United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2008, 05:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Agreed. He'd be affordable to Sky, I'm sure. What a difference someone like that'd make. As it is, I rarely watch much of the pre-match stuff these days.

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Serenity Now

Who the £#%&! thought it would be a good idea to hire the likes of Redknapp or Warren Barton in the first place? What qualities do they possess that suggest they could possibly be even half-decent TV pundits? Can you imagine the job listing? "Ex-footballer, not obese, limited knowledge of game and mild mental #@&%!ation preferable."

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Who the £#%&! thought it would be a good idea to hire the likes of Redknapp or Warren Barton in the first place? What qualities do they possess that suggest they could possibly be even half-decent TV pundits? Can you imagine the job listing? "Ex-footballer, not obese, limited knowledge of game and mild mental #@&%!ation preferable."

i'd like the bloke at the end of this clip as a pundit.

[youtube]9aie0OWoBeg[/youtube]

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Gary £#%&!ing Birtles

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:16 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899

i'd like the bloke at the end of this clip as a pundit.

[youtube]9aie0OWoBeg[/youtube]
lol the look on his face when somebody pours beer on his head

" i'm gunna slaughter your family offair "

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
lol the look on his face when somebody pours beer on his head

" i'm gunna slaughter your family offair "
I actually saw that prat on wembley way. there was a huge mob gathered around him but I just walked off. I'd have gotten in on the act if I wasn't sober.

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Sloppy

Its a mate of Crumps at the end.

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:24 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I remember earlier on in the season Keys said "So Ruud, tell us just what is going on at Valencia?" Gullit responded "Er, I don't know" Gullit never played in Spain; he never managed in Spain; he's never really been associated with Spanish football. But in Sky's head 'continentals' are all one in the same.

Unread 19-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Let's get this straight then. Before the game Sky talk about it for an hour?

That sounds groovy. Thank £#%&! it's not compulsory eh

Unread 19-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Agreed. He'd be affordable to Sky, I'm sure. What a difference someone like that'd make.
The funny thing is, he actually does colour commentary on English football for Spanish TV. He's pretty good too, although he pronounces the LL like an Argentine for some reason. Strange that the Spanish get Sid Lowe, and we get stuck with Warren Barton. Wonder if they'd be willing to swap?

Unread 19-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Agreed.

Who gives a £#%&! who they have on.

I've got better things to be doing pre-match. Like having a £#%&!, or brewing a steaming turd for half time.

Unread 19-02-2008, 07:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Agreed.

Who gives a £#%&! who they have on.

I've got better things to be doing pre-match

I must be a right sad @#%&! then!

I can watch people talking about football for hours on end!...even if it is banal fence sitters like Jamie Redknapp.
I even set my alarm Sunday mornings to watch the Sunday Supplement ... (providing United have had a good result of course)

Unread 19-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
souness is by far and away the best tv pundit on tv ...

souness should be our next manager ..fact
I admire your stance on Ferie but not even I think Souness would do well for us. He's a decent enough punter but I wouldn't want him picking the team.

Unread 19-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
souness is by far and away the best tv pundit on tv ...

souness should be our next manager ..fact

S/Side.Red

Quote:
The funny thing is, he actually does colour commentary on English football for Spanish TV. He's pretty good too, although he pronounces the LL like an Argentine for some reason.
I think they do that in Andalucia. Maybe he learned Spanish there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

But after the match I want to see all the highlights/goals/interviews from the other games, which means I have to listen to them for a good hour or so.

Serenity Now

I'm a bit like MJ, I'm afraid (although I can't stomach Sunday Supplement at all). So I'd love to see some decent football analysis on the tele.

Unread 19-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Coracao

Alonso is on the bench for the bin dippers.

Looks quite an atacking team from the fat controller.

Babel, Kuyt, Torres all in.

Unread 19-02-2008, 08:10 PM
the heathen

Souness is on RTE tonight with Dunphy and Giles...

Unread 19-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Rorschach

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
shame they cant get Paddy C on to liven things up eh
"Why the hell would I wanna talk about Liverpool..."

Unread 19-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
I think they do that in Andalucia. Maybe he learned Spanish there.
I don't think so. Everything else he says sounds like regular Castilian to me. That's what makes it a bit strange.
Closed Thread