pose it was difficult for Fergie at the time as he seemed to think he was old and past it and should step down, then changed his mind. Great to see him back to his best anyway and as I said, his signings since have been, in the main, outstanding.
nope im talking about 04/05 and 05/06.
he seems to think he was old and past it BEFORE he announced his retirement which was why he announced it.

im talking about when you thought him, fletcher and giggs should all leave the club or have you recently developed amnesia.

you seem to remember alot about me but never yourself turner.

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
vidic by a country mile.
have to agree, brings the best out of Rio, is a monster in the air, we've always had a decent attack & defence, with the current defence having the best season ever for a United side last time out you can attribute a lot of success to that base.

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
not quite true, bedders
Why, he did announce his retirement, i'm sure of it. He changed his mind about it too, I remember it, in fact he must have as he is still manager?

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Why, he did announce his retirement, i'm sure of it. He changed his mind about it too, I remember it, in fact he must have as he is still manager?
yes but to infer it was because he thought he was past it isn't the whole truth

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:18 AM
marlo stansfield

what other top boy voted anderson?

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Takes a real man to admit he was wrong
true, I've admitted on many occasions recently, Monday for example, that Fletcher for example has surprised me with his recent improvement and that i was over-harsh in my criticism of him previously. Fergie I did think was finished about 3 years ago, he'd made some terrible signings, the squad was a bit of a mess and he had already shown his uncertainty with his aborted retirement. I'm delighted he's proved my doubts wrong. if only others would admit their 10 week hate campaigns, before a player kicked a ball for the club, actually happened, let alone were wrong eh?

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
yes but to infer it was because he thought he was past it isn't the whole truth
I dunno why he did it to be honest, only he does and i'm not sure he'd be entirely clear.

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
I dunno why he did it to be honest, only he does and i'm not sure he'd be entirely clear.
well i think he thought he was doing the right thing by his wife but she thought he would be miserable and gave the green light for a u-turn

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
well i think he thought he was doing the right thing by his wife but she thought he would be miserable and gave the green light for a u-turn
Maybe, as i say i don't know the reasons behind it.

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:27 AM
thatsfuctit

Not quite answering the question, but

We look a different team with Rio & Vidic together, but when Wez gets a run there, he can look the %@#$&!s.

With all the rest of the squad fit, and if one of those was to get a long term injury i think mad Pat would be the hardest to replace.

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Not quite answering the question, but

We look a different team with Rio & Vidic together, but when Wez gets a run there, he can look the %@#$&!s.

With all the rest of the squad fit, and if one of those was to get a long term injury i think mad Pat would be the hardest to replace.
It's a very close call between 4 or 5 of them 'cos so many good signings have been made recently. Good reason in a way to be positive about any Berbatov signing, we just don't seem to make big mistakes in the transfer market these days.

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Jez Quigley

Default Bandwagoner jumper

me but I voted for Vidic before reading any of these posts.

I'm really old fashioned insofar as I think a team needs the spine to be good above all - the GK, 2 centre backs, a midfielder and a striker.

Get those 5 sorted and you're on the way.

I think he and Rio will be even better this year too - feeling really optimistic for a good season.

Can't believe nobody voted for the Cougar though

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:51 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Can't believe nobody voted for the Cougar though
Great player, but largely unneeded, bit of a luxury signing with Carrick and Anderson (and Scholes).

Imagine the team without Vidic

Unread 13-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Imagine the team without Vidic
doesnt bare thinking about. silvestre or brown in the middle not good

Unread 13-08-2008, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
doesnt bare thinking about. silvestre or brown in the middle not good
Brown is fine in the middle with Rio. It's if Rio is out and he plays with vidic there's an issue for me. To be honest i think a stick of Rhubarb could play next to Rio these dayus and do OK, not that I'm downplaying how good Vidic is, he's as good as I've seen of his type of centreback.

Unread 13-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Brown is fine in the middle with Rio. It's if Rio is out and he plays with vidic there's an issue for me. To be honest i think a stick of Rhubarb could play next to Rio these dayus and do OK, not that I'm downplaying how good Vidic is, he's as good as I've seen of his type of centreback.
brown is very often caught napping, he can get away with it a lot more at RB but at CB if you get caught napping it can often lead to a goal, rio often rescues him with his pace, vidic isnt as quick and cant carry him like rio.

Unread 13-08-2008, 11:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
brown is very often caught napping, he can get away with it a lot more at RB but at CB if you get caught napping it can often lead to a goal, rio often rescues him with his pace, vidic isnt as quick and cant carry him like rio.
agreed. rio is the best defender in the world.

Unread 13-08-2008, 11:06 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Agreed. However his pace and fantastically accurate tackling often dig him out of his own hole.
Closed Thread