United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:58 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I thought Arsenal received a special Premier League trophy that they got to keep after they won it unbeaten? I think it may have been gold not silver.

Then again, to be fair to me, I might have dreamt that.
You didn't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/3724897.stm

We got to keep the original Premiership trophy after winning three in a row

Unread 15-04-2008, 12:00 AM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You didn't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/3724897.stm

We got to keep the original Premiership trophy after winning three in a row
If a team got relegated with an unbeaten record, I wonder if they'd get a special trophy too.

Unread 15-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Grimson

Quote:
If a team got relegated with an unbeaten record, I wonder if they'd get a special trophy too.

"Congratulations! Er...here..."

Unread 15-04-2008, 12:20 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Remember Boro last week? No, me neither.
actually forgotten it, did we not win!?

don't ever bring boro up again, i would quite happily wipe those 2 games from my united-watching season!! @#%&!s!!

Unread 15-04-2008, 12:28 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
actually forgotten it, did we not win!?

don't ever bring boro up again, i would quite happily wipe those 2 games from my united-watching season!! @#%&!s!!
I'd be happy for Her Majesty's Government to nuke the shit hole.

Unread 15-04-2008, 12:40 AM
bruntyboy

Quote:
I didn't exactly say that though. I was making the point that most seasons the team that loses least will win the league (as may well be again this season). Just because it didn't happen last year doesn't mean that it's not generally true.

I was saying it's better to have three straight draws and remain unbeaten than to win one, draw one and then lose one. I think most would agree with that.

Anyway, who cares now. I think after tonight's result we might see Chelsea resting even more for Goodison on Thursday, meaning we might wrap it up this weekend, all being well. And I for one don't give a stuff how we managed to go about getting the required amount of points.
This isn't possible.

Unread 15-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Turin

What's really helped us this season is our record against the other three teams in the top 4. We can afford to drop points against teams that can't hurt us in the long run as long as we don't concede any ground to our rivals.

Arsenal - 4 points / 6
Liverpool - 6/6
Chelsea - 3/3

Unread 15-04-2008, 12:56 AM
bruntyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin
What's really helped us this season is our record against the other three teams in the top 4. We can afford to drop points against teams that can't hurt us in the long run as long as we don't concede any ground to our rivals.

Arsenal - 4 points / 6
Liverpool - 6/6
Chelsea - 3/3
Plus the others have taken points off each other

Arsenal - 6/18
Liverpool - 4/18
Chelsea - 5/15
United - 13/15

Unread 15-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
Plus the others have taken points off each other

Arsenal - 6/18
Liverpool - 4/18
Chelsea - 5/15
United - 13/15
And there was that game when Chelsea accidentally played themselves, and lost. 0/3
Closed Thread