United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2008, 11:07 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Yes but c'mon Anth he's been out for months. Those games would have done him the world of good fitness wise. Did you see the impact he had in his first game back by the way?

if we are honest with ourselves, scholes hasnt looked that good this season tbh.

before he got injured he had about two good games. (wigan (h) and aston villa (a))

i think its time he played for his place and at the moment anderson, carrick and even hargreaves warrant a place more than him.

Unread 15-02-2008, 11:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
if we are honest with ourselves, scholes hasnt looked that good this season tbh.

before he got injured he had about two good games. (wigan (h) and aston villa (a))

i think its time he played for his place and at the moment anderson, carrick and even hargreaves warrant a place more than him.
He was fantastic at Pompey too . I think he's been good this season, just think we've played him too much after such a long spell out and would like to see us playing the form players, Carrick and Anderson plus Hargo for his aggression and energy.

Unread 15-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He was fantastic at Pompey too . I think he's been good this season, just think we've played him too much after such a long spell out and would like to see us playing the form players, Carrick and Anderson plus Hargo for his aggression and energy.
He was not good against Pompey. Scored a good goal but Pompey ran all over United in midfield.

The only player Scholes can play with is Carrick. Reserve them both for games at home against teams who put ten men behind the ball. Anything else needs energy.

Unread 15-02-2008, 11:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He was not good against Pompey. Scored a good goal but Pompey ran all over United in midfield.

Nope, Scholes was excellent that day, Carrick was going through an appaling spell of for though and basically didn't turn up.

Unread 15-02-2008, 03:44 PM
S/Side.Red

....................van der sar..............
brown.......ferdinand.....vidic.....evra
................carrick.....scholes.........
......................anderson................
.......rooney........tevez.........ronaldo

If Scholes looks good in that system I'd keep the same side against Lyon. If he struggles again, bring Hargreaves in.

I think we'll do them. We won't lose back-to-back home games. I reckon the derby defeat will be the wake-up call we needed and a win tomorrow will set the momentum for a perfectly-timed run going into the crucial time of the season.

Unread 15-02-2008, 04:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

think next Wednesday is a bit more important really

hence my team for tomorrow would be

Nutsack

Simpson
Brown
Pique
Evra

Nani
Fletcher
Hargreaves