United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Fulham.

Which proves my point - he is an important part of the squad because he can be played in games when our most important players need a rest.

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Which proves my point - he is an important part of the squad because he can be played in games when our most important players need a rest.
Carrick, he played today.And couldn't pass to his own team mates.We were lucky that we were playing Derby.

If he (god forbid) has to play in a high tempo, high pressure game, for injury or whatever reason, we are in trouble.

He's an accident that is going to happen.

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Rhodzy

Was Rio injured or something, should never have been dropped.

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Carrick, he played today.And couldn't pass to his own team mates.We were lucky that we were playing Derby.

If he (god forbid) has to play in a high tempo, high pressure game, for injury or whatever reason, we are in trouble.

He's an accident that is going to happen.

But he was able to pass to his team mates against Fulham

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

He's barely had a rest all season.

Good management.

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:30 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I hope we don't have to rely on him at anfield next week
I hope he does go to Anfield next Sunday. That means he won't be on the pitch at Old Trafford.

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
He's barely had a rest all season.

Good management.
Do united centre backs really need a rest?

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
But he was able to pass to his team mates against Fulham
Thank £#%&! for his 6/10 performance against a £#%&!ing woeful Fulham team eh?

Otherwise, you'd have no argument whatsoever.

Ace!

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:55 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I hope he does go to Anfield next Sunday. That means he won't be on the pitch at Old Trafford.

my thinking exactly!

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:55 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

bad back apparently.

Unread 15-03-2008, 09:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
bad back apparently.
Whereas O'Shea is just bad at the back.

Unread 15-03-2008, 10:02 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Whereas O'Shea is just bad at the back.

this is true

Unread 16-03-2008, 12:43 AM
RedOx

It is truly beyond me how someone with his awful ability has made it playing for us let alone in the premiership.

Unread 16-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Crumps

Biggest fall from grace since Mendieta. Amazing in his first season at left back and played well in midfield the year before last but appart from that he's been consistantly £#%&!ing £#%&!. The only thing keeping him at the club is that he can play 4 positions albeit badly. £#%&! him off and give Evans/Gibson his place in the squad depending on who's required next season. Shite Shite Shite Shite @#%&! £#%&! Off To Sunderland.

Unread 16-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Tumescent Throb

In O'Shea's defence he is one of the United squad's best tactical players, no doubt because he has played so many positions. Or can he play so many positions because he's so good tactically? Hmm.

Also, it is interesting to note that despite his critics saying he shit/£#%&!/useless/gash, and despite the fact he played ion Milan last season, Mr O'Shea's name was on the teamsheet for Lille (H), Roma home and away, Milan at home, Roma home and away this season, Kiev at home, and Sporting at home.

Quote:
We were lucky that we were playing Derby.
Good point. Imagine if we were supposed to be away in London yesterday.

Unread 16-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Also, it is interesting to note that despite his critics saying he shit/£#%&!/useless/gash, and despite the fact he played ion Milan last season, Mr O'Shea's name was on the teamsheet for Lille (H), Roma home and away, Milan at home, Roma home and away this season, Kiev at home, and Sporting at home.
That may be but did his performance have any real positive impact on any of the aforementioned games?

Anyone with eyes in their head and a hole in their arse can see that he looks awkward and struggles with the game at the highest level both in posession and defence. This is a shame seeing he had such a confident and bright start. If the quality of his play is down to him not playing regulary he is no use to United as he is not good enough to be anything more than a squad player. Any decent offer on the player should be taken imo.

Unread 16-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Whalefish

He seems incapable of stopping crosses from coming into the box. That's a basic requirement for any full back. It's schoolboy stuff at times. His play on the ball in the attacking third isn't actually that bad tbh and it's a great help that he can cross with either foot I just think he's a bit of fanny when it comes to defending.

Unread 16-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Tumescent Throb

Seeing as we won all bar 2 of those games I'd say it surely did.

I've squirmed at his alarmingly regular useless/shit/gash/£#%&! moments along with everyone else. But he rarely gets punished for them on the pitch and that's a fact. Very important squad player is Mr O'Shea.

Unread 16-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Seeing as we won all bar 2 of those games I'd say it surely did.

I've squirmed at his alarmingly regular useless/shit/gash/£#%&! moments along with everyone else. But he rarely gets punished for them on the pitch and that's a fact. Very important squad player is Mr O'Shea.
We won them in spite of him.

I don't really like slagging off our players but I honestly think he is shite 9 times out of 10. I just wish he could have carried on from his first season rather than going backwards.

Unread 16-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Coracao

It is amazing how shite he has turned out to be, his first season he was a class act.

He earned a repireve last season;

Going in net vs spurs
Scoring important goals on merseyside.

Now he's pissing me off again.
Closed Thread