United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2008, 10:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
he has done more than hargreaves this year
and had he been at United? Would he have been picked in the big games in midfield?

Unread 28-02-2008, 10:50 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I see so Jagielka would be a good signing as a defender? I mean obviously her's not yet Everton class as a midfielder and as such obviously not United class either. I can't think of anyone who'd want Jags as a United midfielder when he's currently 4th choice at best at Everton. I'd consider Arteta as a signing for United though, he's quality.
I am not saying that United should make any signings other than up front. My point back in the summer was as a club in a mountain of debt Super jags at 4 million quid gave far more value for money that 17 million for Hargo who, whilst being a great midfielder, is always injured.

Unread 28-02-2008, 10:51 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
he has done more than hargreaves this year.... and the year before...
Did you know he scored more goals in a sheff united side that went down than hargo did in 3 years in a bayern side that dominates domestic competition.

Unread 28-02-2008, 10:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
he has done more than hargreaves this year.... and the year before...
How come you're desperate to beat our players down with any stick you get?

Do you understand what 'support' means?

Unread 28-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Did you know he scored more goals in a sheff united side that went down than hargo did in 3 years in a bayern side that dominates domestic competition.
Lets face it he could probably cover Carrick too. His passing completion rate for Sheff United in the season they were promoted surpassed anyone in Englands.

Unread 28-02-2008, 10:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Lets face it he could probably cover Carrick too. His passing completion rate for Sheff United in the season they were promoted surpassed anyone in Englands.
Oh just £#%&! off.

Unread 28-02-2008, 10:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I am not saying that United should make any signings other than up front. My point back in the summer was as a club in a mountain of debt Super jags at 4 million quid gave far more value for money that 17 million for Hargo who, whilst being a great midfielder, is always injured.
It may be better value for money, he isn't as good though and United really should be signing quality if they have the money.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:02 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
It may be better value for money, he isn't as good though and United really should be signing quality if they have the money.
He is on top form in a team 2 places below us in the league. What is not good enough for us. I don't think with everyone fit at united if he were there he woulf be starting 11 but over the course of a season I reckon he would be a good squad player for us. Anyhoo he is doing well at Everton now so it is a moot point.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He is on top form in a team 2 places below us in the league. What is not good enough for us. I don't think with everyone fit at united if he were there he woulf be starting 11 but over the course of a season I reckon he would be a good squad player for us. Anyhoo he is doing well at Everton now so it is a moot point.
Certianly a cows opinion and i don't disagree that he'd be a good squad player for us. Thing is though, that's not what Hargo was signed for, he was signed for games like Arse away and Liverpool and Europe, where he has played and played well and Jags wouldn't have. It's comparing apples and oranges to me.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:10 AM
marlo stansfield

if we pay £17m for him some people will suddenly just rate him.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
if we pay £17m for him some people will suddenly just rate him.
Probably. As I understand we didn't though and I personally rated Hargreaves before we signed him. Still do, in fact I think we're gonna very much see his worth during our title run in. Chelsea away, Liverpool, Arse and the CL games particularly.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:14 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Certianly a cows opinion and i don't disagree that he'd be a good squad player for us. Thing is though, that's not what Hargo was signed for, he was signed for games like Arse away and Liverpool and Europe, where he has played and played well and Jags wouldn't have. It's comparing apples and oranges to me.
I'd say more like Apples and Strwberrys. Strawberrys are expensive and have a short time when they are in season, you can't pick them for the rest of the year where as you can get apples at anytime.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'd say more like Apples and Strwberrys. Strawberrys are expensive and have a short time when they are in season, you can't pick them for the rest of the year where as you can get apples at anytime.
Hey you're entitled to that opinion. As I say, I think we're gonna see exactly what he was bought for in the next few months.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:16 AM
MUFC One Love

Anyone suggesting Jagielka would have been a better signing than Hargreaves has issues. He was shite in midfield at Everton he is doing pretty good now but as a defender. Would he have got in ahead of Rio or Vidic? Or even Pique?

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:17 AM
keano's love

Quote:
And to add, Apple are good for health and taste well.

where as strawberries... I only find them useful to stick it up my gf's @#%&! and then eat it from there...

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:18 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
And to add, Apple are good for health and taste well.

where as strawberries... I only find them useful to stick it up my gf's @#%&! and then eat it from there...
Come off it you've never kissed a girl. Aren't you a 14 year old Indian?

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Zorg

Just stuck Flamini in midfield for France on PES 2008.

He played very well. Sign him up.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:21 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Hey you're entitled to that opinion. As I say, I think we're gonna see exactly what he was bought for in the next few months.
I do hope so. I've not seen 17 million quids worth so far

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:22 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
How come you're desperate to beat our players down with any stick you get?

Do you understand what 'support' means?
No MUFC... It is just my opinion and a realistic one IMO. Flamini has been better than hargreaves this season and last season.

support doesn't mean saying hargreaves is better than flamini just like it wasn't when liverpool fans were claiming pennant is as good as ronaldo.

A player is shit if he is shit whether he plays for our team or opponents...

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:24 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Come off it you've never kissed a girl. Aren't you a 14 year old Indian?
24 to be precise...
Closed Thread