United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:25 PM
MUFC

He has been a mainstay in the best defence in the league. He could help to us to achieve the bst season we have had since 99.

I would much rather pay him what he wants rather than splashing out on the next foreign/portuguese 'sensation'

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:35 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
I just pray he won't be found out at the very highest level in the champions league.
cue one rio ferdinand... rio would have wes' back - he's benefited from having rio next to him - really come on as a player this season has wes, but is it any wonder - he plays on confidence - and that comes from successive games in the team in one position, wes has never had that before this season. good player, had a great season for us so far

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:38 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
cue one rio ferdinand... rio would have wes' back - he's benefited from having rio next to him - really come on as a player this season has wes, but is it any wonder - he plays on confidence - and that comes from successive games in the team in one position, wes has never had that before this season. good player, had a great season for us so far
Fair comment. Ronnie will take all the plaudits because he does the exciting stuff, but for me, Rio is well and truly up there as high as Ronnie. Doesn't get the credit he deserves because he is a bit of a @#%&!.

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:38 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC
He has been a mainstay in the best defence in the league. He could help to us to achieve the bst season we have had since 99.

I would much rather pay him what he wants rather than splashing out on the next foreign/portuguese 'sensation'
its more a case of what his agent wants, methinks

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Darth Vidic

Why the £#%&! should we when we've stood by him through all his injuries - not suggesting he could help them obviously, but we showed him loyalty, now he should do the same. Especially since he is hardly indisposable.

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:48 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Why the £#%&! should we when we've stood by him through all his injuries - not suggesting he could help them obviously, but we showed him loyalty, now he should do the same. Especially since he is hardly indisposable.
a bit of perspective... he's not actually done anything wrong yet - he's still under contract... he will sign, no worries about that!!

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:50 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Fair comment. Ronnie will take all the plaudits because he does the exciting stuff, but for me, Rio is well and truly up there as high as Ronnie. Doesn't get the credit he deserves because he is a bit of a @#%&!.
that's not the reason... ask around old trafford and no one has that opinion of him anymore - supporters appreciate what he does for the team these days! reason he doesn't get as much credit as ronny is cos he doesn't score goals... goalscorers have always taken the credit - it's what happens...

Unread 04-04-2008, 11:56 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
that's not the reason... ask around old trafford and no one has that opinion of him anymore - supporters appreciate what he does for the team these days! reason he doesn't get as much credit as ronny is cos he doesn't score goals... goalscorers have always taken the credit - it's what happens...
I agree with you actually. I've just been listening to Pure too much.

Unread 05-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Riverside

He's the only orange man (as opposed to Orangeman) in the world.

Unread 05-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Mr_Ed

Come on now... let's just explore the facts...

Wenger tends to buy younger players who can pass the ball, are technically good and for not great wages.

Wesley is being offered 55k to stay at (hopefully!!!!!) the league champs and possibly the European Champions, is 28 and there are better players out there than him - it doesn't smell of a Wenger signing to be honest.

I'm not saying he's not good enough to get in their team as he is but his wage demands, and Wengers 'kiddy' policy suggest it's a load of %@#$&!s.

However I do reserve the right to be completely wrong

Unread 05-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Tronics

Thank God!

Lahm in please.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Spiffy

London's a long way away for a Manc. If he goes, he'll stay local and I reckon he'll stay.

I've just been speaking to a taxi driver who said Wes is building a house in Prestbury. Why leave straight after building a house? I know Hughesy did but I can't see Wes, Hughesy wasn't a Manc, Wes is.

HTH

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:06 AM
wonky no

if it is true it could be constrewed as wenger playing a trump card to unsettle the squad.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
if it is true it could be constrewed as wenger playing a trump card to unsettle the squad.
That's what it is. Well spotted that man.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Wes Brown is a key component of one of the best defences we have had in years.......

It's not a coincidence.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Wes Brown is a key component of one of the best defences we have had in years.......

It's not a coincidence.
No it's all inspite of him. He's shit yada yada yada.

I for one wouldn't be too worried if we went in to next season with him there (if it's not broke don't £#%&! about with it) and bring in a young right back who is reasonably attack minded as understudy.

I am of the opinion that G.Nev's days are numbered and will likely pick up another injury and call it a day.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
No it's all inspite of him. He's shit yada yada yada.

I for one wouldn't be too worried if we went in to next season with him there (if it's not broke don't £#%&! about with it) and bring in a young right back who is reasonably attack minded as understudy.

I am of the opinion that G.Nev's days are numbered and will likely pick up another injury and call it a day.
I would hate Neville to get "fit" in the last few weeks of the season, he would be "rusty" as £#%&! and would destroy the defence we have.

Wes Brown is the perfect counter-point to Evra, he can sit back as Pat attacks.

Brown has been brilliant, and has done exatcly what we need. All those #@&%!s who say he makes mistakes etc, yep, he's made shitloads, hence why we have conceeded so many goals this season.....

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
I would hate Neville to get "fit" in the last few weeks of the season, he would be "rusty" as £#%&! and would destroy the defence we have.

Wes Brown is the perfect counter-point to Evra, he can sit back as Pat attacks.

Brown has been brilliant, and has done exatcly what we need. All those #@&%!s who say he makes mistakes etc, yep, he's made shitloads, hence why we have conceeded so many goals this season.....
It's because if you look at a player negatively (and lots of know nowts do when it comes to Wes) you just ignore all the good stuff they are doing and focus on the shit. We all do it. My new hobby is doing it to Giggsy.

Unread 05-04-2008, 06:05 AM
magic_cantona

Can we just stop the speculating and start the booing?

It's been ever so dull since Rio wouldn't sign his deal.

Unread 05-04-2008, 10:26 AM
keano's love

This is good news.

2 birds with one stone.

Arsenal will have another defender who won't improve their defense and will be paying near 60k a week.

and we can buy an "actually good" right back.
Closed Thread