United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:03 PM
jem

Default £#%&! off

it's my united.

although I might think twice about calling it that looking at the line-up with which we finished.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:05 PM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
Bit harsh, Tweetles wouldn't have been on if Vida hadn't been banned. Their first was from a mistake by Sar.
Any chance we can sell silvestre to city,it would help with their relegation battle

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:05 PM
armchair

your united usually lose - it's Fergie's United that's top by 6.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:11 PM
jem

Default really?

we built our lead and confidence when fergie played his best xi for several games.

today, he put out half a team and then subbed our best players with enough time for reading to get back into the game. if you can't see that was stupidly dangerous, then perhaps you could post next time you're going out for a drive so I know where to avoid.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:14 PM
armchair

have you not noticed the gaps between games shortening jem?

You'd have flogged your best 11 to death a long time ago with your throw-back 50's tactics.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:19 PM
jem

Default no

I would have made sure we had better back-up players than o'shea, fletch and park.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:20 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I would have made sure we had better back-up players than o'shea, fletch and park.
I'll take the six point lead instead thanks!

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:21 PM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
have you not noticed the gaps between games shortening jem?

You'd have flogged your best 11 to death a long time ago with your throw-back 50's tactics.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:22 PM
jem

Default eh?

we'd have beaten reading at their place and put a weak arsenal to the sword. we'd win every game 6-0....

and just to be sure, I'd point out every bit of cheating by chelsea and drogba would have been sent off against us.

Unread 30-12-2006, 08:29 PM
m14red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we built our lead and confidence when fergie played his best xi for several games.

today, he put out half a team and then subbed our best players with enough time for reading to get back into the game. if you can't see that was stupidly dangerous, then perhaps you could post next time you're going out for a drive so I know where to avoid.
that's ridiculous. everyone I know's always banging on at him to start with a strong team and take players off when we are two goals up. so he did. and we won. stop getting all richard keys - they fluked a goal at the death. and what? oooh they then won a corner. shucks.

the games we've £#%&!ed up recently, celtic and west ham, he changed only evra/heinze in the former, and made no changes for west ham.

you're looking too hard squire.

Unread 30-12-2006, 08:53 PM
jem

Default they did not fluke a goal

they had a period of sustained pressure.

I like the idea of putting out our best team to start. that would surely have meant giggs and saha and not park and o'shea. we could have been 5-0 up at half-time. and it wasn't a great idea to sub players immediately after scoring. we should have established the lead. instead, we took off our two most influential players.

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Camel

i like it when jemima starts threads like this. she is wrong, more often than not. the female tempting fate at football thing seems to work out. though, i only ever see them in retrospect, so i may have a selective memory.

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

This thread is funny as £#%&!. It deserves to be on RI. Roll on Newcastle in, er, ooh, under 48hrs

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i like it when jemima starts threads like this. she is wrong, more often than not. the female tempting fate at football thing seems to work out. though, i only ever see them in retrospect, so i may have a selective memory.
um.... I was right. reading came back into the game and weren't far off spoiling our day. even though we were far better than them. what irks is that it was so predictable, I fear (not that 3-3 itself was a prediction... it's the principle). any time you see ronaldo going off and fletcher coming on, you should worry.

um.... and I put money on chelsea when they were 2-1 down against everton at 18/1 too. :0)

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
This thread is funny as £#%&!. It deserves to be on RI. Roll on Newcastle in, er, ooh, under 48hrs
when did newcastle last play?

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
when did newcastle last play?
couple of weeks ago wasn't it. didn't turn up today. apparently it's their cup final on Monday.

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:49 PM
jem

Default they never

seem to win their cup final.

(yes, I am blanking out that 5-0.)

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
seem to win their cup final.

(yes, I am blanking out that 5-0.)
But that could see us 9pts clear. Who'd have thunk it

Unread 30-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
um.... I was right. reading came back into the game and weren't far off spoiling our day. even though we were far better than them. what irks is that it was so predictable, I fear (not that 3-3 itself was a prediction... it's the principle). any time you see ronaldo going off and fletcher coming on, you should worry.

um.... and I put money on chelsea when they were 2-1 down against everton at 18/1 too. :0)
so reading came back to 3-2 and you're right for predicting the principle that it would be 3-3

the subs were always going to £#%&! us up. he shouldn't have taken of rooney and ronny, though.

what a wonderful world 'i'm always right' must be. i am going to coin a phrase and call it jemland. i worked hard thinking of that.

Unread 30-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Lazarus

It's amazing how this guy Ferguson keeps fluking and £#%&!ing up his way to titles,FA Cups and European trophies by rotating his squads when they have a festive fixture programme.

If jem was manager we'd win every single game without conceding or the opposition having any possession or joy.

With jem as MUFC boss we would win the treble every year by default.
Closed Thread